OT Jason Fox, do Cowboys know he has a irregular heartbeat?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
As some of you know, the cowboys looked at 2 OT's a few weeks ago with dez bryant, Jason Fox was one of those players.

Jason Fox, Miami
Height: 6-6. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2010): 2-4.
1/18/10: There's a lot of concern here. First, Jason Fox just had knee surgery. Second, he missed the final game of the regular season with an irregular heartbeat. Teams may shy away from this suddenly risky prospect.

10/24/09: Anchoring upstart Miami's offensive line. Projects as a left tackle.

2/9/09: Missed some time with a leg injury as a junior.

7/27/08: An athletic left tackle who has been a starter for Miami ever since he arrived on campus

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone knows, yeah. It's going to hurt his stock for sure.

The Realist

Reaction score
What are the odds that you and some internet scout know but the Cowboys don't?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Had no idea, he may actually fall to us in the 2nd now.

If so I say take him, he is a GREAT player worth the risk.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
The Realist;3260476 said:
What are the odds that you and some internet scout know but the Cowboys don't?

I figured they knew, but just was double checking.

The Realist

Reaction score
He's from Ft. Worth and we need OL.

They will do their due dilligence.

Good player.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3260490 said:

Irregular heartbeat just scares me, remember the QB I think his name was Joey Harrington, he had a irregular heartbeat too.

Just didnt want the cowboys to waste their draft pick for a player that may not be in the NFL very long.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3260497 said:
Irregular heartbeat just scares me, remember the QB I think his name was Joey Harrington, he had a irregular heartbeat too.

Just didnt want the cowboys to waste their draft pick for a player that may not be in the NFL very long.

Worth the risk King Joe. A LATE 2nd round pick for someone who has elite prospect talent

Fox could become an elite tackle, how many players have irregular heartbeats? more than likely quite a decent sum. It effects a small portion of those with it in a negative way.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3260490 said:

No thanks. He's not worth a 2nd round pick.

eightysiX

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3260504 said:
Worth the risk King Joe. A LATE 2nd round pick for someone who has elite prospect talent

Fox could become an elite tackle, how many players have irregular heartbeats? more than likely quite a decent sum. It effects a small portion of those with it in a negative way.

actually i dont think there are many players with that issue. Some of the ones that do, have had problems early in their careers. Didn't Gaines Adams RIP just pass from a heart problem?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
eightysiX;3260532 said:
actually i dont think there are many players with that issue. Some of the ones that do, have had problems early in their careers. Didn't Gaines Adams RIP just pass from a heart problem?

There may be some that just we don't know about because its not a problem.

Fox is just one of those players that have it.

ncf_g_fox_400.jpg

I'll take a Fox/Iupati/Gurode/Davis/Free line any day of the week. Ya'll want a dominate running game, with that line you'll be getting 6+Yards a carry. Short yardage situations won't be obvious run behind Leonard, we got a choice Leonard or Iupati, want a screen? Free and Fox have some athleticism

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Joe_Fan;3260519 said:
No thanks. He's not worth a 2nd round pick.

His stock is dropping like a dress on prom night.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3260554 said:
Yes, they do know.

thanks hostile, i figured they did, but its always better to me to ask and know then be sorry later for not asking and getting the word out there;

see the part that scared me, the cowboys looked at jason fox about a month ago, knowing like you said about his heart condition, that to me is scary if your willing to take a player that early in the draft

im sure you all remember when we drafted jacob rogers and the scouts told parcells NO, dont do it;

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3260689 said:
thanks hostile, i figured they did, but its always better to me to ask and know then be sorry later for not asking and getting the word out there;

see the part that scared me, the cowboys looked at jason fox about a month ago, knowing like you said about his heart condition, that to me is scary if your willing to take a player that early in the draft

im sure you all remember when we drafted jacob rogers and the scouts told parcells NO, dont do it;
He will be one of the most scrutinized OTs at the Combine because of the irregular heartbeat. To my knowledge that was a one game thing. Fear on the part of teams could make him a 4th round steal.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3260705 said:
He will be one of the most scrutinized OTs at the Combine because of the irregular heartbeat. To my knowledge that was a one game thing. Fear on the part of teams could make him a 4th round steal.

cool, so he isnt having an irregular heart beat now hostile? cool, he could be a steal in the 4th round like when we got doug free a few years back if you remember doug free was coming off of a foot fracture, so he fell some in the draft too and his small college experience

thanks for info hostile