Reaction score
He made one of the funniest sports quotes ever:

"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out" :D

RIP

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Here's the story

Rodney Dangerfield dead at 82
Tuesday, October 5, 2004 Posted: 8:43 PM EDT (0043 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Rodney Dangerfield, the bug-eyed comic whose self-deprecating one-liners brought him stardom in clubs, television and movies and made his lament "I don't get no respect" a catchphrase, died Tuesday. He was 82.

Dangerfield, who fell into a coma after undergoing heart surgery, died at 1:20 p.m., said publicist Kevin Sasaki. Dangerfield had a heart valve replaced August 25 at the University of California, Los Angeles, Medical Center.

Sasaki said in a statement that Dangerfield suffered a small stroke after the operation and developed infectious and abdominal complications. But in the past week he had emerged from the coma, the publicist said.

Clad in a black suit, red tie and white shirt with collar that seemed too tight, Dangerfield convulsed audiences with lines such as: "When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother," "When I started in show business, I played one club that was so far out my act was reviewed in Field and Stream," and "Every time I get in an elevator, the operator says the same thing to me: 'Basement?"'

In a 1986 interview, he explained the origin of his "respect" trademark:

"I had this joke: 'I played hide and seek; they wouldn't even look for me.' To make it work better, you look for something to put in front of it: I was so poor, I was so dumb, so this, so that. I thought, 'Now what fits that joke?' Well, 'No one liked me' was all right. But then I thought, a more profound thing would be, 'I get no respect."'

Dangerfield is survived by his wife, Joan, and two children from a previous marriage.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I hate to hear this... he was one of my all-time favorites...

I was fortunate enough to see him live... he was a master at dealing with hecklers...

My favorite Rodney line... I was at one of his concerts... someone from the audience yells out "Hey Rodney... how is your sex life"... Rodney responded... "My sex life... geez... it's like shooting pool with a rope"....

He paved the way for a lot of comics... RIP Rodney... you will be missed...

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
RIP Rodney, very funny guy and will be greatly missed. :(

john

Reaction score
"With a hat like that you oughta get a free bowl of soup!"

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
How sad... he was so funny. RIP Rodney... now you'll have respect...

"Last night I came home, I walked in the house, I picked up the extension. My wife was having phone sex with some guy. I told the guy, "Don't let her fool you, she's faking it."

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/rip.gif

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
"I took my wife out for our anniversary. I toasted her and said, here's to the best woman a man ever had. The waiter joined me."

The guy was pure genius. Sad day.

trickblue

Reaction score
Hostile said:
"I took my wife out for our anniversary. I toasted her and said, here's to the best woman a man ever had. The waiter joined me."

The guy was pure genius. Sad day.

I bought a used car... my wife's dress was in the back seat...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
I tell ya, my wife was never nice. On our first date, I asked her if I could give her a goodnight kiss on the cheek - she bent over!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I bought a used car... my wife's dress was in the back seat...
"My wife said she wanted to have sex in the back seat. That was okay, but she wanted me to drive."

trickblue

Reaction score
My kid was giving me a hard time... I told him some day he would have kids of his own...

He said "So will you"....

We need a good rim shot image here... lol

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
"Some dog I got too. We call him Egypt. Because in every room he leaves a pyramid."

trickblue

Reaction score
"I had a blind date once... she showed up pregnant... she told me her and her boyfriend had gotten in a fight... I told her next time to have him knock her DOWN"...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Oh, my wife loves vacations. The other night she told me, "I wanna go someplace I've never been before." I took her to a men's room.

Oh, last week was a rough week. I noticed my gums were shrinking. I was brushing my teeth with Preparation H.

I'm getting old. I got no sex life. I get tired just holding up the magazine. At my age, I like to get sex over quickly. Then I can get to the nap.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
"Yeah, I know I'm ugly...I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it.

trickblue

Reaction score
I met a blind date in a bar one time... I walked up to her and said... "Are you Gina?"....

She said "Are you Rodney?" I said "Yes"... she said... "I'm not Gina"....

Genius...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
I know the best way to get girls. I hang out at prisons and wait for parolees.

What a childhood I had, why, when I took my first step, my old man tripped me!

when I go to a nude beach, I always take a ruler with me. Yeah, just in case I have to prove something.