Our offensive line sucks because of our draft history

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I knew it was a mistake, that Tucker didn't have the feet for it, but that Tucker could excel if he's left at G. He was the #2 rated G in the draft in '03. That move was ******** and I'm surprised Tucker hasn't tried to move himself back to G....$$$ perhaps?
He went undrafted and was rated as the number 2 guard in the entire draft?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind said:
parcells had a chance at jammal brown..thats the sad thing

something to keep a close eye on is flozell's 9mil tag next yr..something has to happen there..

so take Jammal Brown at 11 instead of Ware? the Saints traded up to draft him at 16

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind said:
i know 1 first rounder would would have fit in great in Dallas, and i got laughed at ESPN for mentioning his name...Logan Mankins

rightly so, since Logan Mankins was taken at the very bottom of the 1st round, all these lineman you're pointing out didn't deserve to be taken at how high we were picking

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
GoodOleDays said:
It seems like we're naming Kosier the starter and theres no mention of Peterman. Honestly I've never heard of Kosier before the cowboys signed him, he was cut by just about the worst team in the nfl. Kosier seems to be a pretty average OG, I've heard people compare him to Matt Lehr.. thats not impressive. Shouldn't this be Peterman's job to lose, afterall he's going into his 3rd year and was a standout at LSU.

actually the line Kosier played for last year gave up the 6th fewest sacks in the NFL, tied, and Kosier allowed only 4, 8 teams were looking to sign him once Free Agency started, and he's versatile, capable of playing everyone position on the line except for C

GoodOleDays said:
I know we didn't take Peterman til the 3rd round, but with our makeshift o-line he should definitely be cracking the starting lineup at this point in his nfl career. Is he a bust or will we ever even find out? Beating out a guy like Kosier shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to do.. now beating out Larry Allen, thats an entire different story.

I think your s/n suits you very well, because you're still living in the good 'ole days where LA was this great Olineman, he was average at best last year

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys have only drafted a OL in the 1st rd once in franchise history. where you get drafted has nothing to do with how a guy may perform.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
Our offense has stunk, because our offensive line stinks. And it stinks because we don't draft linemen. And when they do their busts...

This is because they got too cavalier having flozell adams and larry allen...

I would say that every year, you should draft an offensive linemen in the first day (or at least in the 4th), with exceptions being made if you're all set on the line, at every position.

The oline has 5 spots (more than the 3-4, or 4-3 defensive lines, and thus has 9-10 roster spots dedicated to it). That is almost 1/5 of your team right there. And you know you're going to get some busts.... Just look at Seattle.

First day offensive linemen drafted since we got Larry Allen
2006 - None
2005 - None
2004 - Rogers/Peterman (both busts 2nd and 3rd)
2003 - Al Johnson (2)
2002 - Andre Gurode (2)
2001 - None
2000 - None
1999 - Solomon Page (2)
1998 - Flozell Adams (2)
1997 - Steve Scifres (3)
1996 - Clay Shiver (3)
1995 - Shane Hannah (2)
1994 - Larry Allen (2)

We've drafted 3 linemen on the first day since parcells got here, and 9 since we got Allen (including allen). Most of which were 3rd rounders, none in the first.

so your opinion is we should reach for an Olineman instead of taking best player available that could make the team better?