Other NFC Teams' First Day Grades?

elcocinero

Reaction score
RomoIsBack;2055974 said:
the skins are looking to spread teams out

If the skins try to spread the Cowboys out expect lots of meetings between Ellis, Ware and Jason Campbell.

Ken

Reaction score
BigWillie;2056047 said:
Saunders was a Coryell disciple, but his offense was basically a mix of the Air Coryell and WCO. Saunders relied heavily on timing in his offense, which is none to different from any WCO.

IIRC, Campbell played in a WCO at Auburn. So it should not be hard for him to learn. Terminology may be difficult though. I am pretty sure that Zorn and Saunders are completely different in how they call plays.

Saunders dumbed his playbook down to a handful of plays. They were basically flooding zones every play.

He handed the ball off in college....

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
FYI,
Saunders is no longer in Washington.........tjey will be running the Zorn WCO, similar to Seattle's.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Ken;2056066 said:
Saunders dumbed his playbook down to a handful of plays. They were basically flooding zones every play.

He handed the ball off in college....

Saunders himself noted that he only used about 2% of his playbook (his words) before the flack came about his rather large playbook. People only jumped all over him because they largely assumed Campbell was force fed a 500+ page playbook, which just was not the case. His offense never changed, it was just that people learned to shutup once they figured out that they really knew nothing of what they spoke.

Campbell attempted around nearly 300 throws his senior year and completed 70% of those passes. I would say he did a bit more than turn around and hand the ball off. :)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
RomoIsBack;2055974 said:
the skins are looking to spread teams out

I like the way we "countered" their wide receiver moves with our cornerback moves. :laugh2:

Ken

Reaction score
BigWillie;2056093 said:
Saunders himself noted that he only used about 2% of his playbook (his words) before the flack came about his rather large playbook. People only jumped all over him because they largely assumed Campbell was force fed a 500+ page playbook, which just was not the case. His offense never changed, it was just that people learned to shutup once they figured out that they really knew nothing of what they spoke.

Campbell attempted around nearly 300 throws his senior year and completed 70% of those passes. I would say he did a bit more than turn around and hand the ball off. :)

A whole 300 passes? Oh, forgive me. That's right, he had no running game his last year there...right?

I understand that Saunders only used 2% of his playbook, but that was scaled down to .05 % when Cambell took the helm.

Also, it wasn't just Cambell that was dumb, apparently the entire team is stupid....

BigWillie

Reaction score
Ken;2056123 said:
A whole 300 passes? Oh, forgive me. That's right, he had no running game his last year there...right?

I understand that Saunders only used 2% of his playbook, but that was scaled down to .05 % when Cambell took the helm.

Also, it wasn't just Cambell that was dumb, apparently the entire team is stupid....

I'm not even for sure what you are largely arguing. Campbell did quite a bit more than just be a puppet in Auburn's offense. His stats are evidence of that whether you turn a blind eye to them or not.

Also, you assume rather than know. If you have a link for the offense being 'dumbed down' to the .05% you are talking about, I would LOVE to read it. I am glad to bash the 'Skins given any chance, but this is rather silly considering you are make assumptions (can I even really call it that?) rather than knowing something.

And I guess they are poopie heads to on top of being stupid.

:laugh2: