Packers are asking that fans in the stands join arms in unity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prove institutional racism exists in law enforcement today.

Sorry, I'm not just going to take your word for it.

YR

Then you are a fool. You are purposefully blinding yourself to reality and trying to rationalize what happens if you say institutional racism doesn't exist.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Demographics doesn't mean anything without the crime rates as well.

https://www.amren.com/archives/reports/the-color-of-crime-2016-revised-edition/

You just posted a white supremacist puplication. Case in point. I'm done here.

American Renaissance (AR or AmRen) is a monthly online magazine described as a white supremacist publication by several sources, including The Washington Post, Fortune, and the Anti-Defamation League.[1][2][3][4] It is published by the New Century Foundation, which describes itself as a "race-realist, white advocacy organization".[5][6] It has also been described as "alt-right" by The Guardian.[7]

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Showing articles that skew numbers to highlight certain facts or points of view is easy to do.

For every one of those you can find a counter point that says the exact opposite.

Case in point. I can just as easily show stats that white cops are less likely to shoot black people because they are scared of being destroyed by the media
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/...se-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?mcubz=3
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/

Case #2 speeding in New Jersey
https://www.city-journal.org/html/racial-profiling-myth-debunked-12244.html
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2002/mar/22/20020322-041229-2114r/

Yup.

I've already been over this with the case of Maryland studies that showed blacks were pulled over at a higher rate than whites.

Each year the state of Maryland lists 29 crimes ranging from Murder to Vagrancy.

28 out of the 29 crimes blacks are disproportionately represented. The one crime they are not? DUI.

It's not a logical leap to understand that given blacks are disproportionately committing 28 out of 29 crimes that they may very well disproportionately committing moving violations, having expired tags, broken taillights, etc.

And this doesn't account for the crime in the neighborhood as people from the same ethnicity tend to live together and people with violent criminal backgrounds tend to live together. Thus, risk terrain analytics direct cops towards those areas in hopes of preventing a crime before it happens.

Stop, question and frisk was brought to Manhattan and Manhattan has seen a reduction in murders by 500% and it has shown that police actually under-stopped blacks and hispanics according to the demographic data.

It's farcical studies like this that are biased to assume that any differentiation must be due to racism when it fails to consider the disproportionate crime rates of not only certainly ethnicity, but certain areas as well.

And again...they always neglect the fact that for such institutional racism in the police force, Asian Americans are far less likely to be killed or pulled over or brutalized by police.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Then you are a fool. You are purposefully blinding yourself to reality and trying to rationalize what happens if you say institutional racism doesn't exist.

Prove it.

The fool is the one that spouts off platitudes without any proof.

YR

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prove it.

The fool is the one that spouts off platitudes without any proof.

YR

You twist every stat thrown your way, and try to call it pure coincidence or throw out slanted numbers to try to discredit the reality of what anyone with a conscious and critical thinking will see.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Respect your opinion.....however racial inequality or Bad cop work (only bad cops) held without accountability has been going on before the Mike Brown incident you identify.....and continues. The beauty of the ugliness is that cell phone cameras place it for all to see.

This is not a new request to simply have fairness.....been sought for years. Video is showing incidents are happening for all to see, yet the response is "You didn't see what your eyes saw". Mike Brown incident didn't start this.

I've never denied that there was never institutional racism in this country. But at this point in time there simply is not. There's individual racism which is different.

As far as cameras go, recently the University of South Florida gave away free police body cameras as part of a study. To their surprise, police officers from all over Florida begged the university for more free cameras. Why? Because they were sick and tired of false accusations from people, particularly criminals that was putting their job at risk.

Cameras are a big reason why institutional racism in law enforcement doesn't exist. And when a Pennsylvania police chief calls Mike Tomlin a racial slur on his own personal FB page..he immediately loses his job despite having no conduct issues with blacks. That's the antithesis of institutional racism at work.

YR

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
And those people are silly IMO.

They are silly because this garners more outrage for MANY of them than the stuff the nitwit in the WH pulls. So some players not standing for the anthem is disrespectful but it's OK if the President rants about McCain being a bad soldier for being a POW, or insulting a family whose son died a hero simply because they were Muslim and didn't like him, or the fact that leading up to his nomination, he trashed the military leadership.

