Overshown out of practice with hip pointer

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Another possible Matt Johnson...
Johnson had meniscus damage and couldn't play. Overshown had an ACL reconstruction and injured another muscle in the vicinity.

IF you want to doomsay you could claim that he has the gene that makes tendons and such weaker. That at least would make sense by grandstanding the possible.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
On January 13th, 1991, Jackson is tackled from behind during a playoff game against the Cincinnati Bengals and as a result suffers a dislocated hip, causing him intense pain. At first his team and those close to him believe the injury is not a serious one; the media reports that he sustained a hip pointer.

https://www.paleycenter.org/collection/item/?item=114731#:~:text=On January 13th, 1991, Jackson,he sustained a hip pointer.
Interesting stuff but you're quoting the summary of a 30 for 30 like it somehow represents fact? I don't recall Bo ever coming out with any statement that HE thought it was a hip pointer. What's alarming though is that the team did not fully investigate the injury at the time. So maybe all involved WERE stupid enough to think it was a hip pointer. I remember watching the play at the time and thinking "Uh oh, dat don't look right.."

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not sure i can handle another fragile LB and this guy didnt get hurt at Texas.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that any little boo boo gets you sitting at TC when it is clear that you have your position on lockdown. Clark and Overshown will both start (or at least get a ton of snaps in base and other configurations).

If they tweek something, you sit them down. One few PS games means you really need to see what the potential bottom of the roster/PS guys bring.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Dude has talent but was hurt every year in college. Will only be worse with the NFL poundings. Only setting yourself up for disappointment if get too hyped over him. Let’s hope our draft pick this year lives up to his preseason billing. Not a lot of depth at LB for a team about to play them a lot more.

cowboyed

Reaction score
They are masking his real injury. During the scrimmage Overshown violently farted and herniated his disk at L5 of his spine.

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
Interesting stuff but you're quoting the summary of a 30 for 30 like it somehow represents fact? I don't recall Bo ever coming out with any statement that HE thought it was a hip pointer. What's alarming though is that the team did not fully investigate the injury at the time. So maybe all involved WERE stupid enough to think it was a hip pointer. I remember watching the play at the time and thinking "Uh oh, dat don't look right.."
Despite fracturing and dislocating his left hip, Jackson thought he had only suffered a hip pointer. After the game, he told reporters he expected to play in the AFC Championship Game the next week
Does this meet you standard?