Our offense since the RW11 trade

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
SibannacRex;2525914 said:
Broken pinkie was healed fully by the Steeler's game.

it was a broken finger.. not a hairline fracture or just a fracture, but fully broken

it is nowhere even close to being FULLY healed right now and won't be until the offseason

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2525904 said:
You mean, with no broken pinkie, no bad back, no beat up TE, and good O-line play, we put up a lot of points?

Interesting indeed.

Some (such as myself and a few others) would have said that the key to improving the offense the rest of the year was upgradeing the OG spot which has held us ransom all-year. With Kosier coming along slowly in rehab, Holland out of shape and Proctor being Proctor, the deadline trade should have been OG and not WR.

I do think some people have been very critical of RW11 and some have been patient but disappointed. I still think the value of this trade is if he becomes the #1 to replace TO (which I don't think he is capable of but that is another matter).

In the short-term, we need to adjust what we are doing to compensate for our injured QB and leaky OL - this is where Garrett has come up a bit short, IMO. He has still got a chance to redeem himself with a win tomorrow.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
SibannacRex;2525895 said:
Since RW11 has become a starter, our offense has been consistently mediocre. We've had a few good games against average/bad teams, such as Seattle and SF. However, we've had quite a few bad games, including the Skins game where we only scored 14 points, but had numerous turnovers and mistakes.

I'm wondering if Crayton being out of the second WR spot is hurting this team. Our passing game has been the main culprit in the second half (mostly due to Romo's injury). However, now that Romo is healthy, this seems to be the reason why we can't get things going like we did early in the year.

PS I'm watching the NFLN Replay of the Eagles/Cowboys game from Week 2 and we were awesome without RW11.

I think there is some validity, in that Romo had built a rapport/trust with Crayton that he doesn't have yet with Williams. But this offense was having the same struggles with Crayton in there as the No. 2 (against lesser defenses such as the Bengals'), which was the impetus for getting Williams.

Once teams started putting a safety over the top of Owens and going over and under on Witten, we were getting bogged down because Crayton couldn't consistently get open against single coverage to force teams to drop the strategy.

According to Williams, he has been able to get open 1-on-1, but Romo isn't finding him. If Romo can start feeding the ball to him, then teams will be forced to play Dallas more like the 49ers did instead of always shading a safety toward Owens, and we all saw how well their strategy worked.