Nah, that's not going to get your dander up. But some guys kneeling for the anthem, yeah, that's something we need to really get outraged over.

If this many people showed this type of outrage over what our politicians do, we might be better off as a country. But instead, we don't. Instead we get outraged over silly, petty BS that really has not one effect on our every day lives.

It's beyond idiotic.

The issues of healthcare and people having it is an actual thing that will affect the lives of people. Both health wise/money wise if they can't afford health insurance. But, some will insult McCain just because he didn't go along with Trump's plan to repeal the ACA. And I don't think that some even care if millions lose health care or if people are worried that their pre existing conditions won't get covered. Or if people are worried about their sick loved ones not being covered. As long as they can say that Trump won at something.

The same who are upset about the players protesting, will turn around and tell people "Tough luck, get a job" when it comes to Americans having health insurance and who deserves to have it. Getting more upset over a piece of fabric/song, than they are at actual human lives being impacted by the GOP's attempts to repeal the ACA instead of trying to find ways to fix it flaws, so that all of the American people can afford to have insurance.

Truly caring about your country to me is actually caring about the well being/lively hood of the people in the time of crisis/need.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
You twist every stat thrown your way, and try to call it pure coincidence or throw out slanted numbers to try to discredit the reality of what anyone with a conscious and critical thinking will see.

No I don't.

I provide clear detailed analysis as to why these studies are incomplete, flawed and often times just flat out lying.

You just don't like the fact that this opposes your long-held belief.

The Maryland study is a great example. It claims that roughly 50% of the time blacks in the state are pulled over despite representing 27% of the population. Thus, the study concludes that because it's so disproportionate that it must be due to racism.

Here's the crime data from the state of Maryland back in 2013:

mdcr.png

The only non disproportionate crime for blacks is....Driving Under the Influence. And that's really not disproportionate when you consider that a lower percentage of blacks have automobiles than whites.

Personally, I don't think it's a logical leap to look at the crime data above and to assume that in all likelihood that blacks are committing a disproportionate amount of moving violations and have disproportionate issues with their cars whether it be broken taillights, turn signals, expired tags, etc. In fact, if they didn't, then it would be a statistical anomaly given their disproportionate representation in 29 other crimes.

But hey, that's just me who has worked in statistics and data analysis for over 15 years 'twisting the numbers' for ya.

YR

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No I don't.

I provide clear detailed analysis as to why these studies are incomplete, flawed and often times just flat out lying.

You just don't like the fact that this opposes your long-held belief.

The Maryland study is a great example. It claims that roughly 50% of the time blacks in the state are pulled over despite representing 27% of the population. Thus, the study concludes that because it's so disproportionate that it must be due to racism.

Here's the crime data from the state of Maryland back in 2013:

mdcr.png

The only non disproportionate crime for blacks is....Driving Under the Influence. And that's really not disproportionate when you consider that a lower percentage of blacks have automobiles than whites.

Personally, I don't think it's a logical leap to look at the crime data above and to assume that in all likelihood that blacks are committing a disproportionate amount of moving violations and have disproportionate issues with their cars whether it be broken taillights, turn signals, expired tags, etc. In fact, if they didn't, then it would be a statistical anomaly given their disproportionate representation in 29 other crimes.

But hey, that's just me who has worked in statistics and data analysis for over 15 years 'twisting the numbers' for ya.

YR

Are you really this dense? There are multiple studies that show that once a black person is pulled over and or stopped by police they are over 3x more likely to be charged and or arrested for said crime/violation than their white counterpart. So if I'm a cop and I profile black people and am way more likely to arrest you for the same crime that I let a white person go for and there are thousands of cops who think the same way I do, what do you think the statistics for black people are going to look like?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The issues of healthcare and people having it is an actual thing that will affect the lives of people. Both health wise/money wise if they can't afford health insurance. But, some will insult McCain just because he didn't go along with Trump's plan to repeal the ACA. And I don't think that some even care if millions lose health care or if people are worried that their pre existing conditions won't get covered. Or if people are worried about their sick loved ones not being covered. As long as they can say that Trump won at something.

