Pac Man Jones!

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Of course I'm biased being from WV. Just like most of the Oklahoma and Texas fans on here are biased.
The fact is though, Pac Man is one of the fastest rising players in the draft. It's not just MY opinion.

S. Fla Sting

Reaction score
I personally wouldnt let anybody know Im from West Virgina. The fact is yes Pac Man is rising but hes still about the 4th or 5th best CB in the draft.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I actually DAMN proud to be from West :by God" Virginia!!

I bet you've never been to WV have you? Yet you make a snide remark about my home state. By the way, Morgantown is known as the 3rd best "small city" in the USA and best East of the Mississippi! It is a growing and diverse university city(about 25,000 students) which is multi-cultural and has one of the best medical research hospitals in the country!!

I guess I must have missed where you were crowned the "draft expert"! :)
The fact is, many of the REAL experts have him as the TOP CB...like it or not.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Simple question. Will any of the CBs in this draft grade out as one of the best prospects at the CB position ever? Will any of them grade out like Sanders or Woodson did?

I think the answer to this question is no. This is the same question I asked when drafting Newman. Again, the answer was no.

Why take a CB with the 11th overall pick if there not going to be significantly better then any of the other 5 or 6 CBs coming out that will carry simular grades? Why do it? None of these guys are going to grade out on par with some of the truly great CB prospects ever.

Why do it?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
I would take Rolle or Rogers over Pac Man, dont let the name get ya.

I don't know, I'm beginning to believe the hype on Pac Man Jones. I've seen many a mock drafts having us taking him at #20. Doubt he lasts that long. But there is a lot of hype surrounding Rolle as well.

Rolle didn't have a huge season at Miami, but because he does wear the orange and green, the hype runneth over.

S. Fla Sting

Reaction score
I havent been to WV, its probably a great place. I had the oppurtunity to see Jones about 4 times this year, not impressed. I had a chance to see him in the Gator Bowl when he got worked by FSUs recievers. Im not claiming to be an expert, just giving an opinion besides my Noles recievers fACTUALLY abusing Jones.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Fair enough sting. Our Boys probably won't be drafting a CB anyways. I just hope for God's sake we draft players that can play right away and make a difference no matter WHAT POSITION they play!!

S. Fla Sting

Reaction score
I agree, we have got alot of holes to fill. Hey, buy the way that WV QB(name slips me) sure was quick in the Gator Bowl,although he had a hard time throwing the ball. Also that WR Henry?? Looks like a playmaker, just needs to lose the attitude.

Reaction score
32BellyOption said:
I actually DAMN proud to be from West :by God" Virginia!!

I bet you've never been to WV have you? Yet you make a snide remark about my home state. By the way, Morgantown is known as the 3rd best "small city" in the USA and best East of the Mississippi! It is a growing and diverse university city(about 25,000 students) which is multi-cultural and has one of the best medical research hospitals in the country!!

I guess I must have missed where you were crowned the "draft expert"! :)
The fact is, many of the REAL experts have him as the TOP CB...like it or not.

Wow, somebody is a little angry

Rogers, Rolle, & Jackson are all better corners IMO than Jones. I think Rogers is the best CB in the draft and would be a steal at 20, unless we get a FA CB.

Silverstar

Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
I think Rogers is the best CB in the draft and would be a steal at 20, unless we get a FA CB.

If you think Rogers is the best CB in the draft, why isn't he good enough to take at #11?

Even a better question...if he's so good why would he drop to #20?

:rolleyes:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The way I see it is, any corner that we would draft is going to struggle in his first year much the way Newman struggled for much of the season with the new rule changes. A perfect example was the play of highly drafted DeAngelo Hall for Atlanta, where it was talked about that he strugged a lot at times. Just don't get your hopes up if we take a corner so high in the draft. The rules changes will elevated the learning curve. Also, the knock on Rolle is that he lacks recovery speed to come back on the ball or the receiver.

ghst187

Reaction score
32BellyOption said:
Gee ghst187, sounds like you've got ALOT of opinions. I forgot, to which of the draft services are you employed?
That's the great thing about sports, EVERYBODY can have their own opinion. Right now, it looks like MANY, support my theory that Pac Man is the best CB in the draft. But you too, ghst187, can have your OPINION as well. :)

well none right now, i have a higher calling on my analytical talents but a lot of NFL teams are missing out. It is my opinion but i'm usually right.

