Outside this board, the Cowboys are getting some good grades for this draft

CCBoy

Reaction score
It really comes down to Hill.

They put a lot of faith in Marinelli being able to work with this kid. If it's a hit, great. But if this turns out like Taco, this will likely end up being a poor draft class for us.

I suspect McGovern will be just fine and give us a competent OL. Pollard? Who knows.

After that, it's a crap shoot and history tells us if we get one or two depth players out of that bunch drafted 4th and later, we've done OK at that aspect of the draft.

Just for the record, I'll be watching this kid in camp...and he'll be my 'special cat' going in. But I'll also be watching the response and play of Taco, in the amount of intensity that will be apparent in the defensive line members now!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
As always, teams have that black cloud of injuries to look forward to.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Just for the record, I'll be watching this kid in camp...and he'll be my 'special cat' going in. But I'll also be watching the response and play of Taco, in the amount of intensity that will be apparent in the defensive line members now!
I think there was more to his injuries than fans consider. IMO.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think there was more to his injuries than fans consider. IMO.
Good point...and the number of shoulder injuries by Cowboys' players was pretty high. A degree of indication to the intensity levels that they try to maintain.

A lot was cleaned up this off season. Doc was busy...

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good point...and the number of shoulder injuries by Cowboys' players was pretty high. A degree of indication to the intensity levels that they try to maintain.

A lot was cleaned up this off season. Doc was busy...
You're right, a few have had shoulder issues.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah. He had shoulder surgery in January, I'm not sure how long he may have played with the injury but he missed 3 games.

The only problem here is that his pro career has tracked much like his college career where he was more Jane than Tarzan. Even after his 10 sack last season at UM people still wondered if given his raw talents he should have been more dominant in college.

The Cowboys took a flier on him because he had the measurables and they believed they could mold him.

Maybe he still might develop but I think this is trending where they took a flier on an uber talented kid and he just didn't have "it". I'll be happy if we just get a competent backup DE out of him at this point.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
All Drafts are TBD. Can't accurately grade a draft until years down the road.

Not that difficult to understand, but apparently it is for some.
Actually it is such a basic and so easy to understand and such an agreed upon concept that to constantly point it out every time a draft occurs or is discussed before or after is totally useless. It is a given upon which all people agree and base our comments within. Imagine ESPN and the NFL draft didnt cover the draft but just posted a list the next day online and moved on. Imagine all football boards like this devoid of draft discussion. How weird would that be? We all know the caveat but we do not need to keep saying it. Can you understand that?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The only problem here is that his pro career has tracked much like his college career where he was more Jane than Tarzan. Even after his 10 sack last season at UM people still wondered if given his raw talents he should have been more dominant in college.

The Cowboys took a flier on him because he had the measurables and they believed they could mold him.

Maybe he still might develop but I think this is trending where they took a flier on an uber talented kid and he just didn't have "it". I'll be happy if we just get a competent backup DE out of him at this point.
All I'm saying is there is a lot of criticism of him and almost no mention of his shoulder. I'm not saying that he's going to be great, but there are a lot of fans calling him a bust who didn't even know he had surgery or played injured.

Falco78

Reaction score
Some people on this forum are delusional and hate anything this team does that doesnt fit what they want the team to do.

This draft was very good. It filled a need at 3tech depth at the OL and probably a starter nest yr at G or C if Frederick cant go anymore. And then shored up depth and added more depth in other places. This FO knows what its doing. And some of you just need to know your role as a fan instead of a armchair GM.

This is one of the best rosters in the NFL
Top 80% roster

DBOY3141

Reaction score

Green Bay just did the same thing with Gary. Wonder what's up with the Wolverine program.