Our defensive tackles will continue to be our achilles heel

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This.

The DTs never shed blocks and get into the backfield. How many TFLs did we have today?

The linebackers looked worse because of olinemen getting to the second level.
We need both, dt’s help the interior, but they might struggle more with outside runs.

kskboys

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Jerry sees things as some of the others do. He simply does not comprehend how the DT play affects all areas of the D. More than any other area.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's hard to chuck in the towel on a rookie but man, there seems to have been zero improvement in Mazi over this season.

Kind of deflating that we finally use a top asset on a DT and may have made a mistake.

Zman5

Reaction score
It's pretty bad when a 190LB RB pushes your whole defense for 11 yards before being stopped.
Does James Cook Squat 700LBS?

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
It's hard to chuck in the towel on a rookie but man, there seems to have been zero improvement in Mazi over this season.

Kind of deflating that we finally use a top asset on a DT and may have made a mistake.
I didn't care for him as a prospect.

Praxit

Reaction score
Don't they teach these players to get off those blocks?

reddyuta

Reaction score
teams are attacking our Edges,its been this way as long as we had DQ.

pitt33

Reaction score

McClay & company totally whiffed on him.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I'm not reading all of this thread but anyone who thinks the DTs is the problem doesn't know what they're talking about.

They got killed on the edges, just like they did against the Rams way back when.

The problem is that this team hasn't had a good LBer since Sean Lee.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I'm not reading all of this thread but anyone who thinks the DTs is the problem doesn't know what they're talking about.

They got killed on the edges, just like they did against the Rams way back when.

The problem is that this team hasn't had a good LBer since Sean Lee.
I disagree with you. LVE is much better than the safties playing linebacker.And on top of that, was not LVE calling the plays on defense? I knew this was gonna come back and bite them.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I disagree with you. LVE is much better than the safties playing linebacker.And on top of that, was not LVE calling the plays on defense? I knew this was gonna come bCk and bite them.
LVE wouldn't made a difference last night becasue he's no faster in diagnosing than the rest of them.

He was there against Arizona, and the problems were exactly the same.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
LVE wouldn't made a difference lastⁿ night becasue he's no faster in diagnosing than the rest of them.

He was there against Arizona, and the problems were exactly the same.
Funny thing how everybody was so big on how bad LVE was. He was better than what they have now. He seemed to be better on getting the defense lined up than what they have now. Once again, they can't stop the run. Same old story.But he was better than what they have now. The point is they should have picked up another linebacker.

Last edited: