Our Oline has been pretty bad

J12B

Reaction score
They looked awful last night, especially run blocking. No push at all and didn't create any lanes or gaps.

Plus the pass blocking looked bad too. Tyron Smith kept getting beat and Dak had pressure all night.

They need to play better!

starfan1

Reaction score
They looked awful last night, especially run blocking. No push at all and didn't create any lanes or gaps.

Plus the pass blocking looked bad too. Tyron Smith kept getting beat and Dak had pressure all night.

I have a suspicion we’re gonna get a mixed bag all year if they can stay healthy

It’s my biggest concern with this team

krs1bro

Reaction score
I think we have all been somewhat duped here in the forum and we aren't recognizing that the main problem is the O line with the offense having success. It totally hit me in the face when I saw Emmitt's interview the other day asking him if he would give Dak a long term extension. I knew exactly what he meant by his response without calling out this unit. Think about it. Weaker teams they can handle but you put an aggressive d-line in front of this group and it's a complete crap show. No QB or RB in this league will be successful without some sort of blocking.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Might help if we had a running back. Pollard is what I and others said he would be: A complimentary back that can’t handle 25 carries/game. He’s not and never will be an RB1. I like Pollard and followed him in Memphis. He’s just not that guy.

Praxit

Reaction score
..have to agree here. OL played suspect last night.

Pocket collapsed, a number of times. Lucky, Dak had legs to move about. Yet, he took 5 sacks.

Maybe its just technique or getting on same page. We gotta fix that.

J12B

Reaction score
Might help if we had a running back. Pollard is what I and others said he would be: A complimentary back that can’t handle 25 carries/game. He’s not and never will be an RB1. I like Pollard and followed him in Memphis. He’s just not that guy.
Pollard was excellent in the 4 or 5 games last season when he was the featured back.

He literally has no lanes or gaps.

The offensive scheme needs a lot of work.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Martin loses big time and kills drives, Tyron too, Steele looks slow on pass pro and forgot how to run block, plus we desperate need a workhorse at RB.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Total respect on your post........I think he can be RB1 if the right plays were called to take advantage of his skills. The 25 runs up the middle is so stale and anticipated by our opponents that its mind boggling. Success is keeping the defense guessing MM. Get a clue dude. Outcome would be different also if the o-line would just block Damn really frustrating to watch the o-line under preforming every game for sure.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Pollard was excellent in the 4 or 5 games last season when he was the featured back.

He literally has no lanes or gaps.

The offensive scheme needs a lot of work.
I think he had one game last year where he carried the ball 20+ times. One.

As I said, he isn’t the guy we’re going to be able to hand the ball to 20+ times per game. He will never be that guy.

goshan

Reaction score
I think he had one game last year where he carried the ball 20+ times. One.

As I said, he isn’t the guy we’re going to be able to hand the ball to 20+ times per game. He will never be that guy.
no back is getting 20+ carries. It doesn't matter.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Bad thing is, we have a lot of money invested there.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
no back is getting 20+ carries. It doesn't matter.
No back for the Cowboys is getting 20 carries, that’s for sure. And when the entire offense is predicated on ball control and winning time of possession, that’s a problem.

goshan

Reaction score
No back for the Cowboys is getting 20 carries, that’s for sure. And when the entire offense is predicated on ball control and winning time of possession, that’s a problem.
give me a list of RBs that are expected to carry the ball 17+ times a game. Rico and others need 10-13 carries a game. All NFL teams do it. it isn't a problem at all.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
give me a list of RBs that are expected to carry the ball 17+ times a game. Rico and others need 10-13 carries a game. All NFL teams do it. it isn't a problem at all.
Give you a list? Off the top of my head:

- Christian McCaffery
- Josh Jacob
- Derrick Henry

Plus the other half dozen or so that get 17+ carries/game, something Pollard will never get.

As I said, Pollard can’t be counted on to get 2-3 yards between the tackles. That’s what a ‘featured’ RB should be able to do. He’s simply not big enough for that role and he isn’t fast or shifty enough to consistently produce outside the tackles. This isn’t new intel.

Will he have an occasional 100 yard game. Yes. Is he a bell cow RB. NO.

Kumala808

Reaction score
Need to move bass to guard and Tyler to left tackle. Tyron is old and gotta give Steele time to get back to form

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know where this is coming from. I saw Tyron get beat once, early in the game, but he did not get beat against the rest of the night. He had one of the highest PFF grades for the Cowboys so I don't think I missed much. Tyler Smith, on the other hand, whiffed on a few blocks. Even Zack Martin struggled at times.

The entire OL is struggling, but IMO, Tyron is playing the best of all of them.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This offensive line has been on the field exactly 2 games in what...about 2 years? Give them some time before becoming dragons just watching the growth.

StarLord

Reaction score
Pollard is definitely playing worse than I was expecting, but honestly I think OL and lack of a long ball is more to do with it. There are absolutely no lanes to run in right now.