Twitter: Overshown only 18 snaps

gtb1943

Reaction score
When facing Baltimore and Jackson, you sell out to stop the run; contain jackson and make him beat you with his arm

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
He is far from the only one, but he was horrible in the run game against NO, struggled with any block that came his way. Guy is a legitimate weapon to use on passing downs but I do see why Zim plays Clark in base packages. With Lamar Jackson this week I wouldnt be surprised if Zim forces Overshown on the field though.
What is with your obsession downplaying Overshown when bums like Liufau play on this team? You’re gonna eat your words this year when he ends up being our best linebacker by the end of the season.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Bell played at 215 last season. He looks much more comparable standing next to Bell than he does standing next to Clarke 240!
229 at the combine & added weight this offseason. He was standing next to Bell on the play where he sacked Watson, made him look small. Makes Liufau look small too. Cowboys fan’s are obsessed with weight just as much as Dan Quinn is obsessed with height.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
What is with your obsession downplaying Overshown when bums like Liufau play on this team? You’re gonna eat your words this year when he ends up being our best linebacker by the end of the season.
I wont be eating my words, I believe and have said multiple times Overshown is a good player. I think we go into 2025 with a pretty good consensus that hes the best LB on this team. With that said you can still like a player and call out their flaws. All I do is watch the games and reply back to what I'm seeing when these questions come up...and I'm clearly seeing a player in Overshown who is very early in his development.

Last week after the Cleveland game I gave my thoughts on Liufau too. I said he looked like a JAG in that game.... https://cowboyszone.com/threads/any-opinions-on-marist-liafua.527059/page-2
This week I havent really commented on Liufau simply because there is already a general agreement he wasnt very good nor are threads being started about him. For that reason I really have nothing to add to the Liufau conversation.

Also as I said in the other thread if you disagree with my assessments of Overshown feel free to give me some sort of counter argument or show some plays that show im wrong. I'm always happy to go in depth on players.