OU vs OSU

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
This game isn't working out for the Sooners BCS-wise thus far...

Great game to watch, though...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
trickblue;2451565 said:
This game isn't working out for the Sooners BCS-wise thus far...

Great game to watch, though...

you ain't kidding

hell of a game!!

hey trick...did you hear my drunk escapade on dc fanatic's show wednesday?

trickblue

Reaction score
lane;2451572 said:
you ain't kidding

hell of a game!!

I did not... wish I had now... :D

I was staying up packing to go see the folks...

Hope the wife is doing well...

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I don't think that it's a good idea to bring up the point differential between UT, Tech & OU against common opponents. As soon as they do (and currently OU leads it against 2nd place Texas by 18 points), some smart guy is going to point out that it's because Mack Brown refuses to run up the score once he knows his team has the game in the bag. I would think that using it to make your case may in fact hurt it - but that's just a guess on my part, I could very well be wrong about how much weight it carries.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
lane;2451572 said:
you ain't kidding

hell of a game!!

I heard it Lane - you were great! :bow:

trickblue

Reaction score
Draegerman;2451585 said:
I don't think that it's a good idea to bring up the point differential between UT, Tech & OU against common opponents. As soon as they do (and currently OU leads it against 2nd place Texas by 18 points), some smart guy is going to point out that it's because Mack Brown refuses to run up the score once he knows his team has the game in the bag. I would think that using it to make your case may in fact hurt it - but that's just a guess on my part, I could very well be wrong about how much weight it carries.

Also Texas beat OU on a neutral field while OU had TT at home...

Point differential has always been weak... head to head with field location weighing in is always valid... it is the only true measuring stick...

Tech is obviously out of the running at this point with an OU win. The next measurement is OU vs. UT...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
trickblue;2451602 said:

Point differential has always been weak... head to head with field location weighing in is always valid... it is the only true measuring stick...

Tech is obviously out of the running at this point with an OU win. The next measurement is OU vs. UT...

Why should Tech be out of the running? Just because the voters place them lower because they lost late?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
trickblue;2451602 said:

hos just bumped it on the fan zone....you might get a kick out of it.:)

thanks for the concern for my wife.

she's doing as well as can be expected i believe.

she's tough.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
trickblue;2451602 said:

TB,

No truer statement has ever been said regarding field location (especially with college football). All you need to do is look to this game tonight as the perfect example to your point. OSU fans are loud and proud this evening and they have to be a major reason as to why this game is as close as it is going into the 2nd half.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
lane;2451499 said:
i'm a brunette man..

any help?

me too, but I wouldnt kick her out of bed, unless she wanted to roll around on the floor.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Wow, OU caught a bad break just now from the refs. That should have been ruled a fumble with OU recovering it.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
without Ryan Reynolds, the OU middle is very weak.....I attack that at will if I am OSU or anybody for that matter. Reynolds was that damn good....and his loss has definitely been felt.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Gundy is a complete idiot........you go for 1 there.....it is way too early for them to go for 2......and even then, you dont do a QB keeper against OU........

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Wow, OU has to be the luckiest team I've ever seen. Unbelievable.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2451644 said:
Wow, OU has to be the luckiest team I've ever seen. Unbelievable.

well they werent lucky when the fumble recovery didnt go their way.....but they are lucky that Gundy doesnt know the proper time to go for 2.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Biggems;2451647 said:
well they werent lucky when the fumble recovery didnt go their way.....but they are lucky that Gundy doesnt know the proper time to go for 2.

Yeah, I don't understand how that isn't an automatic review. :(

Props to OSU for getting the snap off quickly, though.

Also I don't understand how the Umpire didn't see that.