Overton got more snaps than Ogbonnia

Ogbonnia got dinged yesterday. Both are playing really well.
I'm optimistic about both guys. Not in a "these guys are going to dominate" kind of way. But more of a "this is kind of solid rotation you need".
 
Got some nice players in this draft so far. MLaw needs to take that next step now.
 
Last edited:
CP needs to get more creative. Every play looks the same.
He did change it up late we some timely blitzes at least. He needs to scheme pressure. NFL QB’s can pick anyone apart with time.
 
From the little I have seen of Overton, I think I am more hopeful about him than Malachi Lawrence. Nothing against Lawrence but Overton will take 3 years to develop and his starting point is higher than I expected when they drafted him. Don't expect too much from him this year but look for improvement year over year. He may be the best of the mid round DTs the Cowboys have drafted in recent years, including Odighizuwa. But again, he has to improve year over year.
 
Overton is a much lighter, more athletic interior player, while Ogbonnia is the traditional 320-pound nose/DT. Cowboys just favored Overton against the Texans. Plus Overton will just continue to get better which should lead to more snaps.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,146
Messages
14,669,715
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top