Overrated Prospects

cnuball21

Reaction score
Biadasz is just not good enough; all pros on both sides of him and he still regressed
Someone like Frazier who has been nothing but a center for four years should be able to come in and do better
Tyler B is an average starter…I’m all for drafting the next guy I just worry about counting on a rookie in win now mode….even if it’s C1.

1942willys

Reaction score
Tyler B is an average starter…I’m all for drafting the next guy I just worry about counting on a rookie in win now mode….even if it’s C1.
weak in the middle will probably prevent us from doing much anyway.
He is not good enough for when the games are at the toughest which are playoff games.
so we will fail anyway; but we have a better chance with a better center which one of the top prospects have a decent shot to be

cnuball21

Reaction score
weak in the middle will probably prevent us from doing much anyway.
He is not good enough for when the games are at the toughest which are playoff games.
so we will fail anyway; but we have a better chance with a better center which one of the top prospects have a decent shot to be
Agree…just not sure if a rookie C will be an upgrade year 1 and we need it right now.

1942willys

Reaction score
Agree…just not sure if a rookie C will be an upgrade year 1 and we need it right now.
the weakness at center is a problem RIGHT NOW
and sad fact is that there is nothing in FA that would really help much
no way Jerry is going to trade for one even if one were to be available
so by process of elimination that means drafting a top center

1942willys

Reaction score
We have to make a change there; we cannot continue to be weak in the middle

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm not normally a fan of the big bodied WRs that have "separation" as a weakness in the scouting report...I struggle with Keon Coleman for that reason. Don't see him as a 1st rounder.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm not normally a fan of the big bodied WRs that have "separation" as a weakness in the scouting report...I struggle with Keon Coleman for that reason. Don't see him as a 1st rounder.
I like Legette as a 3rd rounder if he drops. I think he can develop and has WR 1/2 potential.

I still like Tolbert but am not sure he has that same potential.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I like Legette as a 3rd rounder if he drops. I think he can develop and has WR 1/2 potential.

I still like Tolbert but am not sure he has that same potential.
Oh man I LOVE Leggette…I think he’s going to test better than Coleman and was more productive in the SEC.

I would consider him in a trade back or obviously in the 2nd…but I’m higher on him than most.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Main reason I wasn’t high on Quentin Johnston last year.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Main reason I wasn’t high on Quentin Johnston last year.
I actually liked him ok…didnt have issues with separation due to his quickness for his size he just has stone hands which has been a struggle for him so far.

1942willys

Reaction score
I actually liked him ok…didnt have issues with separation due to his quickness for his size he just has stone hands which has been a struggle for him so far.
FIRST requirement for a WR is to catch the ball
He showed problems with that in College and so far no change

Malhavoc

Reaction score
And not a good route runner either.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The combine will cause a lot prospects to become overrated because of what they do in shorts and tee shirts instead of in actual games.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The combine will cause a lot prospects to become overrated because of what they do in shorts and tee shirts instead of in actual games.
Shouldn’t let the numbers move a player too much…just want to validate what you see on tape or answer questions.

A lot more important for more of the fringe and non 1st rounders IMO.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Oh man I LOVE Leggette…I think he’s going to test better than Coleman and was more productive in the SEC.

I would consider him in a trade back or obviously in the 2nd…but I’m higher on him than most.
I think at worst Leggette can ultimately match in 2-3 seasons what Gallup was at his best (and healthy). YAC monster.

Last edited:

J-man

Reaction score
Jayden Daniels for sure.
And this will be a bit unpopular but I'd say Chop Robinson is a little overrated. Not to say he isn't a good, solid player, it's just that he always left me underwhelmed. I think a comp for him is Marcus Spears. He's good overall but there's nothing flashy or dominate about him.