Overrated Prospects

Sydla

Reaction score
Caleb Williams
This is the first name that popped in my head. I think he'll be a pretty good QB, but talk about him being a generational guy, I don't know. I think the floor is pretty low for him. I saw him play a few times in college, including the ND game, where the ND defense just had him totally confused, etc. I am going to say he gives me some Manziel vibes. Not the character or personality, but how he plays.

1942willys

Reaction score
Man I’d disagree with that take…they aren’t perfect by any means but in some classes they’d be top 20 locks. The fact they are realistic options at 24 is epic due to the strength of this OT class.
I think the class depth is there but truly great prospects at OT are not there this year. I think maybe in the second rd though
I would be happy to see a Center in rd 1 and a Tackle in Rd 2 but I know that would never happen

Carson

Reaction score
Man I’d disagree with that take…they aren’t perfect by any means but in some classes they’d be top 20 locks. The fact they are realistic options at 24 is epic due to the strength of this OT class.
I hear what youre saying man.

All players have flaws, but I feel like it’s worth re-signing Tyron.

Mims is so raw and inexperienced

I feel Guyton is a RT

Morgan I feel 24 is high as well.

Im no professional scout and wrong about 98% of the time lol. Just my two cents

1942willys

Reaction score
Actually, I like Frazier a lot because he has a lot of college experience at center; started 47 games. He is strictly a center which I want. This flexibility obsession the boys have is sometimes stupid.

1942willys

Reaction score
I really would not mind trading out of the first; I do not see a lot there that to me is worth a first that we are likely to get.

Carson

Reaction score
Actually, I like Frazier a lot because he has a lot of college experience at center; started 47 games. He is strictly a center which I want. This flexibility obsession the boys have is sometimes stupid.
He’s is climbing! Dont think he goes higher than late 20s

RS12

Reaction score
So much of what happens to a player depends on where he gets drafted. If for example Brock Bowers ended up with Sean McVay, Shanahan, or Andy Reid as HC, I think he would become a star. Not loving the HC situations for QBs who get picked by Chi, Wash, or NE. As far as some of these OTs go, let me ask, what is the success rate for guys who try and transition for RT in college to LT at the pro level? Tyron did but there are plenty that havent. The problem with drafting at 24 is, no matter what, there will be warts.

Carson

Reaction score
So much of what happens to a player depends on where he gets drafted. If for example Brock Bowers ended up with Sean McVay, Shanahan, or Andy Reid as HC, I think he would become a star. Not loving the HC situations for QBs who get picked by Chi, Wash, or NE. As far as some of these OTs go, let me ask, what is the success rate for guys who try and transition for RT in college to LT at the pro level? Tyron did but there are plenty that havent. The problem with drafting at 24 is, no matter what, there will be warts.
Its been said like wiping your butt with the opposite hand lol

I know Wirfs, Orlando Brown and Tyron are a few. But it’s tough

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
MountaineerCowboy wants us to take Nix at 24. Thinks he's as good a prospect as Herbert. Said he played better than Herbert in the same system.

Nevermind, Herbert and Nix played for two different HCs and two different OCs at UO. LOL.
Herbert is 6'6" 236 lbs. 25 years old (March 1998), played multiple sports in high school. He threw for 10,541 yards and 95 TDs in 43 college games.

Nix is 6'2" 217 lbs and is already 24, today actually (February 2000), meaning that while Herbert is just 2 years older and has already played 4 NFL seasons.

Nix threw for 15,352 yards and 113 TDs in 61 games (18 more than Herbert). Nix is going to get a GM fired. He's Mac Jones.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think the class depth is there but truly great prospects at OT are not there this year. I think maybe in the second rd though
I would be happy to see a Center in rd 1 and a Tackle in Rd 2 but I know that would never happen
I think you just have to keep perspective considering the strength of the class. I think there are 5/6 legit 1st round OTs…granted some might project to G but class is still loaded. Outside of the big 3 Alt, Olu, Filaga there are some different flavors of guys but still think they are great prospects.

Guyton is oozing with traits but a little raw. The UGA and Bama kids are mammoth maulers that need to refine their hands and feet a little. Morgan and The Wash kid have awesome tape but might lack length.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we saw 6/7 go in the 1st.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I hear what youre saying man.

All players have flaws, but I feel like it’s worth re-signing Tyron.

Mims is so raw and inexperienced

I feel Guyton is a RT

Morgan I feel 24 is high as well.

Im no professional scout and wrong about 98% of the time lol. Just my two cents
I’d 100% re-sign Tyron. Not because I don’t think these kids warrant a first round pick I just don’t want to count on rookies in win now mode.

Same goes for C.

cnuball21

Reaction score
So true about success depending on team fit and coaching.

1942willys

Reaction score
I’d 100% re-sign Tyron. Not because I don’t think these kids warrant a first round pick I just don’t want to count on rookies in win now mode.

Same goes for C.
Biadasz is just not good enough; all pros on both sides of him and he still regressed
Someone like Frazier who has been nothing but a center for four years should be able to come in and do better