OT: Made it to Houston

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Greetings All,

I have been here since Saturday and I am still getting settled in. It has been great so far but I don’t start working until tomorrow. :).

The funniest and scariest thing happened yesterday. I live in a "so called" upscale apartment complex but I still manage to have a crackhead encounter of the thirdkind. One of my friends put it best, he said that, “out of all the things that could happen and out of all of the people it could have happened too I am not surprise it happened to you”. I am still trying to figure out what he meant by his statement, lol. We have known each other for years and we both have had some of the best of fortune and some of the worst luck in the world.

Anyway back to the story. I was walking into my bedroom and I thought I saw someone pass by the blinds of my window. And upon further investigation I saw someone close the door to my storage from the inside. So I started beating on the wall adjacent to the storage and immediately rush to the patio door. Apparently this guy was living in my outside storage on the balcony since the place was vacant. Some one must have been praying for me because in my haste to get the patio door open I didn't notice it had a door bar and I dam near tore the door out the frame trying to get to him. Needless to say the guy was scared shatless and my heart rate went up too. I recall yelling at the guy "you stay your arse right there!" as I tried to slide the door open. He didn't stick around and true to form he bolted like a stuck pig, proving yet again it is impossible to catch a crackhead. I am just glad that is all that came out of it because if I was able to get out the door one of us would got the short end of it because I was pretty p’ed off. Also, I am glad the wife and kid hadn’t made it here yet because I would have gone through the glass to get his arse.

All this commotion happened at dusk yesterday and the office was closed. Today maintenance cleaned out his bed, clothes, and fumigated it. I had to file a police report and the apartment complex rent-a-cop said he will get to the bottom of it. :rolleyes: but I somehow doubt it. I am pretty sure he won’t be back here but I suspect that he took up residence in another storage somewhere in the huge complex.

PS, for some strange reason the first person I thought about was Trick saying, "That wouldn't have happened in Tyler", lol. Anyway, I thought I share that tidbit ya’ll take care I still got some other stuff to do.

Go Cowboyz!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adbutcher said:
Greetings All,

I have been here since Saturday and I am still getting settled in. It has been great so far but I don’t start working until tomorrow. :).

The funniest and scariest thing happened yesterday. I live in a "so called" upscale apartment complex but I still manage to have a crackhead encounter of the thirdkind. One of my friends put it best, he said that, “out of all the things that could happen and out of all of the people it could have happened too I am not surprise it happened to you”. I am still trying to figure out what he meant by his statement, lol. We have known each other for years and we both have had some of the best of fortune and some of the worst luck in the world.

Anyway back to the story. I was walking into my bedroom and I thought I saw someone pass by the blinds of my window. And upon further investigation I saw someone close the door to my storage from the inside. So I started beating on the wall adjacent to the storage and immediately rush to the patio door. Apparently this guy was living in my outside storage on the balcony since the place was vacant. Some one must have been praying for me because in my haste to get the patio door open I didn't notice it had a door bar and I dam near tore the door out the frame trying to get to him. Needless to say the guy was scared shatless and my heart rate went up too. I recall yelling at the guy "you stay your arse right there!" as I tried to slide the door open. He didn't stick around and true to form he bolted like a stuck pig, proving yet again it is impossible to catch a crackhead. I am just glad that is all that came out of it because if I was able to get out the door one of us would got the short end of it because I was pretty p’ed off. Also, I am glad the wife and kid hadn’t made it here yet because I would have gone through the glass to get his arse.

All this commotion happened at dusk yesterday and the office was closed. Today maintenance cleaned out his bed, clothes, and fumigated it. I had to file a police report and the apartment complex rent-a-cop said he will get to the bottom of it. :rolleyes: but I somehow doubt it. I am pretty sure he won’t be back here but I suspect that he took up residence in another storage somewhere in the huge complex.

PS, for some strange reason the first person I thought about was Trick saying, "That wouldn't have happened in Tyler", lol. Anyway, I thought I share that tidbit ya’ll take care I still got some other stuff to do.

Go Cowboyz!

I could just picture that guy running after seeing a big guy like yourself yelling at him lol.

