Packers and Aaron Jones

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You do if you want to complement a qb like Dak.
Dak needs a good running attack to go with his passing arm. If both are intact and gobbling up yards and scores he will succeed. He is a good enough qb to get it done but he needs help and a running game is key. I don't hate Dak I'm just over losing in the playoffs. Give the man this help and we should do much better this season.

quickccc

Reaction score
Looks like each side might not be able to strke a deal. They are still talking but if hes cut, would you sign him? I for one am a big yes! Sign the guy that has our number before a team like Philly does.

Just go to cbssports.com. Its on the site. I never said hes for sure leaving. Not sure why your confused. I thought I made myself clear.
LOL ... i never said or implied that AJ will be cut either.

1) Just ask the source from what/why you are hearing about A. Jones possible departure from GB.
2) I just gave an insight on what I would think would happen here with the Cowboys.. if A. Jones came here as a FA.
and why it would be different than his success in GB.

" If they can't reach an agreement in the next two weeks, the Packers could release Jones and he would have the opportunity to weigh his options in free agency, per Silverstein. "

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They should have let him walk, part time back coming off an injury! Yeah, how did that work out. Smart? LOL
It worked out fine. If we had a decent run blocking scheme and better play calling he would have put up some really nice production.

Getting hit at or behind the LOS all game is a recipe for disaster.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Looks like each side might not be able to strke a deal. They are still talking but if hes cut, would you sign him? I for one am a big yes! Sign the guy that has our number before a team like Philly does.
Of course but he’s going to want big money or they would be signing him and they have a better cap situation than us.

This just has to be one of those “wish he were a Cowboy” fantasies

Hopefully we draft a RB in the 3rd they can pair with Dowdle.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I've been BEGGING for Dallas to get Aaron Jones since before he was drafted.

He already owns AT&T Stadium... might as well give him a job here.

quickccc

Reaction score
under this very coach staff and scheme ... i would think it would better suited to get a power oriented RB

The way we use RBs in run game in this " reach" block scheme, an instinctive, in-between tackles, power back
would be suited than a slash, speedy oriented, all purpose type.

Whether power or speedy oriented, we won't use ours back in the pass game whatsover. He will not be a threat in pass game becuz he will not be schemed to be a pass game threat.
We'll always be limited with these coaches, when we could be placed in a situation to be better, be more improved.

We don't emphasize RB screens, no quick swing flairs, we send out Pollard as a mere decoy, .. we had a couple of quick flairs to RB that resulted in a couple shorts TDs ( see Rico)

quickccc

Reaction score
LOL ... i never said or implied that AJ will be cut either.

1) Just ask the source from what/why you are hearing about A. Jones possible departure from GB.
2) I just gave an insight on what I would think would happen here with the Cowboys.. if A. Jones came here as a FA.
and why it would be different than his success in GB.

" If they can't reach an agreement in the next two weeks, the Packers could release Jones and he would have the opportunity to weigh his options in free agency, per Silverstein. "

exciter

Reaction score
Hmmm… he’s a slightly above average, undersized RB entering his 8th season, who misses an average 4 games a season and who is wanting to be overpaid, as evidenced by his current team not wanting to meet his demands. The answer really shouldn’t be that hard!!!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He wouldn't cost very much if he becomes a fa. Maybe dallas would be interested?

ICP

Reaction score
Dallas will never pony up, they apparently aren't even going to pony up for Tyron if Rappaport is to be believed which truly astonishes me

Loso86

Reaction score
NO. Just sign a vet for minimum and draft a RB.

You don't put money into RB's in todays NFL.
Everybody wants to be cheap knowing that Dak NEEDS players around him. Not saying go all out but we don't need to sign a vet min rb

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
No that was smart. Better to tag him and not give him a long term deal.

Then draft his replacement this year and have a RB on a rookie deal.

Then you can take the comp pick for Pollard.
They could've done the same last year and saved $12m, to put towards other much larger contracts coming up...or bring in another piece of an incomplete puzzle. All they did was kick the can down the road and spent a bunch of money on a mostly ineffective back.

I was glad we retained him, but the price was steep for an unproven lead horse. Now here we are, a year later in the same position, but a second franchise tag is absolutely out of the question. I would venture to say that we are in worse shape than we were this time last year at the position.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I say we can do both.
It's important that we do both. You don't need to spend a bunch on an insurance policy, and relying on an unproven horse every few years is risky. You miss on one, and you're going to have a pretty rough season. Running back is a tough position, and depth is necessary. Mentorship is underrated around here. Having a vet show them the ropes is ideal. Look at the jump Bland made with Gilmore in town.

Free agency needs to supplement the draft. Otherwise we run into a situation like last season, and now this season. Pollard did enough to help the team get to the dance, but failed when it mattered. We can't have that happen again.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could've done the same last year and saved $12m, to put towards other much larger contracts coming up...or bring in another piece of an incomplete puzzle. All they did was kick the can down the road and spent a bunch of money on a mostly ineffective back.

I was glad we retained him, but the price was steep for an unproven lead horse. Now here we are, a year later in the same position, but a second franchise tag is absolutely out of the question. I would venture to say that we are in worse shape than we were this time last year at the position.
There is no question the Cowboys messed up. But I must say that I am now glad they didn't give Pollard a 3-4 year deal last year and just tagged him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
NO. Just sign a vet for minimum and draft a RB.

You don't put money into RB's in todays NFL.
49ers got to the SB putting money in RB though. Big time money too. Aaron Jones wouldn't cost nearly that much. Cowboys need to have the best backfield possible and IMO, they need a vet and a rookie. No just a Ronald Jones type.