Video: Pacman Jones gives Jerry Jones his flowers

John813

Reaction score
This highlights a big problem with Jerry when it comes to team building.

He won't give up on players when he should move on.

I'm all for helping guys off the field, but it's okay to move on from them on the field.

He gets too involved at times on a personal level. Makes friends with some players, keeps guys cause he wants to be right about them panning out etc...

It's good from a non football perspective as I do think he cares, but as the GM, it clouds their judgement often, IMO.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He gets too involved at times on a personal level. Makes friends with some players, keeps guys cause he wants to be right about them panning out etc...

It's good from a non football perspective as I do think he cares, but as the GM, it clouds their judgement often, IMO.
100%.

If he wants to play this role then focus on that and let a real GM build the team.

lkelly

Reaction score
The way I interpreted this awkward exchange was: "Pac-Man was great at getting me some tail on the down low."

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This highlights a big problem with Jerry when it comes to team building.

He won't give up on players when he should move on.

I'm all for helping guys off the field, but it's okay to move on from them on the field.
Yep, Look at Randy.
Jerry gave this guy all the chances and assistance he could then when it came time for a contract he went for the Benjamins.

khiladi

Reaction score
When the NFL needs to move a franchise from one city to another, they call Jerry..

Jerry is in for himself..