OT: Hurricane Katrina - Pray for us!!!

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I second that. Although I wasnt hit as hard as you or some other of the posters here in the storms but any Hurricane or Tropical Storm has the power to rip apart homes and just might bring the rain and lightning storms that cause death.

Take all the nessecary precautions and everyone along the Gulf Coast be safe and God Bless.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live in northeastern Louisiana, approximately 250 miles away from the expected landfall. Since yesterday, I have been calling relatives in New Orleans and telling them to leave. This is the storm many Louisianians, inside or outside of New Orleans, have dreaded for years. We have a few medium-to-moderately sized cities such as Baton Rouge, Shreveport, etc., but New Orleans is the major metropolitan city for the state. If New Orleans is hit as hard as many believe, the negative effects of the storm will stretch well outside its city limits.

For my family and me, the storm is expected to swing north/northeast after making landfall and we shouldn't see much of the effects. I feel blessed, but I'm praying for everyone who will be forced to face the aftermath of this storm.

rynochop

Reaction score
Hope everyone is out of there. This has,in terms of dollars, the worst natural disaster ever, written all over it.

Insurance companies must be freaking out.

I'm in the Beaumont area so it looks like we'll dodge this one. Good luck to everyone in LA.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Biggest storms ever I could find were Camille ('69), sustained winds of 190-195 (gusts 210-215) and Linda (a tad less than Camille). This has 180 sustained and getting worse before noon tomorrow.

Time to leave the area, anyone in the potential path! PLEASE don't make a stupid decision to ride this out, lived in FL for years, never lived through a cat 5 but had some cat 3s that scared the crap out of me.

Prayers are with you all. This is the BAD ONE!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Manster68 said:
I'm signing off folks.

I had to work last night so there is not going to be an Analysis like I love to do after each game.

I am currently in Gulfport, MS and will be heading east as far as I can on a trickling I-10 with my family.

I know there are several other posters here thatare in this area, so my prayers fo out to you too.

Long live the Cowboys!!!!!
Our prayers are with you. Get as far away as you can. This is really a worst-case scenario, and we'll all feel the pain next week when oil prices spike to $80/barrel.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Man, you guys considering staying and sticking this thing out need to reconsider. This is no joke. Asthma et al - get your butts to a safe place. This is for real! :eek:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Man, you guys considering staying and sticking this thing out need to reconsider. This is no joke. Asthma et al - get your butts to a safe place. This is for real! :eek:

True - this will be huge when its hits LA and NO.

Current pic of Kat and her path. Unreal...

kat.jpg

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas said:
True - this will be huge when its hits LA and NO.

Current pic of Kat and her path. Unreal...

kat.jpg

You're asking for a beating if you stay there. Get out while you can. It's sounding like it could get so bad that people won't go back for months!!!

That is bad.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Good luck and God Bless, Manster.

And the same to all of our other posters that live in the path of Katrina.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
"Tsunami-like devastation"

Seriously guys. Get out.

It's way too late to get out of town now. Only thing would be to try and find safer shelter. Conditions are worsening for us in the Pensacola, FL area and we are approximately 200 miles from where the storm eye is projected to go ashore.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
this is very dangerous im praying for all those in the area that they may survive this storm

Sifillest

Reaction score
be safe man....im currently hosing some family members just drove in from new orleans, so i pray for the whole general area...

roughneck266

Reaction score
Be safe folks! Myself and my family will have you all in our prayers tonight.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Well.... things are looking good, at least as good as they can be. The hurricane died to category 4 at the last minute and also veered further to the east which means New Orleans ain't on the NE side, which is the worst side to be on. It also sped up which means it will get through quickly. Speaking as someone who had to deal with a category 4 that sped up, you folks inland should be ready because it's going to do some serious damage to everything in the eye wall region at least 100 miles from the coast.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Manster68 said:
I'm signing off folks.

I had to work last night so there is not going to be an Analysis like I love to do after each game.

I am currently in Gulfport, MS and will be heading east as far as I can on a trickling I-10 with my family.

I know there are several other posters here thatare in this area, so my prayers fo out to you too.

Long live the Cowboys!!!!!

Get to a safe place fast Manster! God Bless