OT: Hypocrisy of sbk92

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
For those familiar with the falling out that occured back in the spring . . . you might enjoy this story.

I used to believe what sbk said . . . but what has happened illustrates that he is either a liar, or a hypocrite.

In either case . . . he has no credibility.

I used to post there as midswat. I had almost 3 thousand posts since their conception, which only illustrates that I was an active user/contributor.

Sbk and I have differing political views . . . and we got into a discussion. He got his feelings hurt, and PM'd me threatening to ban me for a ridiculous reason. A reason, mind you, that many moderators and virtually all users were guilty of.

I called him on it, and he dropped it . . .

A few weeks back . . . I started a Yahoo survival and pick'em league.

sbk signed up for both of them.

After our spat, he deleted his name, and got all pissy with me when I asked him why he did it. This was all done during PMs.

He then went on to start a DCC Pick 'Em league . . .

When a user asked him if it was the same as my league, he took pot shots at my league (much like he does this site). When I called him on it . . . we got into another little exchange of words. Again, he lied, and made things up. When I again called him on it, and told him I had PM's from both him and me to back my claims up . . . he banned me.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Americas_Poster said:
For those familiar with the falling out that occured back in the spring . . . you might enjoy this story.

I used to believe what sbk said . . . but what has happened illustrates that he is either a liar, or a hypocrite.

In either case . . . he has no credibility.

I used to post there as midswat. I had almost 3 thousand posts since their conception, which only illustrates that I was an active user/contributor.

Sbk and I have differing political views . . . and we got into a discussion. He got his feelings hurt, and PM'd me threatening to ban me for a ridiculous reason. A reason, mind you, that many moderators and virtually all users were guilty of.

I called him on it, and he dropped it . . .

A few weeks back . . . I started a Yahoo survival and pick'em league.

sbk signed up for both of them.

After our spat, he deleted his name, and got all pissy with me when I asked him why he did it. This was all done during PMs.

He then went on to start a DCC Pick 'Em league . . .

When a user asked him if it was the same as my league, he took pot shots at my league (much like he does this site). When I called him on it . . . we got into another little exchange of words. Again, he lied, and made things up. When I again called him on it, and told him I had PM's from both him and me to back my claims up . . . he banned me.

Welcome mid... er... Americas_Poster.

I must say I liked your Willie Blade sig over there.

I always enjoyed your points of view on the zone board (even though we didn't always agree) and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Oh crap ... I thought I left you behind!?! Does that mean you're gonna start posting here now? :confused:

Just giving ya crap - you know that. I don't get into the he said/she said crap - serves no purpose but if you are gonna be around, welcome aboard, kiddo ... and I'll personally kick your *** if you use that freaking avatar I hate - ha ha - worked with a guy that looked like that if you can believe that ... ugh! :eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I moved this to the Off Topic Zone. I hope you enjoy your time here this time.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The crew that left were generally good guys.
A few of them changed a great deal as they took on more of an internet personality. Guys that started out friendly and Cowboys-focussed grew more concerned with how they were viewed as internet superstars than anything else.

SBK was solid enough but was a bad influence on many who took his act and pushed it a bit further. Then we had problems. Folks had to be banned.

There are a great dela of mentally impaired folks in the world and when it was disallowe ditn elanguage filter to call someone a derogatory remark meanign mentally-impaired a big bruhaha insued. None of the folks who were strongly against the use of the word particularly cared much for the player it was used against but a few couldn't get past the QC debates long enough to see it was the overuse of the offensive term being outlawed.

One of the things I do is use my own name. I want to represent myself whether on the net or in person. I also want to meet poeple and them feel I am the same guy. Being some split personality internet poser is just weird. I dont think anyone who posts her being themselves will get banned. Its tryign to be some character that leads to trouble.

Good to see you back and you never shoulda left. :)
No one here threw down any guantlets about the other site. We welcome all good posters.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
I wasn't around TC.net too long before the falling out occured, but I knew sbk from another board. So when they started DCC, I naturally followed.

