Video: Other than 1-2 plays, Joseph & Bohanna looked bad vs Bama 2020

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
OK, so I'm not going to go over EVERY play, but here are a few things that I saw:

2:25 Joseph covers for SEVEN seconds on a very short field. That is a LONG time in that situation.
3:54 Jones TRIES to get Joseph to bite on the pump fake, but Joseph doesn't fall for it. Jones has to go elsewhere. This is a great play by Joseph that will never show up on the stat sheet.
5:49 Bohanna's BEST non-blockeating play covered by the replay of the interception.
7:31 Brandin Echols (6th round to the Jets) is their "best" cover guy. LOL
7:54 1-on-1, Joseph goes for the legs and misses. Joseph is 197 and Harris is 232, so going for the legs is smart.
9:04 Joseph gets hung up by the stiff arm, but hangs on and still makes the tackle.

Neither player was on the field after the game got WAY out of reach.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with both of these guys in this situation. Bohanna does what they ask him to do and Joseph flat out shuts down his side of the field. If you are LOOKING for something wrong with either of them, you can find it; but overall, both are really good at what they do.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What defenses looked good vs Bama in 2020?
lol...true.

I'm just bored...and being overly critical of our own.

It doesn't mean I don't like/love our players, especially since I see their potential, but I don't want them to get complacent simply for now wearing the star. A little constructive criticism helps the blood flow, gets a little anger going and helps push these players to push themselves harder and sooner. These 2 players are key players needed right now at 2 key positions on this Defense. I'm rooting for them. Just family love, that's all.

johneric8

Reaction score
o_O
CB Kelvin Joseph #1
DT Quinton Bohanna #95

Keeping fingers crossed they will improve and play much better as pros with the Cowboys, especially against very good opponents.

Gee mom look, another forum poster whom enjoys trolling and looking for the negative instead of positive! :thumbdown:

cowboyec

Reaction score
bama does that to alot of players.
you usually don't look good vs those guys.

Turk

Reaction score
Is Mukuama a one trick pony? Most 6th round picks just aren’t that good at this stage in their development or have too many flaws. I don’t think most 6th or late round picks are one-trick.

Can’t keep Bohanna if he is just a plug and cut someone who might be an overall better player. Or someone who is trending up. Need someone who is both productive against the run and pass. What good is Bohanna on the field if the team audibles to a pass?
and here speaks someone who truly understands little about football.

ccb04

Reaction score
Well, pretty much Ohio St's entire defense looked bad against Alabama in the title game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol...true.

I'm just bored...and being overly critical of our own.

It doesn't mean I don't like/love our players, especially since I see their potential, but I don't want them to get complacent simply for now wearing the star. A little constructive criticism helps the blood flow, gets a little anger going and helps push these players to push themselves harder and sooner. These 2 players are key players needed right now at 2 key positions on this Defense. I'm rooting for them. Just family love, that's all.
I don't think the issue is you criticizing players. I Just think the confusion is why you are doing it with this game lol. You used one of Joseph's better games to do it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This highlight and a condensed version of the game.
You can take any highlight and manipulate it how you want. In that same game Joseph shut down Smith, just dominated him in coverage.

I can make highlight film showing Jaylon looking like the best LB in the league while making Tom Brady look worst than Dinucci.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You can take any highlight and manipulate it how you want. In that same game Joseph shut down Smith, just dominated him in coverage.

I can make highlight film showing Jaylon looking like the best LB in the league while making Tom Brady look worst than Dinucci.
Oh, yeah? Show me. Do what you claim you can do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
o_O
CB Kelvin Joseph #1
DT Quinton Bohanna #95

Keeping fingers crossed they will improve and play much better as pros with the Cowboys, especially against very good opponents.

Strange post to be honest. Most everyone points out the Alabama game as Josephs best and uses it of proof of his talent.

Bohanna was a 6th round pick so it makes sense he did little. In fact, he pretty much did little his entire college career.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Strange post to be honest. Most everyone points out the Alabama game as Josephs best and uses it of proof of his talent.

Bohanna was a 6th round pick so it makes sense he did little. In fact, he pretty much did little his entire college career.
Are you this wrong on all of your posts? Bohanna did his job in that game and during his time at UK. He’s not Vita Vea, but he’s been a very good run stuffer and block eater. You know, what he’s supposed to do.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I can see where Bohanna struggled. But Joseph dominated. We can debate who he actually dominated, but his net performance is undeniable.

pitt33

Reaction score
True. But can you find a college game his last college season where JJ Watt was shut down a whole game and only held to 1 or 2 good plays at the most...no matter the opponent?
Nobody knows how any of these defensive draft picks will do. Some guys play well in the NFL. Many don’t. Just like in the NBA or any professional sport.

Dallas has a piss poor record when it comes to drafting defense. I get your point.

Turk

Reaction score
Nice to meet you. So glad you are here to explain it all.

Just one question, what took you so long to find this site?
sort of sniffed around to find one with someone acting like he knew something when he didn't and you just STOOD OUT.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
sort of sniffed around to find one with someone acting like he knew something when he didn't and you just STOOD OUT.

Looking forward to your football knowledge. Should be fun. Something tells me real fun. Welcome.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are you this wrong on all of your posts? Bohanna did his job in that game and during his time at UK. He’s not Vita Vea, but he’s been a very good run stuffer and block eater. You know, what he’s supposed to do.

Like 6th round pick good? Run stuffers are supposed to be good at TFL.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Bohanna job is simply to take up double teams so the LB can flow to the ball in the hole. He not here to rush the passer. However, I would argue he will better than he was at Kentucky with DLAW on the Line, Micha Parsons, R. Gregory. He might just get in the backfield with teams scheming on the other three.