Other NFC Teams' First Day Grades?

links18

Reaction score
E-Girls: Pick up a tackle and an explosive returner, plus an extra #1 next year.
Deadskins: 2 receivers and a TE?
Giants: Safety and I don't know who else?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
links18;2055896 said:
E-Girls: Pick up a tackle and an explosive returner, plus an extra #1 next year.
Deadskins: 2 receivers and a TE?
Giants: Safety and I don't know who else?

Eagles as usual made out well

I hate to admit it but I think the Skins did really well even if you don't see a return on their investment for 2 years

The Giants got a Big F!! I will love watching them cuss Phillips up and down every time he gets toasted and then hey draft a CB that projects to safety in the 2nd.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I think all three teams did a solid job. The NFC East will again be the toughest division in football in 2008

elcocinero

Reaction score
Eagle - I liked the Eagles trade but they didnt get anybody to help them this year. DeSean Jackson needs to put on about 20 lbs. C+

Commanders - They got good value with Devin Thomas, but Malcolm Kelly was a little overkill. It will be interesting to see if they can get Cooley and Fred Davis on the field at the same time. B-

Giants - Kenny Phillips should come in and start for the Giants, but he is not dynamic. Not sure the other CB they drafted. C

CowboyChris

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2055906 said:
Eagles as usual made out well

I hate to admit it but I think the Skins did really well even if you don't see a return on their investment for 2 years

The Giants got a Big F!! I will love watching them cuss Phillips up and down every time he gets toasted and then hey draft a CB that projects to safety in the 2nd.

i disagree, the skins have moss, are, and cooley, so what did they do? they took 2 wr and a te. i think they blew bigtime

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
elcocinero;2055920 said:
Eagle - I liked the Eagles trade but they didnt get anybody to help them this year. DeSean Jackson needs to put on about 20 lbs. C+

Commanders - They got good value with Devin Thomas, but Malcolm Kelly was a little overkill. It will be interesting to see if they can get Cooley and Fred Davis on the field at the same time. B-

Giants - Kenny Phillips should come in and start for the Giants, but he is not dynamic. Not sure the other CB they drafted. C

the eagles have a 3 and 4 4's tomorrow.

I would love for them to want to deal with us for that first 4th rounder and maybe get three picks out of that one.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyChris;2055931 said:
i disagree, the skins have moss, are, and cooley, so what did they do? they took 2 wr and a te. i think they blew bigtime

You do realize they are switching to a WCO under their new HC?

I think if Kelly can stay healthy (his knees are a legit concern) this draft could be very good for them.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
I think all the NFC East teams did well. I really wanted Dallas to draft Phillips or Kelly or Jackson and each team got one of them. As for grading:

-Eagles: Did well, but Jackson will take some time so... C+
-Skins: Too many WR and not addressing the OL... C
-Giants: addressed their needs with a S and CB ...B

CowboyChris

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2055957 said:

I think if Kelly can stay healthy (his knees are a legit concern) this draft could be very good for them.

does that mean Moss will be phased out along with Cooley and Randall El?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyChris;2055967 said:
does that mean Moss will be phased out along with Cooley and Randall El?

How many TDs did their WR corp catch last year? Just curious.

Update

Santana Moss 61 catches for 808 yards and 3 TDs
ARE 51 catches for 728 yards and 1 TD
Chris Cooley 66 for 768 yards and 8 TDs

So we have 12 total TDs combined.
TO had 15 TDs by himself.

So I don't think anyone in their WR corps is tearing it up for them with the exception of Cooley.

links18

Reaction score
DCfaninDC;2056004 said:
You are right, he does have the arm but not the accuracy.

So, in other words, Campbell is not the best WCO QB?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I get this feeling we'll regret passing on Phillips, but so far I think all 4 teams are having pretty good drafts.

Jenkins and Phillips in the first, in my opninion, would have been sweet.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
TheCount;2056021 said:
I get this feeling we'll regret passing on Phillips, but so far I think all 4 teams are having pretty good drafts.

Jenkins and Phillips in the first, in my opninion, would have been sweet.
That is why I asked for in one of the mock drafts and almost everyone said that Phillips wouldn't be available at 22.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I'd like to see us get that safety from LSU Craig Steltz or something like that. I just hope we don't take that guy from ND who can't cover any better than Roy Williams (#38)....

BigWillie

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2055957 said:

Saunders was a Coryell disciple, but his offense was basically a mix of the Air Coryell and WCO. Saunders relied heavily on timing in his offense, which is none to different from any WCO.

IIRC, Campbell played in a WCO at Auburn. So it should not be hard for him to learn. Terminology may be difficult though. I am pretty sure that Zorn and Saunders are completely different in how they call plays.

Ken

Reaction score
links18;2056016 said:
So, in other words, Campbell is not the best WCO QB?

he is a brutal fit in the WCO. First, he is dumb as a stump, no way he picks it up this century, 2nd, his mechanics are slow as mollases. No way he gets the timing of that offense down.

I think next year could be disasterous for the skinny skins.