Outside this board, the Cowboys are getting some good grades for this draft

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Great draft!

Yep, we all agree with that.
Hill was a homerun as BPA and need. No one can complain there. The of the Day was the BPA with a 3rd pick for a second round grade. Again no complaints.

A position of need was a RB. Not only did they draft one. They actually drafted a player that can run flat out and ball. He runs like a jet pack is strapped to his back.

No complaints from me with the players. I tip my hat to the Jones family, Garrett, the scouts and Wil McClay.

Thank Goodness those guys did not waste a pick on a punter, kicker or TE like a few teams. Dallas did not throw away any pick. Yippee!

Invested in the trenches and infusion depth on both lines wins Superbowls.

BRAVO!!!

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Each of the NFL.com analysts gave the Cowboys an A for their second day picks:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...quicksnap-grades-for-every-team-through-day-2

Pete Prisco is also giving solid grades. He especially loved the Hill pick.
Some people on this forum are delusional and hate anything this team does that doesnt fit what they want the team to do.

This draft was very good. It filled a need at 3tech depth at the OL and probably a starter nest yr at G or C if Frederick cant go anymore. And then shored up depth and added more depth in other places. This FO knows what its doing. And some of you just need to know your role as a fan instead of a armchair GM.

This is one of the best rosters in the NFL

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Today I cant give better than a C+, but it could prove to be an A+ draft down the road. Just not what I wanted or expected or would have done at literally any of the picks.

They're Cowboys now though, so I support them. If the class is a bomb it's on the team not the players.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well then it’s a good thing I gave two examples, huh?

I give the draft a B+ personally.

Any draft without a first round pick is impossible to get an A. So basically, they got incredible value with every pick and they aced the draft?

Like I said, you seem to be a big fan of just about anything the Cowboys do.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Each of the NFL.com analysts gave the Cowboys an A for their second day picks:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...quicksnap-grades-for-every-team-through-day-2

Pete Prisco is also giving solid grades. He especially loved the Hill pick.
This board is infected with whiners. They live for coming here every day and *****ing about something. The draft is like red meat to them. They are going to complain about just anyone the Cowboys drafted. It started immediately after the 1st pick. They will continue to whine until the player shuts them up. Then they will silently slither back under there rock until the next opportunity comes by, I.e. the next move by the FO. It’s as predictable as the sunset.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Any draft without a first round pick is impossible to get an A. So basically, they got incredible value with every pick and they aced the draft?

Like I said, you seem to be a big fan of just about anything the Cowboys do.

Haha. You apply your rules to my grade and then yell at me for not satisfying them. I’ve met opposing counsel that make similar arguments. They don’t do well in court.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I would give us a high C because I'm not sure if we'll have a lot of starting players in this draft. But it's still not a terrible draft overall. It mostly did what it needed to do.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Not really. A grade is a summation of an opinion, a highlight of a discussion. There is no real difference. Both are means to communicate a thought.
All Drafts are TBD. Can't accurately grade a draft until years down the road.

Not that difficult to understand, but apparently it is for some.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I give this draft a solid B. My favorite picks are McGovern and two Jacksons. Also like the two backs to create competition behind Zeke.

I hope to be proven wrong about the Trysten Hill pick. I feel better about him than I did before reading the full story about his fall from grace at UCF. But the Cowboys had better know what they're doing with him when they could have had any of those excellent safeties.