The same who are upset about the players protesting, will turn around and tell people "Tough luck, get a job" when it comes to Americans having health insurance and who deserves to have it. Getting more upset over a piece of fabric/song, than they are at actual human lives being impacted by the GOP's attempts to repeal the ACA instead of trying to find ways to fix it flaws, so that all of the American people can afford to have insurance.

Truly caring about your country to me is actually caring about the well being/lively hood of the people in the time of crisis/need.

Actually not Trumps plan it is the plan put forth by congress. The latest is by Lindsay Graham. Presidents do not write the bills the congress does. Trump has said he will veto any bill that does not cover those with existing condition.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
You just posted a white supremacist puplication. Case in point. I'm done here.

American Renaissance (AR or AmRen) is a monthly online magazine described as a white supremacist publication by several sources, including The Washington Post, Fortune, and the Anti-Defamation League.[1][2][3][4] It is published by the New Century Foundation, which describes itself as a "race-realist, white advocacy organization".[5][6] It has also been described as "alt-right" by The Guardian.[7]

About the author
Edwin S. Rubenstein is the president of ESR Research. He has worked as a senior economist at W.R. Grace & Co., and as research director at the Hudson Institute. His articles have appeared in Harvard Business Review, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Investor’s Business Daily.

I am sure every source you posted was without any sort of bias or left leaning agenda. Any one who leans right is racist.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
About the author
Edwin S. Rubenstein is the president of ESR Research. He has worked as a senior economist at W.R. Grace & Co., and as research director at the Hudson Institute. His articles have appeared in Harvard Business Review, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Investor’s Business Daily.

I am sure every source you posted was without any sort of bias or left leaning agenda. Any one who leans right is racist.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

I'm not a leftest, but I damn sure not Alt-right. You posted a link to a white supremacist publication--which I'm sure was unintentional in your google fervor to convince us that institutional racism doesn't exist--but you have to ask yourself why this type of site would post this article.

Cmac

Reaction score
I've never denied that there was never institutional racism in this country. But at this point in time there simply is not. There's individual racism which is different.

As far as cameras go, recently the University of South Florida gave away free police body cameras as part of a study. To their surprise, police officers from all over Florida begged the university for more free cameras. Why? Because they were sick and tired of false accusations from people, particularly criminals that was putting their job at risk.

Cameras are a big reason why institutional racism in law enforcement doesn't exist. And when a Pennsylvania police chief calls Mike Tomlin a racial slur on his own personal FB page..he immediately loses his job despite having no conduct issues with blacks. That's the antithesis of institutional racism at work.

YR

Cognitive Dissonance....the part about the Fire Chief...."calls Mike Tomlin a racial slur on his own personal FB page..he immediately loses his job despite having no conduct issues with blacks." Should I interpret as...."Use racial slur at a Black, but has no issue with Blacks, but would offend other Blacks with the slur"? Help me out.

Cmac

Reaction score

YR

The true beauty is that we're engaging in the Constitutional Rights....Freedom of speech, and respectfully differing opinions. The moment this happened during Kap's protest.....maybe we would be heading toward the willingness to recognize an issue and be able to talk about for the better....instead of ostracizing, changing the message, and listening to the name calling. I think we'd be in better shape (just my opinion). I don't agree with you Yakuza Rich, but I appreciate the communication.....I think that goes a long way.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I'm not a leftest, but I damn sure not Alt-right. You posted a link to a white supremacist publication--which I'm sure was unintentional in your google fervor to convince us that institutional racism doesn't exist--but you have to ask yourself why this type of site would post this article.

If the facts are wrong, great show me other statistics, but like I said showing only demographics of an area is dishonest and doesn't tell the full story.

Institutional racism is a Unicorn, point me to one law that is racist. Racism exists, yes, but it must be dealt with on an individual basis not by pointing to a mythical thing that can't be defined. Jim Crow laws were an example of institutional racism, I don't see anything in society that is anything like that.

Cognitive Dissonance....the part about the Fire Chief...."calls Mike Tomlin a racial slur on his own personal FB page..he immediately loses his job despite having no conduct issues with blacks." Should I interpret as...."Use racial slur at a Black, but has no issue with Blacks, but would offend other Blacks with the slur"? Help me out.

