Twitter: Overshown only 18 snaps

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bell played at 215 last season. He looks much more comparable standing next to Bell than he does standing next to Clarke 240!
maybe. ive lost 120 lbs over the last few years (a lot this year) and im still getting used to seeing differences.

some people can - its just harder for me.

exciter

Reaction score
what are you a guess the weight carnival act???? circus and clown is the closer description of many of fans opinions in here. LMAO you know by your eye exactly how much he weighs??!! GTFOHwith that nonsense. if he says he gained weight he did..

OH BTW 218 lmao also WRONG good try,,229 listed in college and the combine and he worked out and rehabbed a lot and gained 5-10 lbs easily hes 235..yes hes taller at 6'3 looks slender doesn't change a thing ,,your eyes LIE and so does your memory of his weight..hes always been a LB-S hybrid but listed lb and never at 218!!

hey try harder to be wrong
Lol,
His initial training camp weight listed him at 220. Sports reference listed his college weight at 218. Putting on 9lbs for the combine because he wanted to work out as LB instead of a safety is meaningless if he can’t hold that weight after 3 weeks of practice. Bell is also 6’3… they could switch uniforms and no one would decern the difference. But hey, you want to believe fairy tales that the sticks running around out there is currently 235 that’s your prerogative just realize it’s about as believable as multi colored flying unicorns!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully Parsons can keep his hands on Jackson and get him on the ground. He missed at least two sacks against Watson in the opener. He had his hands on him and allowed him to get away. If that happens against Jackson he’ll be off to the races.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol,
His initial training camp weight listed him at 220. Sports reference listed his college weight at 218. Putting on 9lbs for the combine because he wanted to work out as LB instead of a safety is meaningless if he can’t hold that weight after 3 weeks of practice. Bell is also 6’3… they could switch uniforms and no one would decern the difference. But hey, you want to believe fairy tales that the sticks running around out there is currently 235 that’s your prerogative just realize it’s about as believable as multi colored flying unicorns!
i don't care what they listen to that he's 229 in college and the combine
he said he put on weight ill believe him over your EYE lmao. why don't you go call up the guy and make him meet you somewhere with a scale go ahead. I dare you!! . Let me know how that works out

Creeper

Reaction score
Seems to me the guy who looked the best in week 1 should be on the field and should play himself off the field rather than taking him off the field because of some plan.

And some one brought up Luepke. He had only 2 receptions last week but looked like a good outlet option. with Fergusons missing why not get Luepke more involved. Seems like the Cowboysreally had a bad day all around. The players and the coaches.

exciter

Reaction score
i don't care what they listen to that he's 229 in college and the combine
he said he put on weight ill believe him over your EYE lmao. why don't you go call up the guy and make him meet you somewhere with a scale go ahead. I dare you!! . Let me know how that works out
Lol,
Because you say so!!!
Even if you vigorously stomped your wittle foot hard enough it wouldn’t be true.
But hey, you say so!

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He is far from the only one, but he was horrible in the run game against NO, struggled with any block that came his way. Guy is a legitimate weapon to use on passing downs but I do see why Zim plays Clark in base packages. With Lamar Jackson this week I wouldnt be surprised if Zim forces Overshown on the field though.
All the LB struggled & mostly due to poor DT play. If non of your DT can command a double team--or worse getting beat quickly on a single, it frees up OL to get on the 2nd level and block the LBs.

O was not in the base package and is why his snap count was so low. Zim's explanation is that we is still coming on and will be included more going forward.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I know that's what the depth chart says, but I'm not sure its completely accurate. I can find numerous examples of Overshown and Liufau on the field together, zero of Overshown and Clark from this weeks game. It seems like Zimmer is playing either Overshown or Clark, but not both.

I could be wrong on this part and may just be slow to figure out what they are doing, but I'm not seeing any real traditional strong side vs weak side roles on this defense either....at least when they run a 4-3. Not even series to series but play to play these guys seem to swap LB roles. Sometimes Liufau lines up weak side, sometimes he is right on top of the Y, sometimes hes set up as a traditional SAM.
Clark only played in the base defense. Clark and sometimes Micah are the strong side linebackers. I have never seen Overshown play Clark’s position. Don’t over complicate it, Overshown is the nickel linebacker and back up weakside linebacker.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Lol,
Because you say so!!!
Even if you vigorously stomped your wittle foot hard enough it wouldn’t be true.
But hey, you say so!
dude, the combine weigh in is on live tv and of course there is a record of it; and there are literally a hundred people there watching as each prospect is weighed and measured. The 229 was his weight there; and that is the only absolutely reliable weight we have on him.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Clark only played in the base defense. Clark and sometimes Micah are the strong side linebackers. I have never seen Overshown play Clark’s position. Don’t over complicate it, Overshown is the nickel linebacker and back up weakside linebacker.
I just dont think thats accurate at all. I'm really not trying to overcomplicate anything, I'm just going off what the film is telling me. You look at the first drive alone and Clark is getting most of his reps on the weak side. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here but what I'm seeing is:

Q1 15:00 Liufau is covering the Y and Clark is weakside backer
Q1 13:40 Micah is the SAM Clark the Will
Q1 13:02 Liufau is the SAM, Clark the Will
Q1 12:19 Liufau is the SAM, Clark the Will
Q1 11:34 Parsons/Clark both lined up strong side, looks like Hooker comes down to take WILL run responsibilities
Q1 10:55 Clark is the SAM, Liufau the Will

Go the Q3 7:21 and you'll see Overshown, Kendricks, and Liufau all in the game together and multiple snaps after that. I didnt see a single snap with Overshown/Clark on the field at the same time. On that snap at 7:21 Overshown seems to be lined up strong side as well.

