Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
[SIZE=+2]Pacman's agent OKs four-year deal

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]10:19 PM CDT on Friday, April 25, 2008

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News
cwatkins@***BANNED-URL***
[/SIZE]

IRVING – The Dallas Cowboys and Manny Arora, the agent for suspended cornerback Pacman Jones, have agreed to terms on a new four-year contract, according to multiple sources.

Financial terms and language in the contract must be approved by the NFL and the Titans for Jones' trade to be completed.

The Cowboys would give up a fourth-round pick in this weekend's draft plus a sixth-rounder in 2009 if Jones doesn't have any off-the-field trouble this season.
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/football/
If Jones were not reinstated by the NFL, the Titans would have to return a fourth-round pick to the Cowboys in 2009, according to sources. Should Jones get reinstated but get suspended again, the sources said the Titans would have to give up a fifth-round pick to the Cowboys.

On Friday, Cowboys Pro Bowl cornerback Terence Newman said he doesn't know to what extent Cowboys players will welcome Jones' arrival.

"I'm sure there will be guys that will look at him and say, 'I can't believe they brought him in here. Why'd they bring him in here?' " Newman said on The Michael Irvin Show on ESPN-FM (103.3). "There will be guys who will say, 'He should be here; he deserves a chance.' It's a situation where some people will try and help him out and some people will keep their distance."
Newman said he will give Jones the benefit of the doubt and make him feel comfortable.

The new contract for Jones is expected to have similar incentives to the one defensive tackle Tank Johnson signed with the Cowboys last season.

Johnson, who was under suspension when the Cowboys signed him last fall, agreed to a two-year deal that totaled $1.1 million and could increase by as much as $950,000 if certain incentives are met.

To complete a deal with the Cowboys, Jones restructured his original Titans contract in which he earned $13.2 million over two seasons. Jones elected to forfeit $5.2 million in base salary over the next three seasons and not collect $1.5 million in incentives owed him by the Titans, the sources said.

He could have earned as much as $3.6 million in incentives from the Titans over the next three seasons.

Before Jones can play with the Cowboys, he must be reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, who said he will review the cornerback's status before training camps open in July.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2052481 said:
Morning Hos. You're up early. Big day today, huh?
I have been up forever. Can't sleep. Can't eat. Wife's still sound asleep so no sex yet.

But damn am I happy. Merry Christmas.

lostinomiya

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2052481 said:
Morning Hos. You're up early. Big day today, huh?

night time in Japan where i am..will set my clock to get up and listen online to the draft

sacase

Reaction score
Why did I wake up at 730am this morning? I never wake up at 730 on saturday mornings.....something must be on my mind today.......DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Hostile;2052485 said:
I have been up forever. Can't sleep. Can't eat. Wife's still sound asleep so no sex yet.

I slept very little last night. I feel like I did when I was 8 years old and I was waiting to see what was under the Christmas tree. I live for this day each year.

Here's to a great day!!

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Hostile;2052474 said:
If Jones were not reinstated by the NFL, the Titans would have to return a fourth-round pick to the Cowboys in 2009, according to sources. Should Jones get reinstated but get suspended again, the sources said the Titans would have to give up a fifth-round pick to the Cowboys.

I love this part of the deal. If he's not reinstated, we get compensation. If he is reinstated and is suspended again, we get compensation. If he is reinstated and he plays, Cowboys are markedly better in the defensive backfield and return game.

"I'm sure there will be guys that will look at him and say, 'I can't believe they brought him in here. Why'd they bring him in here?' " Newman said on The Michael Irvin Show on ESPN-FM (103.3). "There will be guys who will say, 'He should be here; he deserves a chance.' It's a situation where some people will try and help him out and some people will keep their distance."
Newman said he will give Jones the benefit of the doubt and make him feel comfortable.

Not a very endearing statement by Newman. Would you guys consider him the leader of the secondary? I used to think it was RW, but not so sure anymore. I know it's not Henry. Maybe Hamlin. Whoever it is needs to get in Pacman's ear and tell him how it's going to be. Not to babysit him, but to have an understanding of how the lockerroom and team works.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2052492 said:
I slept very little last night. I feel like I did when I was 8 years old and I was waiting to see what was under the Christmas tree. I live for this day each year.

Here's to a great day!!

here you go:beer2:

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
So since Pacman is technically not a Cowboy yet, what happens with the fourth round pick tomorrow if for some reason this thing isn't finalized in time for the actual pick? Do we pick a player on behalf of the Titans?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2052493 said:
I love this part of the deal. If he's not reinstated, we get compensation. If he is reinstated and is suspended again, we get compensation. If he is reinstated and he plays, Cowboys are markedly better in the defensive backfield and return game.
I agree, that part was genius by Jerry.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;2052496 said:
So since Pacman is technically not a Cowboy yet, what happens with the fourth round pick tomorrow if for some reason this thing isn't finalized in time for the actual pick? Do we pick a player on behalf of the Titans?
Dallas would probably select the player Tennessee wants and then complete the trade.

No worries, the NFL will approve it today.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;2052496 said:

tennesse gets the pick. it will be worded as for "future considerations" or something like that

sacase

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2052493 said:

Not a very endearing statement by Newman. Would you guys consider him the leader of the secondary? I used to think it was RW, but not so sure anymore. I know it's not Henry. Maybe Hamlin. Whoever it is needs to get in Pacman's ear and tell him how it's going to be. Not to babysit him, but to have an understanding of how the lockerroom and team works.

I think Newman will welcome him like he said, I think he is voicing some opinions he has heard in the locker room. I also think that Roy Williams will be one of the first to step up and welcome him. You can bet that Roy will be taking him to church with him.

With that said, Pacman has been giving every chance to suceed. If he messes up now then he has no one to blame but himself. I hope he truly makes a change in his life.

Parche

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks we´re more and more "the Dallas Raiders" every player that comes to the team??
I mean, Aqib Talib and we´re done :p

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;2052485 said:

dude she is your wife.........get down there and taste the rainbow.......till she wakes up...and then do the dew....maybe then, you will be able to relax...:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Parche

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2052521 said:
Yep, pretty much

Pretty much you think the same, or pretty much Iam the only one that think that? :p

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Parche;2052513 said:
Am I the only one that thinks we´re more and more "the Dallas Raiders" every player that comes to the team??
I mean, Aqib Talib and we´re done :p
Some questions.

Since the promotion of Calvin Hill, what Cowboys players have been problems and black eyes?

Spellman? He had issues before and after he left here.

Underwood? Same as Spellman.

TO? Some minor drama year one. Zero drama year two. 49ers and Eagles fans scratching their heads. Commanders fans cussing.

Tank? I haven't heard a peep. Have you?

Call me a friggin' homer, but being here changes these men. There's something about being a Dallas Cowboy that matters.

We haven't had police blotter issues in a very long time. Maybe, just maybe, it's time to recognize that and give the hand wringing a rest. Up to you.

If Pacman screws up, Jerry had the language in the trade to cover up for it. Just my opinion but it is low risk, high reward. Not a fan of the kid, but won't deny his talent.