P.Surtain II, C.Farley & Jaycee Horn

acer941

Reaction score
Surtain by far IMO....

His Fundamentals & Techniques are The best Todd McShay has seen since he started Scouting. Those are his exact words during the National Championship.

raven55

Reaction score
Before you start talking about Farley, Why don't you do a little investigation before you put him at 10 because he has a history of injuries a mile long you don't want a top pick like LVE again do you , I have listened to the Dumbo's on the draft show they don't have a clue just like the upper management, and after watching105 Jeff picking his nose on air, they have showed me their talent. The only person of reason is Bucky Brooks, and where in the world did they get the monotone host he's makes me turn the show off every time and sadly he does the same act on talking cowboys. And little dave is showing his stupidy without Brian B. there. anyway they can write this story anyway they want and a super bowl and a nfc championship is not gonna happen. See you in 2022 same story different year.

J-man

Reaction score
If we're talking about these guys in relation to pick #10, for me I wouldn't consider Horn there, but he would be one of my targets if we traded down into the teens or twenties.

Now, to me, the choice between the other two at 10, depends on what we do in free agency.
If we sign a FA who is at least a capable starter, I'm taking Farley over Surtain as I feel his ceiling as a play-maker is higher, but he will need some time before he is ready to be an everyday starter in the NFL.
If we don't sign a good stating caliber CB in FA, then I'm taking Surtain as I feel he has the higher floor, is more technically sound and is more ready to be a day 1 starter.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Who you guys like at corner and why? I watched a little highlight tape not a lot. I do like the way Surtain & Horn turn their head and play the ball...it would be nice to have a corner who can intercept some passes.
I think reuniting Surtain with Diggs would help make the Cowboys secondary a highly productive unit and immediately improve the defense. Strong pedigree, great college coaching, know each other well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
one thing Surtain has that might be the best trait of all the top corners is AVAILABILITY. Dude is durable and tough. You have to be to play for Saban.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Horn is sticky in coverage but he uses his hands a little too much. But the size and speed seem to be there.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I think if you're playing mostly zone Surtain is the pick but if you're going to play a lot of man it's Jaycee Horn.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Patrick Surtain II - 6'2 203 lbs 4.57 (High School 40)
Caleb Farley - 6'2 207 lbs 4.37 (40)
Jaycee Horn - 6'1 205 lbs 4.42 (Lazer 40)

Byron Jones - 6'1 198lbs 4.36 (UConn Pro Day)

Surtain might be the slowest but showing the best big game ability and technique, he separates himself from the rest.