Our New ILB

gosuns

Reaction score
Inside linebackers
1. Ahmad Brooks*, Virginia

Brooks is my preseason top-rated defensive prospect. He has all the physical tools and has been terrifically coached by former NFL linebacker guru Al Groh. Brooks should be a top-five selection in the 2006 draft.

Gee anothoer AL Groh guy.... I bet BP will be salavating to grab this kid in round 1. Rumor has it additional tapes of this kid were requested by the Dallas scouting dept. after the season to add to their video file of him.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
gosuns said:
Inside linebackers
1. Ahmad Brooks*, Virginia

Brooks is my preseason top-rated defensive prospect. He has all the physical tools and has been terrifically coached by former NFL linebacker guru Al Groh. Brooks should be a top-five selection in the 2006 draft.

Gee anothoer AL Groh guy.... I bet BP will be salavating to grab this kid in round 1. Rumor has it additional tapes of this kid were requested by the Dallas scouting dept. after the season to add to their video file of him.

Well, I sure hope Dallas isn't in top 5 position to grab him.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
truly i dont wanna be in the top five selection to get him. i'd rather pick up a great guy at the end of round 1, cause we did so good this coming year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Next year, we should be looking at a WR with our top pick, IMO.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Next year, we should be looking at a WR with our top pick, IMO.

Yes Sir.......could not agree more. Picking late in round 1 however, may make that a little more difficult. ;)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Yes Sir.......could not agree more. Picking late in round 1 however, may make that a little more difficult. ;)

Before it's all said and done, I believe somebody is going to get moved. Might be a DL, might be a LB. Somebody is going to get traded IMO. When we do, I think it will be for a decent pick. Not 1st but maybe 2nd. Next year, we should be in a position to trade for the WR we want. At least, that's my hope.

gosuns

Reaction score
have you looked at the crop of WR's for next years class?? nothing too impressive at this point if you ask me.

i agree it would take a top 10 pick to get this kid... but ya never know.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
It will be nearly impossible to get him from the 32nd spot in the draft.

kartr

Reaction score
Martin Nance, Miami of Ohio, 6'4", 210 lbs and Jason Avant of Michigan, 6'1", 200 lbs.

kartr

Reaction score
I would love this guy in the 1st, Dat Nguyen isn't getting any younger or bigger. He could be the final piece in our d-line and lbs to make them dominant units.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I said the same thing a few weeks ago about Brooks but I have since heard that he has some character issues. That convinced me that BP won't be interested.

rockj7

Reaction score
I hope we are the last pick in the first round, and not because we traded down either.
If you now what I mean.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'm with you on the Ahmad Brooks thing. I'd love to see this guy manning our ILB spot. I don't really see a LB going in the top 5 no matter how good he is. Pretty rare if its even ever happened.
The WR crop is very thin, or at least it looks to be right now.
There are going to be some stud DTs in the next draft, many of which will be good 3-4 NT types....Gabe Watson (Michigan), Rod Wright (UT), Ngata....and there are more. Depending on who's available and where we draft, we may want to look at some replacement DTs who can eventually take the place of our guys who will be old and broken down in a few years... It should be a good DT draft next year.
Unfortunately, we may have to look to FA for a WR.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
With the money we saved by not trading for Howard, which I thought was a hoax all along anyway, I think we may be able to sign a good WR in FA. Parcells isnt too gung hoe about drafting WR in round 1, Glenn wasn't his pick, although he did like her after wards. Look at his teams, and Belechick's (who learned form BP), and you will see they don't ever really have a big name WR. It's by committee, which in alot of ways makes it harder to game plan, because you dont know who is going to beat you. Of course you dont have the "go to" guy, but i'd say the two have done pretty well for themselves...

when you have 5 rings as HC's between each other, I'll buy into your philosophies on how to build a succesful roster.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I'm with you on the Ahmad Brooks thing. I'd love to see this guy manning our ILB spot. I don't really see a LB going in the top 5 no matter how good he is. Pretty rare if its even ever happened.
QUOTE]

it's happened, http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/1982 you can look through those yourself if you want exact details. You can get good Lb's later in the 1st and throughout the draft really.

MiStar

Reaction score
There are plenty of LBers to be had, Brooks is hardly head and shoulders above the rest.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a homer on this one.. But I'd rather have AJ hawk from The Ohio State University.....

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
We should go w/ BPA in next year's draft. Being the Super Bowl champs, we will have the luxury to do just that..... :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Maybe I'm a homer on this one.. But I'd rather have AJ hawk from The Ohio State University.....
Hey DC, did you ever see him play at Centerville? I did a couple of times. Once he totally dominated the opposing offense. One thing I miss about being there is going to those games each week with my father-in-law and gang.