Ousted Seahawks coordinator a magical fit for Cowboys

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If you cloned Bill Belichick and installed an entire coaching staff of Belichicks - the Joneses and their country club culture of living in the past would still ruin it all.

That's what many don't get and it's why I could care less who they sign or draft. The culture surrounding the entire team will not allow anyone, players or coaches, to succeed past a certain point. That point appears to be making the playoffs every 2 or 3 years when you have a 3rd place or last place schedule but not being able to win a playoff game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's not how they operate and would never happen especially since the defense was improving. Say what you will but the organization is big on loyalty and treating the coaches and players the right way. They would never do what you propose in season to a well respected coach like Marinelli.

And now the Colts benefit.

Hopefully their loyalty will get us another coach down the road.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's what many don't get and it's why I could care less who they sign or draft. The culture surrounding the entire team will not allow anyone, players or coaches, to succeed past a certain point. That point appears to be making the playoffs every 2 or 3 years when you have a 3rd place or last place schedule but not being able to win a playoff game.

We would win more games if our coaching staff didn't pigeon hole our passing game.

The culture does not matter on Sundays and I don't think Dallas has some type of awful culture.

The majority of the players are hardworking guys that go about things "the right way".

Garrett, IMO, does a good job keeping the team focused Mon-Sat.

But we get to Sundays and once plan A fails we have no plan B. Just stick to plan A.

We need better coaching on Sundays. The entire NFL culture is similar on almost every team. Dallas is just shinier then most of them.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
We don't usually make these types of signings so no, it won't happen unfortunately. I hate our defensive coaches so much.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This guy, along with Ray Horton, could bring to the D.........sign him already

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ed-Seattle-Seahawks-DC-Kris-Richard-113844331

Ousted Seattle Seahawks coordinator a magical fit for Cowboys
If the Cowboys are serious about making their budding defense one of the best in the NFL, they'll pick up the phone.

One team's loss could be a tremendous gain for the Dallas Cowboys.

The Seattle Seahawks opted to part ways with defensive coordinator Kris Richard, one of the more talented coaches in the NFL. As luck would have it, bad or otherwise, the Cowboys are currently grieving the loss of linebackers coach/passing game coordinator Matt Eberflus -- who reportedly declined the team's offer of making him defensive coordinator on his way out the door to take the same post with the Indianapolis Colts. In one fell swoop, the Cowboys are now left to find a new assistant and a future DC, considering Rod Marinelli won't be in the NFL for much longer
Lord pls yes...

Cowboys22

Reaction score
We would win more games if our coaching staff didn't pigeon hole our passing game.

The culture does not matter on Sundays and I don't think Dallas has some type of awful culture.

The majority of the players are hardworking guys that go about things "the right way".

Garrett, IMO, does a good job keeping the team focused Mon-Sat.

But we get to Sundays and once plan A fails we have no plan B. Just stick to plan A.

We need better coaching on Sundays. The entire NFL culture is similar on almost every team. Dallas is just shinier then most of them.

I see it slightly different. I thinks it's the culture surrounding the team. Whatever is going on continues to make for a talented but soft team. They are not prepared to play their best in playoff type atmospheres and seem to be easily beaten. They are like the Washington Capitals. Able to look great at times during the season but never able to turn it up a notch when needed. It has been that way through multiple coaching staffs. The coaches Jerry has hired certainly play a huge role but I just think it's goes beyond them. They are not able to create a winning environment due to other influences from the Jones family. It's just my take.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I see it slightly different. I thinks it's the culture surrounding the team. Whatever is going on continues to make for a talented but soft team. They are not prepared to play their best in playoff type atmospheres and seem to be easily beaten. They are like the Washington Capitals. Able to look great at times during the season but never able to turn it up a notch when needed. It has been that way through multiple coaching staffs. The coaches Jerry has hired certainly play a huge role but I just think it's goes beyond them. They are not able to create a winning environment due to other influences from the Jones family. It's just my take.

