Packers DC Joe Barry has been fired

WhizKid

Reaction score
Weak against the run, played a soft defense with the game on the line in the playoffs.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
LOL. He shut down the Cowboys and contained the 49ers in the playoffs and gets the boot. Jerry would have elevated him to HC.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Packers fans were complaining about his defense all season long, which, is another reason I think a lot of us had Dallas beating them. This only makes the fact our offense fell on it's face against them in that game that much worse.
Ok, but he throttled us & gave the Niners all they could handle. I have to agree with those that say this just feels weird. :huh:

75boyz

Reaction score
Weird cuz he did such a terrible job during the regular season in losses to scrubs like Davito Giants and 3 point 33-30 nailbiter win against Panthers...

But then to turn that around with those 2 outstanding playoff defensive games against us and SF.

Really a strange sequence of events for Coach Barry.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
...what...!!! ***..lol.. He was main reason defense augmented itself.

75boyz

Reaction score
Packers fans were complaining about his defense all season long, which, is another reason I think a lot of us had Dallas beating them. This only makes the fact our offense fell on it's face against them in that game that much worse.
Exactly.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Quinn and the cowboys defense had a great year statistically. But they were awful against good teams, as well as end of game situations where all you need is a stop. They were historically bad in the playoffs.

Green bays defense was statistically terrible for the season, but played great against the cowboys and pretty well against the niners.

Cowboys won't fire Quinn. Packers fire their dc.

The Packers are trying to win a Superbowl. The cowboys are trying to win the division.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Along the same lines if Goff took Dallas to a Super Bowl he would have had a statue, not been traded.

For Barry the playoff win would have meant an extension and the assumption that it’s only getting better from here.

The difference…guys like LaFleur and Gutekunst understand things about the game that Jerry and his kid do not, regardless of what the people they hire tell them.

Dallas is at a major disadvantage from go.

Thankfully I’m learning to care less and less while Jerry continues his three decade ego trip at the fan’s expense.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Lol this board will use any piece of NFL news to take a shot at the team.

Weird obsession, gotta admit.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Yet Quinn will be back if nobody is dumb enough to hire him. Yep. That's one thoing Dallas has-ACCOUNTABILITY..... :facepalm: