Video: OTA LIVE: :Focusing on La'el Collins & Rookies

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Noticed Weems a lot lately. He may not be out the picture as the swing tackle.

I believe he has a good chance of being kept since we're likely to retain nine linemen: Smith, Collins, Frederick, Martin, Free, Weems, Leary, Bernadeau and Green.

Gibson could change the picture, but I'm not counting on a late-round lineman to be able to do much at this point. Maybe after year on the practice squad, he can make it to the point where he can knock off Weems, or be elevated to a backup spot if Free ends up needing replacing or being replaced by a backup.

I can see a few scenarios where Dallas keeps eight linemen, but I don't think any of them are likely.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think Hardy will give dallas a little help financially due to their willingness to give him a chance. Players remember that. I could be wrong however, money does talk.

I do think Seattle and NYG SB teams both proved that having a healthy rotation of pass rushers is essential. Hardy+Lawrence+Gregory+ Mincey all staying and rotating will be fun to watch.

I doubt Hardy will take less than he feels he's worth, but I think Dallas will be in a better position to give it to him and more willing to do it than the Cowboys were with Murray for various reasons.

But it probably will depend on the play of Lawrence and Gregory.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
OK, let me rephrase: we will keep hardy if he doesn't take us to the woodshed for money. If we can retain him for a fair price then I'd love to have him. Do I think that'll happen? No. I think Hardy is going to be playing with such a chip on his shoulder he will make every other DE look silly. Because of this he will want top dollar next year and I don't think the cowboys will feel inclined to give it to him with Tank and Gregory already here.

I knew what you meant I didn't feel the need to say it I'm not arguing with you because I agree. I think Dallas will get creative with the monetary gig and a championship dangling in front of him should help. Longshot? Maybe, but I think Hardy is an athlete that actually wants one. Go figure.

dfense

Reaction score
That's all nice and informative but, I want to know who is the girl the camera swings by after the initial commentary? woot woot

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe he has a good chance of being kept since we're likely to retain nine linemen: Smith, Collins, Frederick, Martin, Free, Weems, Leary, Bernadeau and Green.

Gibson could change the picture, but I'm not counting on a late-round lineman to be able to do much at this point. Maybe after year on the practice squad, he can make it to the point where he can knock off Weems, or be elevated to a backup spot if Free ends up needing replacing or being replaced by a backup.

I can see a few scenarios where Dallas keeps eight linemen, but I don't think any of them are likely.

They've kept 10 more often than 8.