A clear example of something all people can get behind as a society and how racism needs to be dealt with. Pointing to explicit or subconscious racial bias is absurd.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Are you really this dense? There are multiple studies that show that once a black person is pulled over and or stopped by police they are over 3x more likely to be charged and or arrested for said crime/violation than their white counterpart. So if I'm a cop and I profile black people and am way more likely to arrest you for the same crime that I let a white person go for and there are thousands of cops who think the same way I do, what do you think the statistics for black people are going to look like?

I think you're being dense.

Where's your proof that cops are 'letting white people go?'

Answer...there is none.

You just assume that because it's a disproportionate rate that there's racism behind it all.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
I think you're being dense.

Where's your proof that cops are 'letting white people go?'

Answer...there is none.

You just assume that because it's a disproportionate rate that there's racism behind it all.

YR

And you assume that blacks are just a more criminally aligned race than whites.

Even the stats you cite have holes in them. For example, the Maryland study you keep citing is just a listing of arrests. That's it. It doesn't discuss convictions, or accusations. It's just a raw number that neither proves or disproves that blacks are targeted by some in the police more than whites. Gambling, per the study, had 129 arrests, 116 were blacks. For those who want to claim there is no racial profiling will simply claim that the number show blacks commit more gambling crimes than whites. Or do they? How many accusations of gambling were made? What's the split of whites versus blacks accused of gambling? How many convictions? You've taken one snippet of data and concluded that since blacks are arrested more for gambling and robbery and whatever, therefore, it's likely they commit more traffic violations than whites and the high number of traffic stops for whites and searches represent that fact. Let's do a simple example.

Podunk City had 11 arrests last year for peeing in the bushes. 10 were black. Now you would see that stat and say that based on that blacks are more likely to commit a crime than whites and therefore any suggestion that Podunk City racially profiles has to be false because it should be expected blacks commit more crimes and therefore would be arrested more. But what if it turned out that while there were 11 arrests for peeing, there were actually 30 accusations made? 11 arrests were made 19 were let go. Now let's say of the 19 let go, 17 were white. That changes the dynamics of the debate now doesn't it? Further, lets say of the 11 arrests made, only 3 were actually convicted, the one white person and two black people. Again, that changes the dynamic a bit.

Essentially what you are doing is that since you can't deny the stats that show blacks are more likely to get pulled over or searched than whites, you'll try to create a narrative that blacks are just worse people on average and commit more crimes than whites and as such, you should expect them to get pulled over more and be searched more.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
And you assume that blacks are just a more criminally aligned race than whites.

I don't assume that. You just think I assume that because that's your agenda.

As I've said from the beginning, you can start to prove institutional racism when there's an epidemic of black people who are residents of low crime neighborhoods being disproportionately arrested and not convicted of crimes.

We don't see that in Orlando where many black families live in upscale neighborhoods like Lake Nona and Isleworth.

It's not a skin color issue. It's an issue of poverty and culture and the cycle that it produces and is difficult to break out of. Upper income blacks with no criminal record do not get shot at by police at the rate that lower income blacks with a criminal record do. Upper income blacks are much more likely to have grown up with a father in their life than lower income blacks.

And that does not just apply to blacks. There have been numerous studies that have shown how unwanted pregnancies and fatherless households increase the likelihood of poverty and crime regardless of race, gender and religious affiliation.

It's a big reason why the Asian American population has higher median incomes, longer life spans, less crime, less killing from cops, more likely to get accepted to med school, etc. than even whites. They have far less fatherless households and unwanted pregnancies.

For alleged institutional racism in law enforcement, I guess they forget to figure out that they were supposed to be discriminatory of Asians.

YR

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
About the author

Rubenstein doesn't lean left or right, he leans white nationalist.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If the facts are wrong, great show me other statistics, but like I said showing only demographics of an area is dishonest and doesn't tell the full story.

Institutional racism is a Unicorn, point me to one law that is racist.

Affirmative Action, MBE/DBE (Minority/Disadvantaged Business Entity) requirements, etc. Of course, that's not institutionalized racism against blacks, so nobody seems to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.