Pac 12 deadline looming?

DFWJC

Reaction score
What an epic meltdown by the Pac 12
No good decisions at every key point in the last couple of years.

As they said on Dallas radio today, "They blew a 28-3 halftime lead".
Could have gobbled up the Big 12 if they struck right when Texas/OU decided to leave but sat on their hands.

Then the Big 12 ate their lunch!

Outstanding job by the Big 12--who will continue to be a great basketball league with great baseball and okay football.

Well done

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol

Great job by the Big 12 but Raider Rabbit is way off base.
There is no universe where the Big 12 is better than the SEC
speaking of the SEC
I would i magine that the SEC is waiting to see if FSU pulls the magic rabbit from that hat so they can nab them.
I do not see the SEC letting the Big Ten keep getting name brands while they sit still.

I think if/when the ACC starts to fall apart (they already have at east seven teams wanting out now) you will see the B1G, Big 12 and SEC start gobbling them up.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It’s interesting. The Big12 stayed alive, but they are such a random and far flung group of misfits now.
They range from every corner of the country. From Arizona to Utah to Ohio/West Virginia to Florida with everything in between.
No marquis top tier football teams.

They aren’t anywhere as bad as the low level Big Sky type teams, but they are still nowhere near the big marquee teams in the SEC or Big10 either.

They needed some big name schools like USC, Florida State, Notre Dame, and Clemson.

It’s all kind of odd…. :huh:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lol

Great job by the Big 12 but Raider Rabbit is way off base.
There is no universe where the Big 12 is better than the SEC
The winning isn't about being better than the SEC.
It is about surviving and forcing OU/UT to pay up.
Survival as a P4 is very much winning. --If ACC can maintain P4 status after handling FSU/Clemson that will be them winning.

SEC was the best football conference before and it still the best football conference.
BUT they are 2nd in money to the B1G and WELL behind the B12 in basketball.

Also just a fun note that means not much but Texas Tech crushed SEC schools each of the last two Bowl seasons and last year went 3-0 versus future SEC OU/UT/Ole Miss.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Thats all a waste of time tbh.
Those schools are so insanely far apart.

Stanford's best bet is to go independent.
They have an insane endowment and can afford it.

Cal B might drop football altogether.

I feel so sorry for Oregon State and Washington State. Their conference mates have done nothing to help them find a soft landing and that sucks.

The 4 should merge with the MWC and go win games. Force way into action during the next round of realignment by dominating G5 level.

Ghost12

Reaction score
The 4 should merge with the MWC and go win games. Force way into action during the next round of realignment by dominating G5 level.
They aren't good enough to dominate at that level. A little improvement and they would complete, but certainly not "dominate".

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
speaking of the SEC
I would i magine that the SEC is waiting to see if FSU pulls the magic rabbit from that hat so they can nab them.
I do not see the SEC letting the Big Ten keep getting name brands while they sit still.

I think if/when the ACC starts to fall apart (they already have at east seven teams wanting out now) you will see the B1G, Big 12 and SEC start gobbling them up.
ESPN is out of money.
They do not have 100M per year to pay Clemson/FSU now or else Greg Sankey would be singing a very different tune.
ACC is the conf to watch for the next 48 months but I don't see the money to pay for change unless 8 ACC teams wants to go to a Saudi consortium.

Fox would add UNC/UVA to B1G but only at half shares.
FSU/Clemson could probably get same from SEC.

Notre Dame can get Stanford/Cal ACC invites but only by committing fully to the conference and they are very unlikely to do so.

T-RO

Reaction score
The sports gods have created a huge joke to embarrass the universities and their greed.

This whole conference reformulation is pure travesty. I alternate. 5% of the time I'm laughing. 95% of the time I'm yawning.