Very possible I have some errors in my charting and Zim may look at determining strength differently than I am. Typically its all determined by the OL, where is the TE, are they on or off the LOS, etc. but Zim could have different rules in there. For my purposes if its not obvious by the Os formation I'm going off which side the 3T is on.

exciter

Reaction score
dude, the combine weigh in is on live tv and of course there is a record of it; and there are literally a hundred people there watching as each prospect is weighed and measured. The 229 was his weight there; and that is the only absolutely reliable weight we have on him.
And I believe there was an article that said he put on weight to work out as a LB for the combine. By the time he weighed for the initial training camp he weighed 220. In the article this year he never said he was 235… he said he had gained 13-14lbs. If he was at the combine weight of 229 then he would be at 243. In that article he said he was 232 and hoping to make 234 by camp. 232 would put his starting point at 219… which was his college weight and initial team weigh in weight. He may have gained up to 232 but just like the 229 he gained for the combine and lost, he sure doesn’t look like he was able to maintain it through training camp!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I just dont think thats accurate at all. I'm really not trying to overcomplicate anything, I'm just going off what the film is telling me. You look at the first drive alone and Clark is getting most of his reps on the weak side. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here but what I'm seeing is:

Q1 15:00 Liufau is covering the Y and Clark is weakside backer
Q1 13:40 Micah is the SAM Clark the Will
Q1 13:02 Liufau is the SAM, Clark the Will
Q1 12:19 Liufau is the SAM, Clark the Will
Q1 11:34 Parsons/Clark both lined up strong side, looks like Hooker comes down to take WILL run responsibilities
Q1 10:55 Clark is the SAM, Liufau the Will

Go the Q3 7:21 and you'll see Overshown, Kendricks, and Liufau all in the game together and multiple snaps after that. I didnt see a single snap with Overshown/Clark on the field at the same time. On that snap at 7:21 Overshown seems to be lined up strong side as well.

Very possible I have some errors in my charting and Zim may look at determining strength differently than I am. Typically its all determined by the OL, where is the TE, are they on or off the LOS, etc. but Zim could have different rules in there. For my purposes if its not obvious by the Os formation I'm going off which side the 3T is on.
Brother, you working way too hard.

CWR

Reaction score
I would agree with you. It'll be interesting to see what Zimmer does if they run out a ton of 12 and 21 personnel like the Saints did though. Thats where Overshown has been bad is against those heavy fronts.
I don't know a lot about Baltimore, but having Likely and Andrews I expect to see a lot of 12 personnel.

CWR

Reaction score
Very possible, they have a good FB they can get on the field too.
Zay Flowers is a weapon as well. They are a tough out. It's more than enough trying to contain Lamar and Henry, then they have a few nice pieces in the pass game. I expect to win based on nothing other than my gut and our history of being stupidly unpredictable.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Excellent job. Can we stop the Ravens run attack????
I think they have a real chance, but obviously if they get blown off the LOS all bets are off. Baltimore has some serious holes on that Oline that Dallas should be able to exploit, Very good C and LT, but not much after that and the right side is very bad. They also dont pull and slide their line as well as New Orleans which killed the Cowboys last week as much as anything.

The interesting thing Ill be keeping an eye on is what personnel Baltimore plays and how ready Zimmer is for it. Odds are we see a lot of 2WR sets again. Overshown doesn't get in the game often against those sets, but also profiles as the perfect spy for Lamar Jackson. I think they have to find a way to get him on the field for that reason alone and put pressure on the DL to win their matchups.

Honestly if they cant stop the run this week its a massive red flag in my book. I know they have some very good skill players, but this is a very ordinary Oline. I haven't had a chance to finish the Raider/Ravens game yet, but Derrick Henry was hit in the backfield often in the 1st half of that game.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Zay Flowers is a weapon as well. They are a tough out. It's more than enough trying to contain Lamar and Henry, then they have a few nice pieces in the pass game. I expect to win based on nothing other than my gut and our history of being stupidly unpredictable.
Absolutely. The one thing I'm seeing on Zay Flowers is he is phenomenal at finding holes in the zones on those intermediate 15ish yard routes. I don't think any of these receivers are great deep threats nor is Jackson a great deep ball thrower....good power on that arm, but not very accurate down field. I hope Zimmer isnt afraid to challenge these WRs until they show they can beat us deep, that would also allow us to play with an extra man in the box.

CWR

Reaction score
Absolutely. The one thing I'm seeing on Zay Flowers is he is phenomenal at finding holes in the zones on those intermediate 15ish yard routes. I don't think any of these receivers are great deep threats nor is Jackson a great deep ball thrower....good power on that arm, but not very accurate down field. I hope Zimmer isnt afraid to challenge these WRs until they show they can beat us deep, that would also allow us to play with an extra man in the box.
Week 1 they bracketed Andrews supposedly. Only thing was Likely went off. It's not a bad tactic but you have to have the personnel to cover Likely and Flowers. I think we do. You're right Lamar's deep ball has gotten worse over time, at least statistically. I can't comment on how much of that is his prior wrs.

If we can somehow contain the run, we might be ok.