Our Future at Wide Reciever

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I was rumbling through some draft junk and I came across this 4th round steal in the draft. The kid is amazing and under the radar I think. The kid is like a walking superman, he can catch, run, kick, lettered in 4 sports, ran track and field, has athletic parents/ His Uncle played in the NFL.

I don't think he's ready to step in today, but with about 15 pounds over the next year and some serious coaching, he could be the next Randy Moss type (with Heart) This just shows his athletic ability (RAW THAT IS) he's projected to go in the 4th round, I would take him in the late 3rd just to make sure I get him.

It still gives you the flexability to sign Tackles and an ILB and FS even before you get to him. BTW, if we don't get Vinatieri, the kid can also kick.
Here is his "BIO"

Todd Watkins
Wide Receiver
6-3, 190, Sr.
San Diego, CA / Grossmont JC

At BYU
SENIOR - (2005): Named preseason first-team All-American (Phil Steele's College Football Preview) ... a 2005 Mountain West Conference Preseason All-Conference selection ... a Street & Smith's Preseason Honorable Mention All-American ... named preseason First-Team All-MWC by Lindy's Football Annual, Phil Steele's College Football Preview, Street & Smith's, Blue Ribbon Yearbook/ESPN.com and College Football News ... ranked by Lindy's Football Annual as the league's "most dangerous deep threat" ... ranked by Street & Smith's as the league's "fastest receiver" ... ranked as the fourth best player in the MWC by College Football News ... ranked by CFN as the second best receiver in the MWC ... ranked by Lindy's Football Annuals as the ninth top receiver in the country.

JUNIOR - (2004): Earned All-Mountain West Conference first-team honors ... earned All-America honorable-mention honors ... started in each of the Cougars' 11 games on the season ... set the MWC junior single-game receiving record with 211 yards at Boise State ... led the Mountain West with 1,042 yards on the season ... also holds the MWC single-season record, averaging 94.7 yards per contest ... credited with 52 receptions and six touchdowns on the season ... named by Sports Illustrated as the nation's top deep threat ... had touchdown receptions of 68, 69, 70 and 79 yards on the season ... averaged 20.0 yards per reception ... recorded a season-high nine receptions agaisnt UNLV ... had over 100 yards receiving in five games during the season.

SOPHOMORE - (0):

FRESHMAN - (0):

Before BYU
A 2003 JC Gridwire and Junior College Athletic Bureau first-team All-American ... helped Grossmont to a third-place national junior college ranking ... helped lead the Griffins to a 13-1 record, including a 10-0 regular-season finish ... a member of the 2003 Foothill Valley Conference champions ... named the 2003 Region III Offensive Player of the Year ... earned first-team all-state and all-conference honors ... in 10 regular-season games, recorded 40 receptions for 915 yards, averaging 22.9 yards per reception ... credit with eight regular-season touchdowns ... led the Foothill Conference in kick scoring, posting 50-of-51 point-after attempts and 12-of-15 field goal attempts, including a long of 52 yards ... responsible for a league-leading 134 total points on the season, including 48 points as a receiver and 86 points as a kicker ... clocked at 4.28 seconds in the 40-yard dash ... competed in track in high school, helping his relay team to the 2000 California State Boys CIF Track Championship in the 4x100 relay in a time of 41.17 ... earned all-county honors as a receiver and kicker in both his junior and senior seasons at Helix High School ... a member of the 2000 San Diego Section, Division II CIF Football championship team at Helix HS ... became only the second person in 25 years at Helix High School to letter in four different sports as a senior, including football, soccer, volleyball and track.

Personal
Parents are Don Watkins of Ramona, Calif. and Cindy Watkins of San Diego ... great uncle, Tom Watkins, is a member of the Iowa State Athletic Hall of Fame after a stellar collegiate career (1958-1960) ... also played for the Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Pittsburgh Steelers and the Los Angeles Rams ... his father, Don Watkins, played lineman at Pasadena City College and later played for the San Diego Police Department football team, raising money for various community charities ... redshirted at Norfolk State before transferring to Grossmont JC ... received scholarship offers from Hawaii, Kansas State and Oregon State ... brother, Travis, plays offensive line for USC.

http://www.byucougars.com/football/profiles/00000002094_ftb.html

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
We haven't developed a WR prospect since Michael Irvin although Crayton may change that if he can stay healthy. I would love for us to take a chance on a guy like that and see it pan out for us like it seems to for other teams.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It just doesn't seem like a big risk for us. Plus the upside is awesome.

Jay9508

Reaction score
last year's draft, dallas should have got jerome mathis, parcells clocked him at 4.25 during the 40 yard draft. look at him now, pro bowl on his rookie year

lshaver22

Reaction score
Jonathan Orr from Wisconsin seems to be similar prospect. Does anyone know anything about him? I agree with main theory though: It would be nice to get a good developmental receiver in the 3rd or 4th round this year (especially since Crayton has had some struggles coming back from surgery).
Another low cost free agent out there with some upside is Tim Carter. Anyone have him thoughts on him?

conner01

Reaction score
mathis made the pro bowl as a return guy. averaged about 4 yds per return more than tt did, only had 3 catches all year. no thanks, we got mb3 in the spot he would have been taken and i think mb3 is a better player

DLCassidy

Reaction score
I wish we had an extra third this year. If there is a good OT in round 1 I'm betting we go that way which means we probably look to address LB and FS in the 2nd and 3rd. It would be great if we had an extra third to take a WR, especially since we don't have a 4th.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He's smoother than Lelie.

Hos,

Uncertain why this is the case, but if you take a look at the number of Posts you have [depicted under your avatar in both posts under this thread] you'll note that you have 19, 125 posts ...under both of your posts in this thread. Shouldn't one of your post go up to 19,126?

Just curious.:cool:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Hos,

Uncertain why this is the case, but if you take a look at the number of Posts you have [depicted under your avatar in both posts under this thread] you'll note that you have 19, 125 posts ...under both of your posts in this thread. Shouldn't one of your post go up to 19,126?

Just curious.:cool:

Un-fawking-believable..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wish Maurice Stovall would come out this season at 6'5" with good speed and great hands he has been fun to watch this season

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hello Phoenix-Talon. Good to have ya back. The post count refreshes on every post. Even one's that were made in the past. Hope that makes sense.

And hey, can you seriously think about starting a thread regarding your beloved Eagles vs. the Foreskins? I would like to see your take on what you think it is going to take to beat em, and if you are confident about your last game of the season.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I think Travis Wilson will be a better pro if you are talking about using a 3rd or 4th rounder. He has better size 6'3" 220 lbs and Oklahoma WRs all have done well this year in Brandon Jones, Mark Clayton and Mark Bradley. Wilson had more TD's than all of them last year.