Twitter: Overshown only 18 snaps

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He is far from the only one, but he was horrible in the run game against NO, struggled with any block that came his way. Guy is a legitimate weapon to use on passing downs but I do see why Zim plays Clark in base packages. With Lamar Jackson this week I wouldnt be surprised if Zim forces Overshown on the field though.

coult44

Reaction score
He is far from the only one, but he was horrible in the run game against NO, struggled with any block that came his way. Guy is a legitimate weapon to use on passing downs but I do see why Zim plays Clark in base packages. With Lamar Jackson this week I wouldnt be surprised if Zim forces Overshown on the field though.
I think completely opposite.
I think he will spy Jackson like he did Watson.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How many did Luepke have? Member when Jerry said he was going to be a big part of the offense? 0 carries this season and 2 catches for 19 yards. Maybe he can play LB.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think completely opposite.
I think he will spy Jackson like he did Watson.
I would agree with you. It'll be interesting to see what Zimmer does if they run out a ton of 12 and 21 personnel like the Saints did though. Thats where Overshown has been bad is against those heavy fronts.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Clark is the strong side linebacker in base. Overshown is a weak side linebacker. The Notre Dame kid is getting the snaps over Overshown. Clark and Kendricks have nothing to do with Overshown.

wecasa

Reaction score
Maybe Zim knew the dt's are absolute dog !@#$ and didn't want him blown up....

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
This is the thing no one is watching how in the 18 snaps he had he was straight up ineffective getting blown off the ball

exciter

Reaction score
Is 6-3 245 and 6-3- 235 small.

I guess 235 might be a little light , but not by much
235?
Overshown’s playing weight in college was 218.
Even if he hit the 230 he claimed prior to the season he burned most of that off during camp. Eye test says he’s hovering around 220 with rocks in his pockets. There’s no way you can look at that player on the screen and reasonably believe he’s 235!

exciter

Reaction score

definitely a head scratcher. he should be with the 1s.
:huh:

Not a head scratcher at all, his size and inexperience relegates him to the coverage WiLL LB as evidenced by his overrunning and filling the wrong gap multiple times in his 18 snaps vs NO. As he gets more experience in practice and shows more competence in the film room he may eventually overcome his size limitations and become an every down WiLL but currently he ain’t ready!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
235?
Even if he hit the 230 he claimed prior to the season he burned most of that off during camp. Eye test says he’s hovering around 220 with rocks in his pockets. There’s no way you can look at that player on the screen and reasonably believe he’s 235!
maybe its me, but put a team in pads on my tv and i can't tell 220 from 235.

i don't think he'll ever dominate, but i do think he has a strong career as a solid player ahead of him.

this whole 18 snaps thing in a game where the entire team was MIA notwithstanding.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Clark is the strong side linebacker in base. Overshown is a weak side linebacker. The Notre Dame kid is getting the snaps over Overshown. Clark and Kendricks have nothing to do with Overshown.
I know that's what the depth chart says, but I'm not sure its completely accurate. I can find numerous examples of Overshown and Liufau on the field together, zero of Overshown and Clark from this weeks game. It seems like Zimmer is playing either Overshown or Clark, but not both.

I could be wrong on this part and may just be slow to figure out what they are doing, but I'm not seeing any real traditional strong side vs weak side roles on this defense either....at least when they run a 4-3. Not even series to series but play to play these guys seem to swap LB roles. Sometimes Liufau lines up weak side, sometimes he is right on top of the Y, sometimes hes set up as a traditional SAM.

exciter

Reaction score
maybe its me, but put a team in pads on my tv and i can't tell 220 from 235.

i don't think he'll ever dominate, but i do think he has a strong career as a solid player ahead of him.

this whole 18 snaps thing in a game where the entire team was MIA notwithstanding.
Bell played at 215 last season. He looks much more comparable standing next to Bell than he does standing next to Clarke 240!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is 6-3 245 and 6-3- 235 small.

I guess 235 might be a little light , but not by much
I’m not gonna lie week one when I saw him and his number I’m like he looks similar in size to Gallup lol. 235 isn’t bad he’s a slender guy so it doesn’t look like it would someone two inches shorter. That’s about 30 more pounds than Marquise Bell last season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
235?
what are you a guess the weight carnival act???? circus and clown is the closer description of many of fans opinions in here. LMAO you know by your eye exactly how much he weighs??!! GTFOHwith that nonsense. if he says he gained weight he did..

OH BTW 218 lmao also WRONG good try,,229 listed in college and the combine and he worked out and rehabbed a lot and gained 5-10 lbs easily hes 235..yes hes taller at 6'3 looks slender doesn't change a thing ,,your eyes LIE and so does your memory of his weight..hes always been a LB-S hybrid but listed lb and never at 218!!

hey try harder to be wrong