Packers Article From 2017 Highlighting McCarthy's Time Management Issues

fivetwos

Reaction score
That is what some goofball on one of the show said. Can't remember his name, but be praises the Cowboys, but always has a BUT...and puts them down.
As he used to put them down all he time, but now knows with them at 5-1 and Dak playing great he would look like a fool.

Anyway, he said they will win the NFCE and win a home playoff game. But will lose in the divisional round because of MM.
Well it's impossible to know when it's going to cost the most....probably when we aren't so much better than the opponent, which hasn't been the case lately.

Maybe it never costs them at all, and in today's league it starts to lean toward making sense to not give up the ball in exchange for 35 or so yards of field position....he just needs to pick his spots better.

As in, at least be near midfield, and maybe not so early in the game.

We are a much better team than NE and it showed on Sunday. There was no real reason to take risks to let them in the game. When you're the better team if you don't beat yourselves you won't lose often.

The one time I thought for sure he should have went on 4th he opted for a long FG.

For now, all is well that ends well....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
wow and yet he still went to like 5 championship games and won a superbowl, and came to Dallas and has them playing the best football they've played in 25 years... ..what a bum!
Things like that happen when you have prime Aaron Rodgers.

As soon as McCarthy got the boot from GB the Packers have went right back to two straight NFC Championships are a sitting at 5-1 also.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's 100% going to costs us a game. I just hope it's not in a win or go home situation.
I don’t think it’s going to cost us a game at all. That doesn’t mean it needs to be addressed. And I’m sure positive is being discussed.

75boyz

Reaction score
CZ poster MMObserver used to post some revealing articles on McCarthy's coaching job in Green Bay. The articles showed lotsa stuff that may not have been familiar to fans out side of Green Bay.

Kinda wish he still posted here.

jmo

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well then blame Jerry.....I don't get the constant posts about this.....it's been covered, he has us at 5-1.....I heard Bill shouldn't have punted in overtime, I wonder if his fans are still crying about it??
You don't have faith in Dak and co being 5-1 without McCarthy? You think McCarthy is most responsible for the 5-1 record?

Rodgers has led the Packers to 2 straight NFC Championship games and has the Packers sitting at 5-1 without McCarthy.

You don't believe Dak and co has the ability to do anything like that the way Rodgers and co has?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/the-mike-mccarthy-pre-halftime-timeout-a-history-633

This person put in some serious work on this article.

It seems that McCarthy has had issues with clock management and timeouts his entire career. It's not a new thing.

Are timeouts and clock management McCarthy's version of the yips?
I think he doesnt give a hoot. I think he thinks it's a minor concern and in the larger scheme of things his time and energy are better spent on more macro issues. Not saying I agree with him. If he feels that way he should just delegate it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Probably when the cost is much higher.
It’s possible. I think the reality of the situation is that every coach is flawed when we try and gauge how good or bad they should be. Bellicheat is the greatest coach of all tine….he coached foolishly on Sunday.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't have faith in Dak and co being 5-1 without McCarthy? You think McCarthy is most responsible for the 5-1 record?

Rodgers has led the Packers to 2 straight NFC Championship games and has the Packers sitting at 5-1 without McCarthy.

You don't believe Dak and co has the ability to do anything like that the way Rodgers and co has?
Now you're being stupid....you think a team can coach themselves? If so, you are clueless.....not surprised...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well then blame Jerry.....I don't get the constant posts about this.....it's been covered, he has us at 5-1.....I heard Bill shouldn't have punted in overtime, I wonder if his fans are still crying about it??
Every coach is flawed. I don’t get why that’s hard for people to get.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Now you're being stupid....you think a team can coach themselves? If so, you are clueless.....not surprised...
A head coach is required, of course, but McCarthy IS NOT the main reason this team is 5-1, in my opinion.

Nobody said anything about coaching themselves. You're only saying that to avoid the questions I posed.

It's simple really. Rodgers and the Packers are doing just fine without him, do you not think Dak and the Cowboys would be doing the same? Do you believe Dak and the Cowboys NEED McCarthy to be successful or do they have just enough talent that even McCarthy and his bone head decisions can't screw up YET?

You can avoid the question again if you want. I just thought you had more faith in Dak and co, but I guess not.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A head coach is required, of course, but McCarthy IS NOT the main reason this team is 5-1, in my opinion.

Nobody said anything about coaching themselves. You're only saying that to avoid the questions I posed.

It's simple really. Rodgers and the Packers are doing just fine without him, do you not think Dak and the Cowboys would be doing the same? Do you believe Dak and the Cowboys NEED McCarthy to be successful or do they have just enough talent that even McCarthy and his bone head decisions can't screw up YET?

You can avoid the question again if you want. I just thought you had more faith in Dak and co, but I guess not.
I don't have faith in Dak to coach the team....he's good, but not nearly that good.

75boyz

Reaction score

It's obvious it has ALL to do with Matt LaFleur and nothing to do with Rodgers. Uh... that would be a NO.

It ain't real hard to connect the dots here but many prefer to allow this current coach a longer leash than some, like you and I, would prefer.

The split second a game deciding coach's gaffe in a lose and go home circumstance occurs it will be very disappointing to say the least.

" IF" McCarthy is fortunate enough that these poor in-game decisions do not arise in the post season, then that will be a sign that all things aligned properly for Dallas to succeed this year.

Won't be able to officially judge unless his errors cost a home field advantage position or a playoff game.

Stay tuned.

jmo

DuncanIso

Reaction score
His TO usage, although something of a problem doesnt worry me nearly as much as things like going for it on 4th down on your own 30 on the opening drive.....when the other team needs all the help it can get.

That wasnt at all a one time thing, and he seems to be taking bigger chances each week.

Same guy who ran some double reverse fake punt inside his own 20 down by 6 last year.

I'll say it again....there's agressive, then there's stupid. He has been much closer to the latter and eventually its going to cost us a game. Matter of when.

Also, he hired Nolan to run the defense.

Winning.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was even late for his post game press conference after he won the Super Bowl.

rap-battle.gif