Glad you got moved and I hope that the incident will be a one time thing.
It is funny to think about but scary when considering the wife and child will be there.

k19

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're getting settled in. Sorry to hear you had to evict the previous tennant :lmao: and I'm glad to hear you are ok.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
adbutcher said:

Go Cowboyz!

I am rolling on the floor laughing because that is EXACTLY what I was gonna reply before I got to the end of your post...

Sunday will be MY last day in Tyler... I'll turn out the lights when I leave...

Glad you're safe, my friend...

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I am rolling on the floor laughing because that is EXACTLY what I was gonna reply before I got to the end of your post...

Glad your safe, my friend...

My family just put a contract offer on 230 acres in Tyler. Why are ya'll leaving? Is it not good out there?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
k19 said:
Glad to hear you're getting settled in. Sorry to hear you had to evict the previous tennant :lmao: and I'm glad to hear you are ok.
You're on a roll today Vin. I luv it...

~snicker~ Previous tenant...:D

BTW, glad you made it town safely AD. Sorry, you couldn't have had a better welcoming committee than a crackhead. But, we do our best around here, so I guess that's all we could afford...:lmao:

k19

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
You're on a roll today Vin. I luv it...

~snicker~ Previous tenant...:D

BTW, glad you made it town safely AD. Sorry, you couldn't have had a better welcoming committee than a crackhead. But, we do our best around here, so I guess that's all we could afford...:lmao:

Its just one of those days ya know. After seeing Ad's pic and getting a mental image of him almost ripping the door off I'm sure the poor guy probably peed himself, not that anyone would notice ;)

Should have told Barny Fife to just follow the yellow trail to the perpetraitor

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Welcome to Houston sorry your 1st day went bad

I live on the 290 and Beltway 8 area myself Cy-fair I hope you did not move into the Houston Idependt School District area they really suck.

If you need to know any tips on where to eat out just ask the H-Town crew will help you out :cool:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Welcome to Houston sorry your 1st day went bad

I live on the 290 and Beltway 8 area myself Cy-fair I hope you did not move into the Houston Idependt School District area they really suck.

If you need to know any tips on where to eat out just ask the H-Town crew will help you out :cool:
Any tips on how to avoid the traffic?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Any tips on how to avoid the traffic?

Sure it depends on the area I know some nice back roads :D

Or do like me I live in Houston and work in the Woodlands I am am always moving the oppiste direction of the traffic

trickblue

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
My family just put a contract offer on 230 acres in Tyler. Why are ya'll leaving? Is it not good out there?

Oh it's great in Tyler... I work in Atlanta, TX and my gf... now wife... lives in Tyler... so we are moving her...

I bought a few acres and am currently building a new home...

and yes... the front door will have an etched star... :D

20041104-01-Lone_Star_Door-small.JPG

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Sure it depends on the area I know some nice back roads :D

Or do like me I live in Houston and work in the Woodlands I am am always moving the oppiste direction of the traffic
The company I work for has an apartment community in The Woodlands. When I am there I usually just use the tollways unless I don't have any cash on me.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Oh it's great in Tyler... I work in Atlanta, TX and my gf... now wife... lives in Tyler... so we are moving her...

That's a cool door. I wonder if I can get one of those here?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
trickblue said:

Trick you have it bad right next to AK and LA border and if you spit hard enough you can almost hit OK

trickblue

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Trick you have it bad right next to AK and LA border and if you spit hard enough you can almost hit OK

I know... in a 15 minute period I can buy beer in three states... :D

trickblue

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
That's a cool door. I wonder if I can get one of those here?

Yep... several companies make them...

I was trying to talk my sig other into letting me special order the outline in cobalt blue... that didn't work out real well for me... :D

I'll be happy with what I got...

k19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adbutcher

Go Cowboyz!

not Tyler but I bet that kind of thing happened all the time in Rusk back in the day :D

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I could just picture that guy running after seeing a big guy like yourself yelling at him lol.

Glad you got moved and I hope that the incident will be a one time thing.
It is funny to think about but scary when considering the wife and child will be there.
Thanks, definitely a funny after the fact moment, lol.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
trickblue said:

Glad you're safe, my friend...
Yea I know. :) Eventhough when I was in T-town the crazies were in rare form.