Video: Other than 1-2 plays, Joseph & Bohanna looked bad vs Bama 2020

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Bad Takes For $1000 Alex.

giphy.gif

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
most every team looks bad whenthey play alabama the talent level team wide was not even close

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@America's Cowboy Don’t be ripping on Bossman Fat and Bossman Skinny (Bohanna). Do so at your own peril,

I have high expectations for Kelvin (-373 deg Celsius) Joseph. I think he will be better than Awuzie, Brown, and Lewis.

Not sure about Bohanna. Does he have anything other than weight? He lost 30 LBs recently to get down to 327. If weight were the key, I am sure Antwan Woods could have easily added 30 pounds. Poe was a plug last year and he stunk because he had nothing other than weight. Need players who can be productive against both the run and pass. This team does not have the luxury of one-trick ponies.

Creeper

Reaction score
It looks to me like Alabama stayed away from Joseph. His coverage of Smith was pretty good when they were matched up.

Bohanna is a 6th round pick so why expect much from him? He did what he is supposed to do most of the time, plug up the middle to keep the LBs clean.

I have to say, Landon Dickerson is a really good OL, and the Eagles getting him on the 3rd round was a stroke of luck for them. If he stays healthy he will start for them before long. He is going to be a lot better than Connor Williams IMO.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couple of things. That's Bama and that's Kentucky. Kentucky's basketball team is usually a better football team than their football team.

It was easy for Bama to isolate and game plan against defenders on Kentucky because they didn't have many.

Kentucky also did what too many SEC teams did last year, gave Mac Jones too much time in the pocket and Bohanna is a mammoth 6'4" 350lb tackle, not a pass rusher. Watching that video reveals Bama's O coaching staff thought the key to their run game was stopping Bohanna and if Bama wants a defender to be negated, he is erased.

Hopefully, the Cowboys will not have to rely on Bohanna as much as Kentucky did.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No excuse for refusing to hit, wrap and tackle a WR. You play Defense. That's your job. If you don't want to do it, move over to Offense. Eats me up to see any defender whiff by going straight down towards the ankles because they are scared to tackle. No excuse for that bro.

As for Bohanna, clearly, he needs to get stronger. He's got the size. Didn't like seeing him get pushed around by Bama's Oline at times. Didn't even see him much during the 2nd half when the game was out of reach. I get it. He was drafted mainly to be a hole plugged during the run. Would love to see him develop into a 3 down NT/DT.

Hope they both improve since they do have talent.

He's not going to be a three-down DT and wasn't drafted to be one, which is why we got him so late in the draft. His job on this team is blocker magnet. If he's not drawing double-teams or is able to be handled one-on-one, then he's not doing his job.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@America's Cowboy Don’t be ripping on Bossman Fat and Bossman Skinny (Bohanna). Do so at your own peril,

I have high expectations for Kelvin (-373 deg Celsius) Joseph. I think he will be better than Awuzie, Brown, and Lewis.

Not sure about Bohanna. Does he have anything other than weight? He lost 30 LBs recently to get down to 327. If weight were the key, I am sure Antwan Woods could have easily added 30 pounds. Poe was a plug last year and he stunk because he had nothing other than weight. Need players who can be productive against both the run and pass. This team does not have the luxury of one-trick ponies.
Most 6th rounders are one trick ponies...on ST.

This was not a strong DT draft and he went in the 6th, that pretty much says it all.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can find games were JJ Watt in his prime looked bad. You play football long enough and it’s gonna happen to you.

Need the play from 2014, where Tony Romo punked JJ Watt, as he came bull rushing from his back side, Tony, ducks, spins, hits Terrence Williams for like a 30 yard TD pass.
JJ came up empty handed. Classic play.
Now that made JJ in his prime look BAD.
:laugh:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Most 6th rounders are one trick ponies...on ST.

This was not a strong DT draft and he went in the 6th, that pretty much says it all.

Is Mukuama a one trick pony? Most 6th round picks just aren’t that good at this stage in their development or have too many flaws. I don’t think most 6th or late round picks are one-trick.

Can’t keep Bohanna if he is just a plug and cut someone who might be an overall better player. Or someone who is trending up. Need someone who is both productive against the run and pass. What good is Bohanna on the field if the team audibles to a pass?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's nothing unusual about 'Bama making most teams and their players look bad.

Let's just hope they'll do fine for us. To be certain, they'll need to make our team first!

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not sure where either guy looked bad beyond a couple plays each.
Bohanna held up most of the day which is his job.
Joseph was not really targeted because when he was he had his guy blanketed.

Jamin Davis was out for the game and he was Kentucky's best defender.

A lot of passes away from Joseph and a slow wearing down of the Kentucky DL.

quickccc

Reaction score
i watched that whole video and Bohanan was double teamed on virtually every single down. That’s exactly what we need a big sloppy guy, we don’t need him to be a pass rusher just keep our LBs clean. Also on every catch those Alabama WRs were making were on different DBs and LBs, I don’t see #1 Joseph in hardly any of those highlights. Not to mention anytime he guarded Smith he shut him down and picked him off on top of that. I’m really not even seeing this horrible game from them that you mentioned.

exactly ! .. someone is definitely getting their jersey numbers mixed up . :confused:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bohanna can take a little time to grow into the job; Joseph must step in and play and at least as well as Diggs did last season.

I do like Joseph's attitude because he realizes it was his own doing that didn't have him talked about as one of the 4 top CB's in this draft. He had just as much promise at LSU as Surtain, Horn and Farley did and could have not only been a 1st rounder but picked as the 1st CB. Physically, he's as good as there was in this draft. Mentally, there's where he has to get right.

Good things are expected of the other three while Joseph is a risk and I like that in the toughest position to play on the defense.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Kelvin Joseph had the highest PFF coverage grade for any corner against Alabama in the last two seasons, and that includes Derick Stingley Jr.and Jaycee Horn (who will end up being the first corners taken in back to back drafts).

OP has no idea what he’s looking at and doesn’t appear to be arch much college football in general based on his other posts.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
i watched that whole video and Bohanan was double teamed on virtually every single down. That’s exactly what we need a big sloppy guy, we don’t need him to be a pass rusher just keep our LBs clean. Also on every catch those Alabama WRs were making were on different DBs and LBs, I don’t see #1 Joseph in hardly any of those highlights. Not to mention anytime he guarded Smith he shut him down and picked him off on top of that. I’m really not even seeing this horrible game from them that you mentioned.

This. All day.

OP has just a plain terrible take

Kevinicus

Reaction score
AC with clueless bad take?

Yes, and water is wet too. Shocker, I know.