Out of curiousity: What is the recipe for the Cowboys clinching a playoff berth

Coy

Reaction score
percyhoward;2499535 said:
kmd pretty much proved the Bears can't catch us , though.

But they could end up hurting us in different tie breaker scenarios.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Coy;2499621 said:

Only one scenario -- us, Chicago and Tampa Bay all tied for the final wild card spot at 10-6. Tampa Bay would get it, even though we would own the two-team tiebreaker over both of them.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Coy;2499621 said:
My bad.

So the Bears losing their last game at the Texans, the Falcons losing their next game at Minny, and the Bucs losing at home this Sunday vs. San Diego.

That third game would be the tough one, but still seems more likely than Philly losing to the Skins.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
So, from what I'm reading, if we win and 3 of the 4 teams competing with us - Philly, Atlanta, TB and Chicago - lose, then we're in this week.

On the other hand, if TB and Atlanta win this weekend, Philly would essentially be done, given that Atlanta and TB have virtual gimmes next weekend.

alancdc

Reaction score
jobberone;2498771 said:
If Atl and TB lose and we beat Balt then we are in. You're looking at three events all happening. I think TB is at home and they don't have a tough schedule. Atl has to play MN though. Hope they lose.

We may very well HAVE to win out.

I wouldn't bet on TB beating SD even at home. SD still, believe it or not, has a shot at the AFC West. They play at 1 Sunday and Denver plays at 4 so they will be playing for a spot still. Brooks might now be able to go for TB as well. My question is that if Tampa and Atlanta lost this week what happens. What if the Eagles win out. If we end up 10-6 with Tampa and ATL what happens. The Eagles would be 10-5-1 and they would be in right? I think TB and Atl lost this week, but Atl wins next week.

Coy

Reaction score
alancdc;2499784 said:
I wouldn't bet on TB beating SD even at home. SD still, believe it or not, has a shot at the AFC West. They play at 1 Sunday and Denver plays at 4 so they will be playing for a spot still. Brooks might now be able to go for TB as well. My question is that if Tampa and Atlanta lost this week what happens. What if the Eagles win out. If we end up 10-6 with Tampa and ATL what happens. The Eagles would be 10-5-1 and they would be in right? I think TB and Atl lost this week, but Atl wins next week.[/QUOTE]

If this happens and the Bears lose 1 of their 2 remaining games we are in.
Eagles #5
owboys #6

kmd24

Reaction score
alancdc;2499784 said:
I wouldn't bet on TB beating SD even at home.

There's a stat that says that west coast teams travelling to the eastern time zone for a 1:00 game have a miserable record, but that includes the 49ers, Seattle, and Oakland, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
alancdc;2499784 said:
I wouldn't bet on TB beating SD even at home. SD still, believe it or not, has a shot at the AFC West. They play at 1 Sunday and Denver plays at 4 so they will be playing for a spot still. Brooks might now be able to go for TB as well. My question is that if Tampa and Atlanta lost this week what happens. What if the Eagles win out. If we end up 10-6 with Tampa and ATL what happens. The Eagles would be 10-5-1 and they would be in right? I think TB and Atl lost this week, but Atl wins next week.

That's been answered many times. If we end up in a tie with TB and ATL then we're in. TB gets the nod over ATL and we would then get the nod over TB. But if we beat BAL and PHIL then we would knock the Eagle out and guarantee us the fifth seed.

I think we beat Balt. I'm not as confident about Phil but I still think we beat them.

alancdc

Reaction score
kmd24;2499836 said:
There's a stat that says that west coast teams travelling to the eastern time zone for a 1:00 game have a miserable record, but that includes the 49ers, Seattle, and Oakland, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

You are right, but you are also right that I don't ever remember this being a big deal when these teams were actually good. SD, I believe, got a BIG lift this week the way they won. I think Rivers and co. go there and win. Garcia is hurt, and they can't score. Anyway, maybe it is more hope than anything, but if SD had lost last week I would not feel the same way!

l0ngsh0t

Reaction score
It doesnt matter what TB, or Chicago does.

An atl loss, and phili loss get us in.