Overshown out of practice with hip pointer

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I hope he heals quickly and learns the defense. We need all the young up and comers that are good that we can get.

elcowboi

Reaction score
Trade him to the Canadian league for a kicker. Obviously, he is a bust and will never amount to anything per this site...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
On January 13th, 1991, Jackson is tackled from behind during a playoff game against the Cincinnati Bengals and as a result suffers a dislocated hip, causing him intense pain. At first his team and those close to him believe the injury is not a serious one; the media reports that he sustained a hip pointer.

https://www.paleycenter.org/collection/item/?item=114731#:~:text=On January 13th, 1991, Jackson,he sustained a hip pointer.
Yea it sucks how sports medicine has gotten no better since 1991 ........ I bet Emmitt would be allowed to go back into a game with a separated shoulder now also.

Rayman70

Reaction score
hip pointers typically are nagging and can take a long time to come back from, depending on the initial severity. I hate this news. He might start on pup unless he can get back by that last preseason game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Willie Harvey step right up. Now I see why we went and got another LB in the mix. You just never know . Turns out to be a smart move looking back. I hope this isn't a trend with agent 0. All the content creators have been hyping this kid all offseason. I bet we shut down Overshown,keep him in bubblewrap until week 1. Thats if they don't move him to pup/IR out of caution.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Despite fracturing and dislocating his left hip, Jackson thought he had only suffered a hip pointer. After the game, he told reporters he expected to play in the AFC Championship Game the next week
Does this meet you standard?
Yes it meets my standard.. which is that every football player who ever lived thinks he can go back in as long as they don't have to amputate. But perhaps Bo truly believed he just had a hip pointer and so did the Raiders' doctors.. which makes them all idiots in my book.

plymkr

Reaction score
Hip pointers are relatively minor injuries, tho, no?

Is there a doctor in the house?!?
I had a hip pointer once. It sucked but not a big deal. Take some days off and ice/heat stuff. No biggie. One thing I had this as a college long distance runner so each step of the run was painful but it’s a slow grind on those runs. Don’t know what it’s like to run at full speed and change directions. But I’m guessing not serious for O. Speaking of O I was pretty pumped how he looked against the Rams. Can’t wait to see him in Saturday, if he plays.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Overshown was doing a good job in camp, according to all reports, so far in camp.
Let's give him time to recover & hope for the best. Hip pointers are not fatal.:thumbup:

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
Overshown was doing a good job in camp, according to all reports, so far in camp.
Let's give him time to recover & hope for the best. Hip pointers are not fatal.:thumbup:
Yup....in no way whatsoever should this be construed as a negative thing

Verdict

Reaction score
No need for that, what are you 12?
Relax. It was meant to be humorous. I didn’t expect my post to elicit a Karen reaction. I’ll also hurry off your lawn, even though I’m almost a senior citizen.