Packers and Aaron Jones

Rayman70

Reaction score
Looks like each side might not be able to strke a deal. They are still talking but if hes cut, would you sign him? I for one am a big yes! Sign the guy that has our number before a team like Philly does.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Yep I do it. Not only because he's a dog for a running back but he's a leader which the Cowboys need more than a running back.

“Just his ability to put his foot in the ground, be explosive, make people miss,” Green Bay head coach Matt LaFleur said of Jones. “I can't say enough great things about the guy, the football player, what he means to our team, the leadership he brings."

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Paying RB's is dumb no matter who the QB is. Pollard, Henry, Jones...it doesn't matter who your talking about. You can get the same production from the draft on a rookie deal for 4 years. Put the money into the OL.
That's your opinion...if we want a ball control offense like many around here are crying about, we need a good back. What was dumb was paying a part time back like Pollard as if here were a Bell Cow back.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only reason I’d sign him is keep him from playing against us. He’s pretty much responsible for 2 early playoff exits.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What was dumb was paying a part time back like Pollard as if here were a Bell Cow back.
No that was smart. Better to tag him and not give him a long term deal.

Then draft his replacement this year and have a RB on a rookie deal.

Then you can take the comp pick for Pollard.

quickccc

Reaction score
Looks like each side might not be able to strke a deal. They are still talking but if hes cut, would you sign him? I for one am a big yes! Sign the guy that has our number before a team like Philly does.

Link please ...? :huh:

Aaron Jones flourishes in Packers offense because their coaching staff cater their scheme around his skill sets.
Our coaches simply do not do that here in Dallas with their RBs.

- Our coaches want to use our slashing speed backs far more as bell cow in-between tackle pounders ... that's not Aaron's game, ...it's not Pollard's game.

- And our coaches do not use/scheme our RBs in pass game. Coaches want them more reserve for blitz blockers
than pass catchers.
A reason why a Deuce will never stand a chance to develop and be utilized under this current coaching staff.

- What really gets me is McCarthy coached Aaron Jones from the moment he was drafted into the NFL, and even ran down our throats in previous A Rodgers days, when Mac was still in GB, ... yet Mac seems clueless & careless about the best use of our RBs.

- This seems to suggest to me that Mac just leaves & gives it up to his OC and asst. coaches to work scheme & details
to his asst. coaches (ala K.Moore, ala Schottenhemier)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

They should have let him walk, part time back coming off an injury! Yeah, how did that work out. Smart? LOL

Jayinem

Reaction score

We could have just drafted a rb last year and saved the 11 million we paid Pollard.

Aaron Jones flourishes in Packers offense because their coaching staff cater their scheme around his skill sets.

- Our coaches want to use our slashing speed backs far more as bell cow in-between tackle pounders ... that's not Aaron's game, ...it's not Pollard's game.

- And our coaches do not use/scheme our RBs in pass game. Coaches want them more reserve for blitz blockers
than pass catchers.
A reason why a Deuce will never stand a chance to develop and be utilized under this current coaching staff.

- What really gets me is McCarthy coached Aaron Jones from the moment he was drafted into the NFL, and even ran down our throats in previous A Rodgers days, when Mac was still in GB, ... yet Mac seems clueless & careless about the best use of our RBs.

- This seems to suggest to me that Mac just leaves & gives it up to his OC and asst. coaches to work scheme & details
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-agree-on-a-restructured-contract-per-report/

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Don’t sign a vet, draft a mid-rounder. Same production, way less pay, rinse and repeat every 2 - 3 years.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think he has plenty left in the tank but I also think he will not come cheap. I think RB is a spot where you can go young and cheap and still get production if you can block for him.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Bring him home!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
How many posts about running backs looking for bigger money leaving their teams do we need to see asking our fans if we wanna sign them the answer would be no the lesson was learned with Ezekiel Elliott and now even more recent Tony Pollard got $10 million to be an average running back you do not need to spend the kind of money to get a running back and that is why the giants I let him go and saquon Barkley that is why the Green Bay Packers would be willing to let Aaron Jones walking that is why there's gonna be a lot of good name big time running backs available even maybe Henry and the Raiders Jacobs these dudes are out there because their teams are gonna be smart enough not to dole out the big money for a more longer term contract...

I want the Dallas Cowboys front office to spend that kind of money on a veteran linebacker or defensive tackle or both that is in free agency should be our focus not a second or third contract running back..

It's been clear you can get that guy in the draft they need to go find a guy between the second and fourth round but I'd be all for getting a second round running back and then keep him four to five years and do that every single cycle where they come up for a second contract,,,​
apparently fans forget and haven't learned but we overpaid Elliot and we overpaid Pollard it's time to finally get some cheap studs in the draft at running back hell I maybe take one in the second round and a fourth round let's go all in find the two best backs we can in the draft...​

Rayman70

Reaction score

than pass catchers.

Just go to cbssports.com. Its on the site. I never said hes for sure leaving. Not sure why your confused. I thought I made myself clear.