Our picks ranked on Goose's board

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I sure Hope Jerry hires some of this Boards Internet Scouts for next years Draft.:rolleyes:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2055362 said:
not trying to make you like the selection here, but this is a new coaching staff and a new offensive coach, I bet Garrett was in Jerry's ear the whole time telling him to get rid of Fasano, and get Bennett in Dallas

But why? Are we really going to run 2 TE sets now finally?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm scratching head on drafting a TE this early.

sago1

Reaction score
Just hoping Garrett intends to utilize Felix Jones in multiple ways besides simply as the alternate RB with MBIII. Besides a lot more dump-off passes to take advantage of his speed/quickness, maybe he can also take on a role as a WR in our passing game as well as a return man--along with Pacman Jones. Hopefully that justifies this pick cause admit I was hoping we take Mendenhall as well.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2055362 said:
not trying to make you like the selection here, but this is a new coaching staff and a new offensive coach, I bet Garrett was in Jerry's ear the whole time telling him to get rid of Fasano, and get Bennett in Dallas

I hear you. I do like Bennett. I think he will fit much better than Fasano, but man what a painful way to go about it.

Oh well...he is a Cowboy now. I will be over it as soon as he dons the helmet.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
TheCount;2055375 said:

Fasano was on the field quite a bit last year for us, he just never did anything when he was on the field.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
montgod;2055074 said:
This will only make others more angry...
Felix Jones is already used to working a 2-man/back system. He won't have the pressure of being *THE* guy. He can essentially just come in and run when needed. Plus, I think he can provide the homerun threat that Dallas just doesn't have. I love MB3 but he's not gonna break off an 80yd run. I can see Jones doing it.

Mendenhall is good, no doubt, but he's a starter. he's an everydown workhorse...that just wouldn't work in Dallas i don't think

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
TheCount;2055083 said:
Mike Jenkins and Felix most people can learn to deal with, taking a TE in the 2nd AGAIN after just trading away the darn TE you took in the 2nd is crazy.

Not if the staff thinks our new TE is much better than Fasano, which they apparently do. Don't forget, Parcells drafted Fasano and his idea of a TE is much different than many other coaches. We use our TE as a receiver in our offense. This guy appears much more athletic than Fasano and appears to be much more of a threat in the passing game. Should be a great red zone target, not to mention having two TEs in the game at the same time on occasion that can both catch the ball.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Doomsday;2055331 said:
Only we could of had Mendenhall (10) and Jenkins.

I think we added 3 good players today and I am happy for that but I dont like the fact that Jerry passed on the better player because Felix is use to splitting carries. That is stupid.

I guarantee you if we had taken Mendenhall, he would've touched the ball much less than Jones will. Mendenhall was not going to start over Barber and he isn't capable of doing some of the things Jones can do.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'd say there's a very good chance Felix Jones will spread out wide as a receiver on occasion, providing yet another way he will fit into our offense.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
F'in A!! Where is HeavyHitta? My boy is a fella Aggie fan. This new TE is going to double what Fasano brought to the table. I love the pick!!!!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2055375 said:

possibly, all I know is that Garrett is going to get creative which is going to reinforce Jerry stating that he wanted to surround Romo w/ more weapons

gbrittain;2055414 said:
I hear you. I do like Bennett. I think he will fit much better than Fasano, but man what a painful way to go about it.

good man

wileedog

Reaction score
Doomsday;2055331 said:
I think we added 3 good players today and I am happy for that but I dont like the fact that Jerry passed on the better player because Felix is use to splitting carries. That is stupid.

I don't completely disagree but I think you have the reasoning wrong.

With Felix there is more versatility and hopefully more ability to get him on the field at the same time as Barber. Plus he is a world class kick returner (All American as a freshman) which shouldn't be discounted.

He can catch and block better than Mendenhall, and is better in space. I think he was just a better fit.

Only argument I see the other way is that if Barber gets hurt, Mendenhall is probably better. But then what is that everyone is saying about drafting backups?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
gbrittain;2055414 said:

That I can agree with. Same goes for Jones. They're Cowboys and I hope they blow the '***** roof off the place.

Just because I'm not thrilled about the picks doesn't mean I hope they flop so I can say "told ya so". I'd get much more enjoyment out of watchin' em light it up.

Here's to our new Boys :cheers:

gbrittain

Reaction score
skinsscalper;2055829 said:
That I can agree with. Same goes for Jones. They're Cowboys and I hope they blow the '***** roof off the place.

Just because I'm not thrilled about the picks doesn't mean I hope they flop so I can say "told ya so". I'd get much more enjoyment out of watchin' em light it up.

Here's to our new Boys :cheers:

:beer2:

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
TheCount;2055083 said:
Mike Jenkins and Felix most people can learn to deal with, taking a TE in the 2nd AGAIN after just trading away the darn TE you took in the 2nd is crazy.

Ever think that maybe Fasano was a Parcells pick all the way and Garrett and other coaches didn't think so highly of him? I have a feeling they would rate that crazy 2nd pick at tight end wayyyy above Fasano. Just a thought.

NMfan

Reaction score
With a run on the top receivers in rd 2 I also think choosing a top TE was a stop gap pick. If our receivers get hurt then you can split Witten out wide and still have a good receiving or blocking TE in the game.