Pacquiao vs Bradley

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4589540 said:
Here is Ochocinco's take on the fight.

Chad Ochocinco ‏@ochocinco
There were very "Powerful" individuals who bet on Bradley (see where i'm going) RT @justinee_GLEEK: @ochocinco thoughts on PACQUIAO fight ?

Right, yesterday ESPN radio had on one of the guys who runs one of the biggest books in Vegas (didn't catch the hotel) and he said he had a flood of money for Bradley from a few big players at the very last second before that fight.

Yeah, it was definitely fixed.

This is the most unanimous outrage I can ever remember about a sporting event like this. Maybe the US-USSR Olympics basketball final compares, though that was before my time. When so many authorities say it wasn't even close, the fix was in.

So tell Teddy Atlas and pretty much every boxing authority on Earth to get their tinfoil hat out.

joseephuss

Reaction score
They had the posters promoting the rematch out pretty quickly and the ticket sales started the day after the fight. Sounds suspicious to me. :D

Phoenix

Reaction score
joseephuss;4589750 said:
They had the posters promoting the rematch out pretty quickly and the ticket sales started the day after the fight. Sounds suspicious to me. :D

Bradley tweeted the rematch poster eleven days BEFORE this first one.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Phoenix;4589773 said:
Bradley tweeted the rematch poster eleven days BEFORE this first one.

ya i saw that, maybe thats why manny didnt look as cut up as he normally does, he knew it didnt really matter

MFWitt63

Reaction score
MC KAos;4588795 said:
unbelievable, not only did manny land 100 more punches, 100 more power punches, and ALL his punches were like 4 times more powerful, but he lost? this is like osama bin laden being declared the winner against the navy seals

i just busted out laughing at work:lmao2:

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
casmith07;4589191 said:
This is what I saw. And people are complaining because of big punches, but big punches aren't worth more than others.

Maybe you missed the rules I posted above yours...

Rule #1 - Clean punches - quality (hard punches) over quantity.

JBS

Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4590241 said:
Maybe you missed the rules I posted above yours...

Rule #1 - Clean punches - quality (hard punches) over quantity.

Pacman dominated this category

However, Bradley dominated the defense category

MC KAos

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4590258 said:
Pacman dominated this category

However, Bradley dominated the defense category

is that why manny's hitting percentage was twice as high as bradley's? cuz that makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:

JBS

Reaction score
MC KAos;4590264 said:
is that why manny's hitting percentage was twice as high as bradley's? cuz that makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:

Look here bitter Betty! Pacman lost-move on

kristie

Reaction score
MC KAos;4590264 said:

oh jeez....:laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4590283 said:
Look here bitter Betty! Pacman lost-move on

you must be only the third person on the planet that truly believes that was deserved, or you are great at lying to yourself.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
boxing is a huge joke.........i cannot stand watching it anymore.

At least Pro Wrestling admits to being staged.....boxing would save face if it would simply admit what we already know....it is rigged, sports entertainment, and hasn't been a legit sport for nearly 2 decades.

What they need to do is get just 1 Title Belt for each weight class. Have boxers from all over the world compete for that 1 title. Instead of having like 100 different boxing organizations, simply merge them all into 1......I like the WBF (World Boxing Federation).

Then, have a 3-man judge crew. These crews judge non-Championship fights, building up point totals. The crews with the highest points get to judge the Championship fights. Points are rewarded by quality judging. The more correct the judging, the more points the crew will receive. Also, if the judges go off the deep end and completely screw it up, the crew should be reprimanded with fines, suspensions, and/or possible loss of judging licenses.

This would make for better fights, bigger fights, and more legit Champions. Boxing fans may once again get their money's worth.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MC KAos;4590362 said:
you must be only the third person on the planet that truly believes that was deserved, or you are great at lying to yourself.

your avatar............the best poster ever....my bro had it, i want it. I am not a huge fan of posters, but this one is a definite must.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4590423 said:
your avatar............the best poster ever....my bro had it, i want it. I am not a huge fan of posters, but this one is a definite must.

ya, its my all time favorite poster, second being this one...

GPP51002~Muhammad-Ali-Posters.jpg

when i lived in san antonio they had that poster on sale autographed by ice, i think it was going for 4 or 5 hundred dollars! i wanted to get it, but when i had the money it was already sold. i almost got an autographed robert horry one instead, of him hitting that game winner vs the pistons, but i decided against it. i wish i would have now.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
My final thoughts on this one -- I agree with Teddy Atlas: it is high time that boxing had open scoring.

Regardless of the outcome of this fight, and people's feelings on the matter, it's the only sport where the fans watching have absolutely no idea what's going on.

In basketball - you get points for making baskets, and there's a scoreboard.

In football, touchdowns put points on the board.

Boxing should move to something similar. Have judges use an electronic scoring panel where they can hit a button when they add/subtract points during a round. Even wrestling has somewhat open scoring.

And I'm not even speaking toward alleged corruption - it would just make the sport more engaging for fans, in my opinion. And they also need to make undercard fights appear on cable. Pay-Per-View only is a horrible way to draw casual fans.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Until boxing unites under one umbrella, has one belt per weight class and has open scoring, I will spend exactly ZERO dollars on PPV events. They can get rich off of some one else, I refuse to fund the corruption.

Rogah

Reaction score
I'd say boxing's system of scoring should join us in the 21st century, but actually I'd just be happy if they advanced to the 20th century.