They can't turn it up a notch because the defense can spend about 20 minutes preparing for our pass game during the week and run our WR's routes for them.

Everyone goes on and on about New England and you watch their games and their no name WR's and RB's are wide open in space almost every play.

Brady will play till he's a 100 because he takes no hits because the ball comes out so quick.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
If you cloned Bill Belichick and installed an entire coaching staff of Belichicks - the Joneses and their country club culture of living in the past would still ruin it all.

If you truly believe this and are not just trying to troll why continue to support the Boys? Why not go be a Pats fan or something else? If you really think no move matters then you are just wasting your time and energy..tho I guess it's yours to waste.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They can't turn it up a notch because the defense can spend about 20 minutes preparing for our pass game during the week and run our WR's routes for them.

Everyone goes on and on about New England and you watch their games and their no name WR's and RB's are wide open in space almost every play.

Brady will play till he's a 100 because he takes no hits because the ball comes out so quick.

I agree with all that 100% but to me there is more going on. They could copy NE to a tee and I don't think they would be able to come close to the same success. I'm not even sure they would have any more success than they have now. There is something greater than the players and coaches that is keeping the team down. Since Jimmy left it has been the same story for 25 years even though players and coaches have come and gone. Jerry and whatever culture he has created has remained the constant. That's just how I see it. The majority of the players through that time seem to be playing for the money and the spectacle of everything it means to be a Cowboy. A select few have come and gone that seem to be playing to win but not enough to get anything done.

star-ving

Reaction score
If you truly believe this and are not just trying to troll why continue to support the Boys? Why not go be a Pats fan or something else? If you really think no move matters then you are just wasting your time and energy..tho I guess it's yours to waste.

Perhaps it's a 23 year drought that's getting to him and he's seen the same o'l ground hog day cycle as the rest of us lol. I see no problem with his opinion. I'm a lifelong fan following the team religiously and will continue to but I'm not happy happy joy joy guy. Call me a troll I guess! :confused:

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
Perhaps it's a 23 year drought that's getting to him and he's seen the same o'l ground hog day cycle as the rest of us lol. I see no problem with his opinion. I'm a lifelong fan following the team religiously and will continue to but I'm not happy happy joy joy guy. Call me a troll I guess! :confused:

Your take is thought out and completely justifiable. It's the absolutes thrown around that bother me. You can be unhappy but to sit there and say it doesn't matter what the Cowboys do with coaches the Jones's will screw it up...you are either trying to get a reaction or you like pain.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So change just to change is best? Sounds like same ol, same ol to me.
Not really. He's been here a few years. Consistently failing when we need a stop. Can't or won't adjust his scheme. Not flexible. Not creative. Thinks he can make chicken soup our of chicken turd. He can't. Consistently advises the front office of guys he wants at the draft that turn into guys who can't even make the PS( see Joey ivie etc).
His unit cost us 3 games this year .

RoboQB

Reaction score
tenor.gif

That's hilarious! A picture is worth a thousand words... more, if it moves, I think... lol

Verdict

Reaction score
This guy, along with Ray Horton, could bring to the D.........sign him already

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ed-Seattle-Seahawks-DC-Kris-Richard-113844331

Ousted Seattle Seahawks coordinator a magical fit for Cowboys
If the Cowboys are serious about making their budding defense one of the best in the NFL, they'll pick up the phone.

One team's loss could be a tremendous gain for the Dallas Cowboys.

The Seattle Seahawks opted to part ways with defensive coordinator Kris Richard, one of the more talented coaches in the NFL. As luck would have it, bad or otherwise, the Cowboys are currently grieving the loss of linebackers coach/passing game coordinator Matt Eberflus -- who reportedly declined the team's offer of making him defensive coordinator on his way out the door to take the same post with the Indianapolis Colts. In one fell swoop, the Cowboys are now left to find a new assistant and a future DC, considering Rod Marinelli won't be in the NFL for much longer

Why did Seattle part with him?

Verdict

Reaction score

You don't think Jerry was the same as he is now in the 90s?