Pacquiao vs Bradley

Hoofbite

Reaction score
casmith07;4589091 said:
"hurting" is not how you score rounds.

What exactly was it that you saw that the entire rest of the world did not?

I haven't watched the fight yet but I would be very hard pressed to believe that the entire world is wrong.

I saw the 12th round and there wasn't a single person who had a microphone on air who didn't think it was an outright terrible decision.

JBS

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4589096 said:
What exactly was it that you saw that the entire rest of the world did not?

I haven't watched the fight yet but I would be very hard pressed to believe that the entire world is wrong.

I saw the 12th round and there wasn't a single person who had a microphone on air who didn't think it was an outright terrible decision.

Pacquiao let up off the gas major midway through the fight. Most people probably stopped watching closely bc nobody thought Bradley had a chance. However, Bradley absolutely won the last 3 rounds of the fight and it was scored that way.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Yawn, for those of you that are giving the fight to Bradley. Go get your eyes checked ASAP.

I can see this has turned into a racial thing too. ...sigh... Figures.

(No, I'm not saying on this board exactly either.)

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4588964 said:
this.

it's absolutely hysterical. I bet if you polled everyone in this thread-just about nobody could tell you precisely how rounds are scored.

He dominated the punch % in all three categories.

Even Bradley said he didn't win (before the decision was made).

Why are you defending someone that thought he lost?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4589107 said:
Pacquiao let up off the gas major midway through the fight. Most people probably stopped watching closely bc nobody thought Bradley had a chance. However, Bradley absolutely won the last 3 rounds of the fight and it was scored that way.

So you decided the fight in the last 3 rounds?

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4588964 said:
this.

it's absolutely hysterical. I bet if you polled everyone in this thread-just about nobody could tell you precisely how rounds are scored.

I knew most of this but here it is for those that don't.....

Now can ppl honestly say that Bradly won.....REALLY?

And if anyone has followed this sport for a while they would know that they usually give the CHAMP the benefit of the doubt in a close fight - and this fight wasn't even close.

The scoring shall be done on a TEN POINT must system. Judges are to score each round using the following scoring criteria:

1. Clean punching (power versus quantity).
2. Effective aggressiveness.
3. Ring generalship.
4. Defense.

Incomplete or Partial Rounds
In the event that the bout is stopped in the middle of the round, the judges shall score ALL incomplete or partials rounds as if they were a complete round.

Knockdowns
Judges shall deduct points for knockdowns only when they are called as such by the referee.

Point Deductions
Judges may only deduct points for fouls when they are instructed to do so by the referee.

General guidelines for the "10 Point Must System"
Judges should avoid scoring a round even. (Complete concentration and application of the scoring criteria will allow Judges to pick the winner of each round.)

The basic scoring concepts
- Round ends, no clear winner 10-10 (Rare)
- Close round/Winning of the round by effective boxing – 10-9
- One knockdown and a winning of the round – 10-8
- No knockdowns, but a clear dominating winning of the round – 10-8
- Two knockdowns – 10-7
- One knockdown and one point deduction to the same boxer – 10-8 (minus 1) = 10-7
- More than two knockdowns – 10-6
- Two knockdowns and one point deduction – 10-7 (minus 1) = 10-6

stowle07

Reaction score
I just don't understand how Manny could land more punches and power punches AND post a higher percentage of hits landed and lose due to a decision.

The fight wasn't even close folks. This **** is rigged.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

This is what I saw. And people are complaining because of big punches, but big punches aren't worth more than others.

Rogah

Reaction score
casmith07;4588932 said:
I love how everyone that's not a boxing judge thinks they can judge matches.
I'm not an NFL referee either but I sure know a touchdown when I see it.
casmith07;4588932 said:
I'm personally glad to see Pacquiao lose. He's been declining fight after fight and should have lost to Marquez.

Now the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight will be permanently off and boxing can move on from being held hostage by this ridiculous circus.
If you think the "circus" was bad before, it's only going to get worse following this atrocious decision. There are people who honestly believe the outcome was rigged and nothing could ever destroy a sport faster than that.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Question for both. If the final 3 rounds were the deciding factor, how did you guys see the first 9?

Where did things sit after the 9th round?

casmith07;4589191 said:
This is what I saw. And people are complaining because of big punches, but big punches aren't worth more than others.

I think people are complaining because Manny landed more punches in every category and at a higher percentage.

I'm not even sure people would view punches similarly and even if they did, how does that do anything to make a case for Bradley?

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
casmith07;4589191 said:

What are you talking about?

PAC lead all categories in the fight, no matter jab or power punches.

You just sound like a hater or aren't a judge! :laugh2:

crazytown41

Reaction score
casmith07;4588932 said:
I love how everyone that's not a boxing judge thinks they can judge matches.

I'm personally glad to see Pacquiao lose. He's been declining fight after fight and should have lost to Marquez.

Now the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight will be permanently off and boxing can move on from being held hostage by this ridiculous circus.
Move on to what? Those 2 have been carrying the sport for the last 10 years.

The sport is dead. And was dead long before last night

RIP

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I didn't watch this fight so I can't say too much; but I think it is unfair that all you are hearing about is corruption and discrediting Bradley.

Also, I watched Pac Man's last fight and he did not win that fight. So even if Bradley "didn't" win this fight the same thing happened to Pac Man last fight. It almost seems like all the media is because their pay day might have decreased on the potential Pacquiao vs. Mayweather fight.

BigWillie

Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4589090 said:
The mob and judges made a boatload of money.

Oh, some people made a ton last night. In the last few hours before the fight the line went from about +410 to +325 the last time I looked at the line. Late money was heavy on Bradley.

I got on the line at +350, and ended up cashing about a little over a grand. As much as I love the money, it was definitely dirty money, though. Luckily, dirty money spends the same as clean money. :)

stowle07

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4589318 said:
I didn't watch this fight so I can't say too much; but I think it is unfair that all you are hearing about is corruption and discrediting Bradley.

Also, I watched Pac Man's last fight and he did not win that fight. So even if Bradley "didn't" win this fight the same thing happened to Pac Man last fight. It almost seems like all the media is because their pay day might have decreased on the potential Pacquiao vs. Mayweather fight.

LOL

It wasn't even close. PLEASE go watch the fight before you post another moronic comment.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well that probably puts the final nail in any shot at Manny fighting Mayweather.

And that's the only fight I've even cared about seeing in boxing in more than 10 years.

There is absolutely zero fights out there that interest me at all outside of that one and at this point there is absolutely zero incentive for Mayweather to even fight Manny.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
stowle07;4589368 said:
LOL

It wasn't even close. PLEASE go watch the fight before you post another moronic comment.

Regardless, Pacquiao lost his last fight as well.

Thanks for acknowledging my "moronic" comment; that is a pretty "moronic" statement. You could just say something like "Hey, I watched the fight and it wasn't even close in my opinion." I acknowledged I didn't watch the fight so you would take that with a grain of salt, obviously you didn't.

The main points of my comment however are.

1. Bradley technically won the fight regardless of what anybody says, and nobody is giving the guy even a sliver of acknowledgement. I mean, this guy was undefeated going into the fight; I think he deserves some respect.

2. I thought Pacquiao lost his previous fight; yet whenever it happens to him nobody says anything. Some people did but it got swept under the rug immediately.

jnday

Reaction score
casmith07;4589191 said:

Unless the rules have changed, big punches do count more in the pros.