OT: Three Texas Starters May Miss Rose Bowl Pending Investigation

Shawn9

Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
What excuse did he use the last time they lost?
Hmmmm When he lost to OU
Last year he cried saying the deserved to go to the Rose Bowl over Cal
Then his whining rubbed off onto Vince

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
The question remains... if these incidents happened Sept. 4th and December 10th. Its been 6 days since the last incident... did the "victims" just happen to report this 6 days after it happened? If so... I'm calling BS!

Yes.. I'm usually a skeptic.

I understand what you are saying and it very well could be a small town station trying to secure some ratings. It could also be that it took the local law enforcement 4 or 5 days to build a case that would impress a Grand Jury enough to indict. Since it is all hearsay at this juncture, it really doesn’t matter which is the case. If and I stress the “if” they are indeed guilty of both crimes then I have to wonder at the sheer stupidity of the men involved.

Jon

TEK2000

Reaction score
MTRS-Jon said:
I understand what you are saying and it very well could be a small town station trying to secure some ratings. It could also be that it took the local law enforcement 4 or 5 days to build a case that would impress a Grand Jury enough to indict. Since it is all hearsay at this juncture, it really doesn’t matter which is the case. If and I stress the “if” they are indeed guilty of both crimes then I have to wonder at the sheer stupidity of the men involved.

Jon

That's a good point... and yes, if they are found guilty and actually did it... complete idiots. BUT.. we've all seen these things happen before.. and we, law abiding citizens, find ourselves wondering what in the heck they were thinking.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Shawn9 said:
Hmmmm When he lost to OU

What excuse did Mack Brown say when he lost to OU and what year because they have been alot of losses to OU?

Every coach in America is always promoting and hyping up their team. From the sound of it, I would think the Longhorns had no business in the Rose Bowl and were blown out.

They had 1 loss and Cal had 1 loss and Mack knew Cal probably had the edge because they were in the Pac-10 so he felt he had to do a little self-promoting to gain an edge.

- Mike G.

TEK2000

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Every coach in America is always promoting and hyping up their team. From the sound of it, I would think the Longhorns had no business in the Rose Bowl and were blown out.

They beat Michigan last year in the Rose Bowl.... blown out?

BigWillie

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Don't worry Mack Brown will pull a Tom Osbourne and allow them to play unless they are in jail :D

So he's going to suspend them 6 games first?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
They beat Michigan last year in the Rose Bowl.... blown out?

Calm down :)

Re-read my post...that is why I said "From the sound of it", which means basically, from the sound of all the people in this thread saying Mack whined and dined the Rose Bowl Committee you would think Texas had no business in the Rose Bowl and got blown out.

- Mike G.

TEK2000

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Calm down :)

Re-read my post...that is why I said "From the sound of it", which means basically, from the sound of all the people in this thread saying Mack whined and dined the Rose Bowl Committee you would think Texas had no business in the Rose Bowl and got blown out.

- Mike G.

I wasn't trying to jump your case.. I was trying to either 1)correct your assumption (if you didnt know the game outcome) or 2) get clarification on what exactly you were saying.

And I got the latter. :)
Sorry.. didn't quit catch what you were implying.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
I wasn't trying to jump your case.. I was trying to either 1)correct your assumption (if you didnt know the game outcome) or 2) get clarification on what exactly you were saying.

And I got the latter. :)
Sorry.. didn't quit catch what you were implying.

Cool.

Sometimes my fingers have a hard time explaining what mind is thinking.

Dont worry about people saying Texas was going to get blowed out and now have an excuse. The Longhorns have just as many future pros as USC has, maybe even more. These guys are from the Lone Star State, where football is a religion, there will be nothing USC players can show them that they have not seen before.

- Mike G.

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Cool.

Sometimes my fingers have a hard time explaining what mind is thinking.- Mike G.

Good Lord dont we all.. :)

Sometimes, I can't get my brain to understand what my mind is thinking. LOL

Jon

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
Ronnie Earle Grand jury at work again ????
Huh?
This was at the police dept level. No charges have been filed by a DA.

Then again if those kids were making as much money as some of the folks Earle indicts I am sure they are guilty of some sort of robbery.

joseephuss

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Nice work MacDumb***, way to run the team like your mentor Barry Switzer :rolleyes:

Yep, none of Coach Frans boys have had any incidents at A&M. :D

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Nice work MacDumb***, way to run the team like your mentor Barry Switzer :rolleyes:
Nothing like an aggie to open his mouth and make all Longhorns thank God they're not aggies. Thanks.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Shawn9 said:

Then Cal went to the Holiday Bowl and proved him right. Anything else?

calico

Reaction score
Shawn9 said:
Hmmmm When he lost to OU

If people would have stopped *****ing and crying, they would have done the numbers and realized that Texas would have passed Cal anyway. Their strength of schedule would have pushed them by even if the voters had not changed their votes after Cal's horrible game against a terrible team.