He explained everything that happened, and I believed him. And he went on to say that DCC was started so its posters wouldn't be treated the way he and others were at TC.net.

But lo and behold, he does the same thing to me that he accused others of doing to him.

He's a little kid, is all.

Sucks in a way, because I liked a lot of the posters over there.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Americas_Poster said:
I wasn't around TC.net too long before the falling out occured, but I knew sbk from another board. So when they started DCC, I naturally followed.

He explained everything that happened, and I believed him. And he went on to say that DCC was started so its posters wouldn't be treated the way he and others were at TC.net.

But lo and behold, he does the same thing to me that he accused others of doing to him.

He's a little kid, is all.

Sucks in a way, because I liked a lot of the posters over there.

So do I Mid... but truthfully I read the threads over there and they all started sounding the same after a while.

I certainly wouldn't mind booze, EZ22 and Bob Roberts coming back. I'm glad David came over. He's been a good addition to the board.

Kendo

Reaction score
The only thing that ever came to my mind when I read SBK's contributions to the old site was how concerned he was with being the so called KING :confused: of the board.

Good riddance if you ask me.

I think that message boards are for everyone to view and post equally, not a place for someone to exercise their inferiority complexes.

Just my 2 cents...... :cool:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
This is not the first time I have heard of this kind of thing from "Sam Kinnison Lite."

Sbk was the Sam Kinnison routine with none of Kinnison's intelligence...and zero wit.

I do believe, I probably got into it worse with sbk than anyone here...and those encounters probably precipitated the exodus of a group of members.

Whatever...

To a large degree, I think the problem was the Mods not "modding" him enough. ..and that sbk had one of the mods in his back pocket. The split with the mods became public, with one consistently breaking the board's posting policies in a show of solidarity with sbk.

Newer members coming on board saw the Kinnison Lite routine and figured it was ok to behave in that manner...and it turned the old board into one, that at times, I was embarrassed to be a part of.

NONE of that garbage goes on here. People express differing views.....often with an edge....and that's OK.

I am damn proud to be a member of this site. There are people here who are truly funny...very bright...knowledgeable...and then there's Winicki :) And the mods have done an absolutely great job.

In any case, welcome back...it's the best Cowboy site on the net.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Nice to have you here middie... get that familiar avatar working...

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Newer members coming on board saw the Kinnison Lite routine and figured it was ok to behave in that manner...and it turned the old board into one, that at times, I was embarrassed to be a part of.

NONE of that garbage goes on here. People express differing views.....often with an edge....and that's OK.

I am damn proud to be a member of this site. There are people here who are truly funny...very bright...knowledgeable...and then there's Winicki :) And the mods have done an absolutely great job.

In any case, welcome back...it's the best Cowboy site on the net.

Second that argument, sadly that board was turning into another DMN. I miss the old members but do appreciate the environment here more...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Reef Engineer said:
Don't make me have to open up a six-pack of Whup *** on you too! :p

you KNOW it gave you a sense of calm and reassurance...

ezm.jpg
Middie and his brother Maddie in happier times with EZ...​
It's no wonder why he is "Gawd's gift to wimmin"​

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
SBK a liar?

I'm shocked!!!

I think that someone from that site lied about me impostering Hostile. Anyways, I tried to post there and SBK and Booze were very rude. Dallas banned me because I used to flame him here and I believe someone from that site was responsible for spreading rumors and that is why I was banned from here as well.

I am convinced that Booze and SBK are two classless individuals. I liked EZ, but he was no help in getting me unbanned from that site. I must say that I did enjoy going in and out of SBK's circle - as did the other members.

Whatever though. That site sucks butt.

They do have the best poster to walk the land and that is LT, but it doesn't change the fact that their site sucks butt.

Good to have you back Midtwit. ;)

I wouldn't worry about the Midget.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Well, if they banned Ben, they can't be that unintelligent.

Everyone knows that the Board Queenofthedamned has some serious inferiority issues, leading to an abuse of power anytime he has any.

I do miss Booze's dry wit, but there are enough of his posts on the STD to get your fix of that humor.