OT: Three Texas Starters May Miss Rose Bowl Pending Investigation

BigWillie

Reaction score
Wow....that's all I'm going to say...

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=152037

Several football players from The University of Texas are being investigated by the Austin Police Department for robbery by assault, according to sources close to the investigation.

The investigation stems from two incidents on Sept. 4 and December 10.

The two incidents involve robbery by assault. Sources tell us that the victims are telling police they were downtown when they were beaten up and robbed of their money.

There have been no arrests and no indictments in the investigations, but the cases have been turned over to the district attorney's office for further review.

At least three of the players may be starters for the Longhorn team, sources say.

Two of the players RUMORED (I can't stress that enough) to be involved are Cedric Griffin and Ramonce Taylor.

Not a good weekend for UT fans. First their biggest recruit for next year Sergio Kindle trips to USC, now this. WOW!

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Yikes. what a way to lose the championship. I hope its not true. But you never know now adays.

jimmy40

Reaction score
BigWillie said:

Two of the players RUMORED (I can't stress that enough) to be involved are Cedric Griffin and Ramonce Taylor.

Not a good weekend for UT fans. First their biggest recruit for next year Sergio Kindle trips to USC, now this. WOW!
It's cold in Dallas, nothing like a free trip to LA. Kindle will be in class IN AUSTIN next semester.

jimmy40

Reaction score
BigWillie said:

Wow, an incident on Sept. 4th coming out two weeks before the Rose Bowl. Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

BigWillie

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Wow, an incident on Sept. 4th coming out two weeks before the Rose Bowl. Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

You make it seem like I am an SC fan?

I hope it isn't true, because I certainly hope you pound the snot out of those arrogant Trojans.

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

Actually it shows two dates, the 4th of September and the 10th of December. What strikes me is IF it is true, what were these idiots thinking about? They have their entire life ahead of them and pull a stupid stunt like that? Kinda makes the discussion on character apropos.

Jon

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
sounds like a lot of speculation and bru ha ha to me.

still...not what UT needs. hopefully it's nothing.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Good Grief!!!!! that's terrible news.......Hoping for the best

TEK2000

Reaction score
BigWillie said:
You make it seem like I am an SC fan?

I hope it isn't true, because I certainly hope you pound the snot out of those arrogant Trojans.

I doubt he was directing any negativity towards you.

I'm like him... WOW.. interesting that they happen to bring all of this up NOW when it happened months ago. These small time TV stations and such just have to put things out there to get attention to their station.

TEK2000

Reaction score
MTRS-Jon said:
Actually it shows two dates, the 4th of September and the 10th of December. What strikes me is IF it is true, what were these idiots thinking about? They have their entire life ahead of them and pull a stupid stunt like that? Kinda makes the discussion on character apropos.

Jon

The question remains... if these incidents happened Sept. 4th and December 10th. Its been 6 days since the last incident... did the "victims" just happen to report this 6 days after it happened? If so... I'm calling BS!

Yes.. I'm usually a skeptic.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Don't worry Mack Brown will pull a Tom Osbourne and allow them to play unless they are in jail :D

TEK2000

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Don't worry Mack Brown will pull a Tom Osbourne and allow them to play unless they are in jail :D

So they should be kicked off the team for simply being ACCUSED of wrongdoing?

TEK2000

Reaction score
Has anyone found any other news source reporting this?

I haven't found any yet.

Shawn9

Reaction score
Oh Yay great
so if UT loses we can hear Mack whine with a lame excuse

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
So they should be kicked off the team for simply being ACCUSED of wrongdoing?
The smilie means it was sarcasm...chill out....I could care less if three UT players are kicked off the team.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
The question remains... if these incidents happened Sept. 4th and December 10th. Its been 6 days since the last incident... did the "victims" just happen to report this 6 days after it happened? If so... I'm calling BS!

Yes.. I'm usually a skeptic.
Maybe the 2nd victims recognized or picked em out, where the first ictim could not, but gave the same general discription. I dont know. But the fact they did it twice would mean more likey, only 2 victims have come forward so far. Doubtful they got enough money to last from Sept to Dec in the first haul.

Wow is all I can say either way. I hope its just a mistaken identity. I am dubious though. You dont go public with this kind of charge against local celebrities, without being pretty sure.

Why would you do that in your own city, if your a prominant member of the longhorns? Thats pretty dumb, like the mayor trying to do a hold up a store in his own city or Bledsoe doing that in dallas or something. Idiotic.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
What excuse did he use the last time they lost?

Well, the first 4 times they lost to OU, he blamed others, then the 5th time he finnaly realized and admitted the truth, that he is blubbering idiot who blows it in big games.