The guys that rise in draft status AFTER the season is over = RED LIGHT.
Draft status should be determined more by production during the season rather than offseason workouts and "tangibles." Pacman didn't produce much of anything in the 3-4 games i saw. This, not to mention that I believe he and Rolle went up against the same FSU WRs. FSU WR's vs U of Miami DBs = not much. FSU WR's vs WV DBs = anything they wanted to do.
Everytime I saw Rolle play, he literally changed a game. He changed the way the offense attacked. Most didn't bother throwing to his side. He was great in run support too. Saw him deliver good hits in run support too.
Saw Marlin Jackson play quite a few times and he was inevitably locked up against the other teams best WR. He usually just made sure the guy didn't get the ball and was very effective at it. He caused a lot of good WRs great frustration. His technique is incredible, but he learned from the same U of M coaches that put out guys like Woodson and Ty Law. Good DB program.
I saw a lot of Rogers too. Teams hardly ever threw his direction and paid when they finally had to. He often was the final dagger. Rogers has just ridiculous athleticism and speed. Playmaker. Saw Pacman play, heard a lot about him, read a lot about him...didn't really notice him being a big difference maker. Same for Webster but I do know that Webster played injured all season so he gets a bit of a pass. Didn't get to see Miller play so I can't make a judgement on him but I do know that he's also a dangerous return man so he's got that added ability.
I'm pretty wary of guys who are suddenly "better" in the offseason than during the season. Some guys know how to turn it on under the lights and others have great tangibles. You take the guys who turn it on under the lights. Not saying Pacman isn't a good player, but he definitely should be in the bottom half of round 1 at best.
Guys that shoot up the boards during the combine...= overvalued.
Give me a guy like Pollack that just incessantly makes plays over a quenton jammer that shows all the combine tangibles but didn't show that much during the season anyday.

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
If you think Rogers is the best CB in the draft, why isn't he good enough to take at #11?

Even a better question...if he's so good why would he drop to #20?

:rolleyes:

Same reason Witten didn't go in the first round and Ryan Leaf did.

billyrags

Reaction score
S. Fla Sting said:
I agree, we have got alot of holes to fill. Hey, buy the way that WV QB(name slips me) sure was quick in the Gator Bowl,although he had a hard time throwing the ball. Also that WR Henry?? Looks like a playmaker, just needs to lose the attitude.

I've watched all but a few of the Mountaineer games the last 2 years and...
*QB Rasheed Marshall - This may be the last time you ever see his name again
*WR Chris Henry - A more athletic, less polished Antonio Bryant - real high strung
*CB Pacman Jones - I always hoped we might fall into him in the late first or second round, but I never thought of him as a top 10 pick. He plays with passion and competes on every play. Supports the running game. He turns his head and plays the BALL (something we all complain that our CB don't do).

I would love to see Pacman in a Cowboys uniform, but I still believe he is too much of a gamble at #11.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Would Rolle make a hell of a FS? Covers like a corner. Hits like a linebacker. I'm not saying we should draft him and change his position, but... Wouldn't he make a hell of a FS?

Did Marlin Jackson have a scrape with the law or something?

Here's to a good trade down and Josh Bullocks in the third.

ghst187

Reaction score
VACowboy said:
Did Marlin Jackson have a scrape with the law or something?

QUOTE]

yes, minor, and a spat with the coaches and then they moved him to FS but he wasn't cut out to be a FS and this year they moved him back to CB. His Jr year spent at FS hurt his draft status severely.
I don't think he'll be a problem 'tude-wise.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
bennihanna666 said:
let's face it, the cowboys need a CB and Rolle is the only one they'd take w/ #11.
NO they won't. There is not one single CB in the country good enuff to justify taking that high. That includes pac-man, rolle, and the others. :banghead: