OT: Fight in Bengals equipment room

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bengals | Locker room scuffle breaks out
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:45:51 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports a locker room fight occurred at Paul Brown Stadium Thursday, Nov. 17, while the media was present. DL Carl Powell picked up CB Reggie Myles and threw him down. The incident occurred in the equipment room, adjacent to the locker room, and touched off a 20-minute shouting match that spilled into the locker room and involved several other Bengals players. The confrontation was believed to be the result of horse-play gone too far. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said through the team's media relations department that he had no comment on the incident and that it would be handled internally. Rookie LB Odell Thurman got into a shouting match with some of the veteran players who had led Myles out of the equipment room.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Bengals | Locker room scuffle breaks out
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:45:51 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports a locker room fight occurred at Paul Brown Stadium Thursday, Nov. 17, while the media was present. DL Carl Powell picked up CB Reggie Myles and threw him down. The incident occurred in the equipment room, adjacent to the locker room, and touched off a 20-minute shouting match that spilled into the locker room and involved several other Bengals players. The confrontation was believed to be the result of horse-play gone too far. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said through the team's media relations department that he had no comment on the incident and that it would be handled internally. Rookie LB Odell Thurman got into a shouting match with some of the veteran players who had led Myles out of the equipment room.
I think it's interesting, especially in the wake of the Bears O-line fight and the TO/Douglass scuffle.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Odell needs to keep a cool head.

He has been a heck of a player this year so far and has shed some of that description of being trouble from his college days.

He is too good to start getting in trouble and ruin it for himself.

Not saying he caused any of the trouble...just that he needs to stay out of any trouble.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So...does anyone think it was a towel whipped across someones bare butt that really cracked and left a welt that started it all? :laugh2:

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
How about Kreutz. He knocked Fred Miller and broke his jaw. 2nd time that's happend, once in college, once in the pro's.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone remembers, but the funniest "fighting teammates" story I've ever heard was when Mario Bates and Lorenzo Neal were together on the Saints and were apparently hanging out at a bar. They got into a dispute and I believe Neal broke Bates's jaw with one punch and knocked him out in the process.

The Michael Westbrook-Stephen Davis incident that was caught on video that one training camp was also pretty graphic. I wonder if they ever got to the bottom of the story on what led to that, does anyone know?

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Someone needs to remind them that they are 7-2...not 2-7.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You only imagine how big the Clint Longley/Roger Staubach scuffle would have been if the mass media and the internet were nearly as prominant back then.:laugh2:

parchy

Reaction score
Geez. The way that story paints it, Myles either started something serious or got a whole lot of crap for something small.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
How about Kreutz. He knocked Fred Miller and broke his jaw. 2nd time that's happend, once in college, once in the pro's.

Brah, you no like beef wid da local kine guy. One crack- medevac...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The Michael Westbrook-Stephen Davis incident that was caught on video that one training camp was also pretty graphic. I wonder if they ever got to the bottom of the story on what led to that, does anyone know?

That was brutal

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Lucky for Powell he won that battle, can you imagine the hazing he would have gotten if he let a CB beat him up?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Rookie LB Odell Thurman got into a shouting match with some of the veteran players who had led Myles out of the equipment room.

This, in a nutshell is why Kevin Burnett is a Cowboy instead of Odell Thurman. Odell served a couple of suspensions in college and had a number of off-field issues with fighting etc.

You just aren't going to see Ware, Spears, Burnett, et al. involved in this sort of stuff.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Alexander said:
You only imagine how big the Clint Longley/Roger Staubach scuffle would have been if the mass media and the internet were nearly as prominant back then.:laugh2:

Wow....I forgot about that...didn't Longley SUCKER punch Roger in the locker room? Never really heard much from Longley after the fact...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the worst sucker punch ever was when Kermit Washington absolutely destroyed Rudy Tomjonavich back in the day, that was nasty

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
So...does anyone think it was a towel whipped across someones bare butt that really cracked and left a welt that started it all? :laugh2:
I witnessed a locker room brawl over that one time but the towel hit a much more vulnerable place. If you know what I mean.