Out of curiousity: What is the recipe for the Cowboys clinching a playoff berth

mmohican29

Reaction score
REGARDLESS of the Philadelphia game. Does anyone know if it's feasible or totally impossible? Or totally possible? I'm not scared of Philly but I'd rather not have to stress and go out there and clean their clocks anyway.:eek::

Batman

Reaction score
It is simple, play like we did against the Giants. We do that and we might not lose again until the 2009 season. The team that played last night, I do not think any NFL team could be the Cowboys if they play like that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If Atl and TB lose and we beat Balt then we are in. You're looking at three events all happening. I think TB is at home and they don't have a tough schedule. Atl has to play MN though. Hope they lose.

We may very well HAVE to win out.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
mmohican29;2498765 said:
REGARDLESS of the Philadelphia game. Does anyone know if it's feasible or totally impossible? Or totally possible? I'm not scared of Philly but I'd rather not have to stress and go out there and clean their clocks anyway.:eek::

Unless Philly loses between now and the time we play them, it will come down to us beating Philly in the last game more than likely. The winner will be in and the loser out.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I'm gonna say

1. We beat Ravens to go 10-5
2. Both Falcons and Bucs lose to go to 9-6 ( we own tiebreaker against Bucs)
3. Eagles lose to go to 8-6-1
4. Bears lose to go 8-7 (may or may not factor in)

That would allow us to clinch a spot, I think

Boysboy

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2498776 said:
I'm gonna say

1. We beat Ravens to go 10-5
2. Both Falcons and Bucs lose to go to 9-6 ( we own tiebreaker against Bucs)
3. Eagles lose to go to 8-6-1
4. Bears lose to go 8-7 (may or may not factor in)

That would allow us to clinch a spot, I think

Falcons and Bucs could very well lose next week-the Falcons play against a Minny team w/o Pat Williams(he's injured for 2-6 weeks), and the Bucs play a San Diego team who's coach(Norv) pulls out his best coaching performances when his tail is on the line.

tecolote

Reaction score
Boysboy;2498804 said:
Falcons and Bucs could very well lose next week-the Falcons play against a Minny team w/o Pat Williams(he's injured for 2-6 weeks), and the Bucs play a San Diego team who's coach(Norv) pulls out his best coaching performances when his tail is on the line.

We would also need Chicago to lose one of their remaining games.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Ozzu;2498773 said:
Unless Philly loses between now and the time we play them, it will come down to us beating Philly in the last game more than likely. The winner will be in and the loser out.

someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think if we win on Saturday and then Eagles, Falcons and Bucs lose, we are in.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2498834 said:
someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think if we win on Saturday and then Eagles, Falcons and Bucs lose, we are in.

That's true, but I don't see the Skins beating the Eagles. They're going down the toilet right now and the Eagles are playing well.

kai cyr

Reaction score
jobberone;2498771 said:
If Atl and TB lose and we beat Balt then we are in. You're looking at three events all happening. I think TB is at home and they don't have a tough schedule. Atl has to play MN though. Hope they lose.

We may very well HAVE to win out.

Not music to my ears. I fear we'll lay an egg one of these games and miss the playoffs.:(

The Panch

Reaction score
Ozzu;2498796 said:
Either one of those, I'm pretty confident we'd roll.
The difference is, the Vikings are a contender and there's no point in making it harder on ourselves by going up against the potential MVP of the league and a dominant D-line.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
kai cyr;2498840 said:
Not music to my ears. I fear we'll lay an egg one of these games and miss the playoffs.:(

If we lay an egg with our season on the line, we don't deserve to get in. We need to win out.

grp05

Reaction score
Ozzu;2498856 said:
If we lay an egg with our season on the line, we don't deserve to get in. We need to win out.

Parcells would always say "You're exactly as good as your record," or something like that.

Bottom line, playoff worthy teams make the playoffs. If we don't make the playoffs, we don't deserve to be there.

That said, I think we'll be alright.

newera

Reaction score
correct me if im wrong but, if 1) we win, 2) Bucs lose, 3) eagles lose. wouldnt we be guranteed at least the 6th seed because we would own the tiebreaker with TB and they would be sitting at 9-6 and us at 10-5 with one game left?

Edit: I believe we need a bears loss or tie as well

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
grp05;2498866 said:
Parcells would always say "You're exactly as good as your record," or something like that.

Bottom line, playoff worthy teams make the playoffs. If we don't make the playoffs, we don't deserve to be there.

That said, I think we'll be alright.

circular does not begin to describe that argument

irony of course is that the year we got in at 8-8, many said we did not deserve to be there.

LonghornDub

Reaction score
Boysboy;2498804 said:

I'm trying to figure out why you cited Minny's best D-lineman being out as a reason why the Falcons are going to lose to them. :confused:

Boysboy

Reaction score
LonghornDub;2498901 said:
I'm trying to figure out why you cited Minny's best D-lineman being out as a reason why the Falcons are going to lose to them. :confused:

Sorry about that-got lost in my own confusion. To clarify-they're playing in Minny...with or w/o Pat Williams, winning in the Metrodome will be pretty hard, especially for a rookie QB.