OT Mitch Hyatt anyone?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The future of the right tackle position is definitely up in the air at this point.

La'el Collins is entering the final year of his contract and currently carries the seventh highest cap number on the team at $9.925M.

LC's had some good and bad moments at RT, but how can coaches and front office personnel properly evaluate him after the disastrous decision to hire Paul Alexander last year? The entire OL regressed badly trying to learn new techniques the first half of last season before Alexander was let go with the campaign on the brink.

Do they want Collins long term or is the plan to let him walk next year as a free agent and maybe get a conditional pick for him in 2021?

Beyond RT, Dallas also needs to address swing tackle with Cameron Fleming a free agent.

Phlegm isn't pretty, but the Cowboys went 3-0 when he started for Tyron Smith, which was a far cry from what we saw when the Trojan missed time in 2017.

I want to draft an OT, but I really prefer having a veteran handling swing tackle versus trusting a rookie.

The team doesn't always carry 4 OTs, but I hope it will be the case now.

I didn't watch Parnell
I always liked Parnell. Very good run blocker and a perfect swing guy or replacement for Collins next year

Parnell also played LT when he was here which I don't think La'el could do if Tyron missed significant time.