OT: I need an opinon.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
In my opinion it is not a symbol of hate.

But in the opinion of the board, Is the Confederate flag a symbol of hate and slavery. People are trying to tell me not to be proud of my southern heritage.

Yes or no

MODS: Please dont move this to i get some response

AJM1613

Reaction score
The flag is a symbol of racism and hate. You should be proud of your American heritage, it doesn't mater if you are from the south or the north, you are still an American.

Reaction score
here's MY "opinon"...

you SERIOUSLY need to read the procedures thread to figure out how and WHERE to post your moronic "please notice me" threads!!

Mike 1967

Reaction score
TheKey said:

But in the opinion of the board, Is the Confederate flag a symbol of hate and slavery. People are trying to tell me not to be proud of my southern heritage.

Yes or no

MODS: Please dont move this to i get some response

Please reword your question...it is a bit confusing.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Ok any southeners want to chime in.

Figures someone from Filthy would say that.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
i do see it as a symbol of hate and disrespect... just like the **** flag a symbol of hate towards jewish people... this is just my opinion... but just because i disagree with your opinion of the confederate flag doesnt mean i hate you or anyone who bears a confederate flag.. and i cannot choose to hate someone because of a difference in opinion... were still all cowboy fans :D

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
The question is,

Is the Confederate flag a symbol of hate?

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Dallas is in the south.

It says OT!

Now go home and don't mess up my thread.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
I think everyone needs to relax and live a bit. I'm a minority and I think people are too uptight about the race issue. I don't have one bit of problem with the southern flag, i do however have a problem with people making everything black and white with race issues. I don't know what to think, this is my opinion and don't see nothing wrong with it.

supertitan17

Benched
Reaction score
I totally agree with AJM or whatever that eagles fan's name is

anybody that's still racist against black people need to realize that we're in a new millenium, and the only reason to hate them is out of jealousy, they are the superior ones now (at least in sports, and for me sports is life)

the only people that still wave the confederate flag are freaking trailer trash, just my opinion

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The flag is a symbol. Inherently symbols have different meanings to different people.

I am a white guy from the south. I loved the Dukes of Hazzard and still like Freebird and such. I also grit my teeth at the sight of the confederate flag. For me it is more a connection to a time of separatism than anything.

I honestly dont get the desire to flaunt it. I mean it was one of the worst butt whoopings in history. Why celebrate losses?? The North won and basically destroyed the South. If it makes me uncomfortable I can only imagine how it makes people of color feel.

There hasnt been any talk of a revamped confederacy because no one wants to revamp anything. They want to merely hark back and that to me is an insult to people who were not viewed as citizens at that time.

In the end I think you have to balance basic freedoms with common sense and allow individuals to display it if they see fit but not allow governments and schools to do so. A government has to represent all of its citizens and a school has to not alienate any of its students.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
TheKey said:

Seems to me the only time I ever see the Confederate flag it is owned by a red neck driving around in a pick up truck. Im sure not all people who dawn the flag are racist but there is a definate connection there.

Personally I think we need to move on as a country, we spend too much time being proud of our heritage at the expense of the today and the future. My heritage is Italian but I am an American. I think people hang onto their past heritages too much and in my opinion it becomes another barrier that divides people into groups and it is something we must overcome as American's.

twa

Reaction score
As a southerner I do not see it as a symbol of hate ,but then I also don't believe the civil war started over slavery.Before ya'll tear into me I do believe many people use the stars and bars to promote hate,but that does not make the flag a symbol of hate.Tiis is from some one who's ancester was a civil war doctor that was honored for helping not just the south ,but helped save many yankees lives both white and black.PS.HE was neither black or white.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
supertitan17 said:
I totally agree with AJM or whatever that eagles fan's name is

anybody that's still racist against black people need to realize that we're in a new millenium, and the only reason to hate them is out of jealousy, they are the superior ones now (at least in sports, and for me sports is life)

the only people that still wave the confederate flag are freaking trailer trash, just my opinion

No one is superior to anyone else. You obviously have some issues you need to get in order.