Signed by Cowboys OT Ty Nsekhe Signed by Cowboys

John813

Reaction score
Yep. And for the past two years I've been impressed with Brandon Knight. Like I said above, these guys started for the Cowboys down the stretch....now with a training camp I'm suppose to believe Brandon Knight isn't good as a 35 year old journeyman?

Not to mention Knight got a trial by fire at LT, as he never played it in college.

I thought he was alright, all things considered. Some decent games and some bad games but as expected for a 2nd year UDFA offensive tackle.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
None of our tackles did enough last year to snag that spot up? They were good enough I guess to start for Collins and La'El but not good enough I guess to be swing tackle.....

Gotta admit, don't see this being an upgrade to Knight or Steele....at least not an upgrade worth spending any $$$$ on.

817Gill

Reaction score
HW:

“At 35 years old, Nsekhe is definitely nearing the end of his utility in the NFL, but given the lack of wear and tear on his body compared to the typical 35-year-old offensive tackle (only 1,700 career snaps), he should still have enough in the tank for another couple years.

Over the last two seasons, Nsekhe has been the swing tackle for the Buffalo Bills, where he does his job well. Nsekhe didn’t get a ton of opportunities to see the field in 2020, however, in Week 15 against the Denver Broncos with Buffalo’s starting right tackle Daryl Williams injured, Nsekhe was able to play 30 snaps and show that he’s still one of the best swing tackles in the NFL. The drop off from Williams to Nsekhe was nonexistent, as Nsekhe proved to be very effective in filling in at the right tackle position.”

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gotta admit, don't see this being an upgrade to Knight or Steele....at least not an upgrade worth spending any $$$$ on.
Exactly the way I put it. He may be a fine player but I don't understand it. Or the timing. This should've been your last signing going into the regular season.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Isn't that what you want in a swing tackle? A potential starter? Especially with Tyron's history?
Potential OT starters make a **** ton Of $ in free agency.

He may not be a starter but he’s better than Knight/Steele, although I do like those two young guys future potential.

I thought they might just use Knight as the swing but I guess they wanted some more security at OT.

DRella

Reaction score
Its a cheap one year deal that is a great sign. We are talking about a 36 year old that doesnt have alot of mileage on his body having never started. But when hes filled in he has been reliable. The Cowboys plugged a hole of need and with the reps players like Steele and Knight got last season we are in good shape. He's a definite upgrade on Fleming. He probably took a discounted deal to retire a Cowboy being from Texas.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not to mention Knight got a trial by fire at LT, as he never played it in college.

I thought he was alright, all things considered. Some decent games and some bad games but as expected for a 2nd year UDFA offensive tackle.
Exactly. All I'm saying is under the circumstances Steele and Knight are probably better than they should be knowing how they've been developed. Knight is playing a new position and Steele just got thrown into a starting spot out of nowhere. You don't have much to take away from last season that was positive but I thought for the most part you got decent play down the stretch from your young linemen. To replace them with a guy like this is insulting it seems.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
This guy will be cut before the 53 IMO.

Only a one year deal so not too concerned.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
HW:

“At 35 years old, Nsekhe is definitely nearing the end of his utility in the NFL, but given the lack of wear and tear on his body compared to the typical 35-year-old offensive tackle (only 1,700 career snaps), he should still have enough in the tank for another couple years.

Over the last two seasons, Nsekhe has been the swing tackle for the Buffalo Bills, where he does his job well. Nsekhe didn’t get a ton of opportunities to see the field in 2020, however, in Week 15 against the Denver Broncos with Buffalo’s starting right tackle Daryl Williams injured, Nsekhe was able to play 30 snaps and show that he’s still one of the best swing tackles in the NFL. The drop off from Williams to Nsekhe was nonexistent, as Nsekhe proved to be very effective in filling in at the right tackle position.”
He played well for the injured Trent Williams prior to going to the Bills.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yep. And for the past two years I've been impressed with Brandon Knight. Like I said above, these guys started for the Cowboys down the stretch....now with a training camp I'm suppose to believe Brandon Knight isn't good as a 35 year old journeyman?

Yes, Brandon Knight is not as good.