Our Biggest weakness is still our O line!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Our O line got manhandled vs the Whiners.

Going into that game, our O line vs the Whiners D line, was my biggest concern. Most of us knew Conner Williams and Biadaz would struggle. We knew if not 100%, Tyron Smith might struggle. We thought Collins and Martin would play well. Martin was good, but Collins was not!

I am glad we got rid of Williams and Collins, and picked up a 1st round O lineman, but we still need to upgrade at Center and possibly LT. Tyron cannot stay healthy and has lost a step when healthy.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Need Farinok to step up and be a center upgrade.

Need Tyler to be the real deal.

Need Tryon to stay reasonably healthy.

This unit is by far my biggest concern going into 2022.

The downgrade from Fred to Biadasz was huge.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Need Farinok to step up and be a center upgrade.

Need Tyler to be the real deal.

Need Tryon to stay reasonably healthy.

This unit is by far my biggest concern going into 2022.

The downgrade from Fred to Biadasz was huge.

Also the LG position was never stabilized after Landry.

Toro9

Reaction score
Pretty well-known fact, if I can call it that.
Center and Tackle are still up in the air to some degree. I do think it's better than in 21 with Tyler joining. It should be okay.

Swing tackle and Center.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our o-line and Kellen Moore's absolute refusal or incompetence to effectively scheme a running game for Zeke and Tony.

He'd rather run it three times up the gut then call it a day pass 60 times the rest of the game.

Infuriating.

So find the right people on o-line and scheme...and watch zeke and tony tear them up.

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t think we have a clue
Biadasz just finished his first real season and improved as he went. Now he is into his second off season with experience to grow on.
smith certainly has the physical traits to be a really good guard and even a LT down the road
Steele should be as good if not better than what we got at RT last year
Smith when on the field is still one of the top LT in the game.
The biggest question mark to be is proven depth
I’m not too concerned about the starters. Smith will be a rookie and have a learning curve but guard is easier to play than tackle so I think he catches on pretty quickly

conner01

Reaction score
Pretty well-known fact, if I can call it that.
Center and Tackle are still up in the air to some degree. I do think it's better than in 21 with Tyler joining. It should be okay.

Swing tackle and Center.
Tyler is pretty solid in run game but struggled in pas protection, though he got better as the season went on

Toro9

Reaction score
Tyler is pretty solid in run game but struggled in pas protection, though he got better as the season went on
Yeah, I watched quite a bit of tape on Tyler. He's definitely a mauler at this point. But I think he'll be a good pick

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Going into that game, our O line vs the Whiners D line, was my biggest concern. Most of us knew Conner Williams and Biadaz would struggle. We knew if not 100%, Tyron Smith might struggle. We thought Collins and Martin would play well. Martin was good, but Collins was not!

I am glad we got rid of Williams and Collins, and picked up a 1st round O lineman, but we still need to upgrade at Center and possibly LT. Tyron cannot stay healthy and has lost a step when healthy.

I feel the Dline is a work in progress and will improve with the coaching and once the dust has settled. I am also worried about the Oline in particular. When you have one weak spot you can work around it, but having three of your five links playing like crap, you have a real problemo. I would feel more comfortable if Dallas signed a veteran to backup TSmith when he misses his games; and hope someone beats out Biadasz, needs a lot more work on his technique. Why the Cowboys have not hired Fredbeard to work with this kid is beyond me.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah, I watched quite a bit of tape on Tyler. He's definitely a mauler at this point. But I think he'll be a good pick
Last year was his first actual camp and full season
He’s gonna get smarter and stronger
It’s all about technique. Proper hand placement, footwork and learning leverage. I love oline guys who have a wrestling background. They know leverage

blueblood70

Reaction score

is it??

have you seen the set roster and how they will play together? Sorry but CW and LC were penalty machines and cost us many drives .,.they aren't big losses..:popcorn:

Im betting, we are a lot better off then you believe. Real games will bare out the truth,

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Nope, you are completely wrong! Our biggest weakness is still our fanbase, with fans like you complaining about our o-line in June, In JUNE!

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Our o-line and Kellen Moore's absolute refusal or incompetence to effectively scheme a running game for Zeke and Tony.

He'd rather run it three times up the gut then call it a day pass 60 times the rest of the game.

Infuriating.

So find the right people on o-line and scheme...and watch zeke and tony tear them up.
That's why we have an Offensive Lineman playing RB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Our biggest weakness is our Oline ... Coach.

Got rib eye, made meatloaf out of it.